TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

Old 02-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

Below are a few items that are bugging me about my new Crossfire that the dealer said they can not do anything about. Are any of you having the same issues and how did you resolve them. Thanks for your input! Sterling.

1. Inteior rearview mirror is very slow to darken.
2. Backlights for temp/windows/shifter are dimmer than the remaining buttons.
3. Stereo vibrates the drivers side exterior mirror.
4. The engine makes an odd rattle sound at idle after driving sometimes.
5. Excessive wind noise from the drivers window at 65+ MPH. Really bad at 110.
6. Radio/CD, bass/treble settings reset on their own sometimes.
7. Can you increase the length of time for the entry lighting to stay on?
8. Gas gauge red light does not illuminate.
9. The wing comes up at about 65 mph. The manual notes not to drive the vehicle above 58 or 60 mph without the wing being up. Can the wing be reprogrammed to come up at 60 mph and go down at 20 mph?

Old 02-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

windows switch have no light!

Old 02-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Forum Regular

Well the Wind Noise, I have had the same issue, along with a sqeeky trunk bay. So What I did was get some arage door floor molding from THE DEPOT, Ya baby. Its like 1.5 inches wide, so I cut it down the middle so it would fit flush in the middle of the inside door molding. I ran the whole length of the door.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:51 PM

You need to get your gas light fixed under warranty, they should definetly do that for you. In severe cases your window may need adjustment to reduce noise, some noise is always going to be there. The rear wing comes up at 100 kilometers, so it does not fall on 60 or 65, its german remember. Everything else you list is not a reasonable warranty request. You will be lucky to get real warranty issues fixed. Try to keep in mind that the things you are worried about will multiply every time you have the car worked on. You want them to do as little work as needed. The rattles and electrical problems will likely be created by them messing with your panels and guages. The gas light should definitely come on when you run low, but remember when they fix it you may create other problems like dash noises.

Old 02-18-2005, 11:48 PM
Red face Re: A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve

Originally Posted by afwill78
Don't think anyone's gas guage lights up properly. Believe it is a design flaw.
Mine has worked repeatedly....

Old 02-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Forum Regular

My dome light is all jacked up. The left side light come on when it feels like it , or sometimes doesn't work at all. I'm almost posative that it is a faulty bulb holder.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:00 PM

My gas light works flawlessly, every time. guess your just not extra special.

Old 02-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Forum Regular

I think there is some confusion here over the gas light. I think the light that people are saying works is the low level warning light. The gas pump by the gas gauge or the red bar on the last 1/6 of the gauge don't light up. At least I don't think they do. Are these what everyone is expecting to light up?

Old 02-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by sterling013
Below are a few items that are bugging me about my new Crossfire that the dealer said they can not do anything about. Are any of you having the same issues and how did you resolve them. Thanks for your input! Sterling.

[5. Excessive wind noise from the drivers window at 65+ MPH. Really bad at 110.
Search the TSB section, there is one on the wind noise.

Old 02-20-2005, 04:03 AM

My gas Light came on for thr first time last week there was enough fuel to drive over ten miles ,It must come on with a gallon left.

Old 02-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the TSB for a bad dealership service?

Old 02-20-2005, 04:44 AM
Forum Regular

My gas light comes on when there is a Quarter tank left. Which is fine, because that's as low as I ever let it get.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by afwill78
I tried to be clear by saying gas guage instead of low fuel warning light, but maybe your right....I would like to find out though. It shouldn't bother me, but the little things do.
There is only one warning light for gas, there is no light where you are talking about, just the symbol, what made you think that would light up? stop worrying about your car so much it will give you an ulcer and ruin your experience.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:08 AM

nobody bashed you, don't be so sensitive.what is the point of posting if you don't want people to respond. We are giving you good advice here. Worrying about the little things will drive the dealership nutz and force them to screw your car up even more. Then you will really have something wrong with your car.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Forum Regular

Great point. You have to be careful ,and try not to do what the German Engineer's did to this car, and over Engineer everything. That's why no one wants to work on these cars. It would cost you an arm and a leg to buy all the special tools that you need. I mean really, pretty much each part on the car has at least 2 different sized Torx Screws. Not to mention random 5 star ( as apposed to the standard 6 star) Torx screws thrown in there. It's made me go crazy a couple of times.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sterling013

1. Inteior rearview mirror is very slow to darken.
Hmm, not really noticed myself.

2. Backlights for temp/windows/shifter are dimmer than the remaining buttons.
Sounds odd to me, have you tried adjusting the dimmer switch to see if it can be brightened?

3. Stereo vibrates the drivers side exterior mirror.
ooo, dealer should investigate that, maybe there is something loose. You don't want to be driving one day and find the mirror falls off! Mind you, how loud is the radio when this happens?

4. The engine makes an odd rattle sound at idle after driving sometimes.
This has been posted before and I think there is a TSB on it. Something to do with the lifters. Dealer should fix.

There is a TSB on this already. Dealer should fix. They did on mine.

6. Radio/CD, bass/treble settings reset on their own sometimes.
Get a radio swap out, dealer should fix. Write to Chrysler customer care if the dealer won't fix these things. They will soon get their act together.

7. Can you increase the length of time for the entry lighting to stay on?
Don't think so, why would you want to do this anyway?

8. Gas gauge red light does not illuminate.
The red light at the bottom of the gauge isn't supposed to light. There is a warning light when the tank is low, but this is different to the red one at the bottom of the gauge.

9. The wing comes up at about 65 mph. The manual notes not to drive the vehicle above 58 or 60 mph without the wing being up. Can the wing be reprogrammed to come up at 60 mph and go down at 20 mph?
Don't think so, must be a typo in the manual I would say.
Some of the things seem minor but your dealer should still fix them. I had a problem where my ash-tray light didn't work. My dealer was happy to look at it for me. I actually fixed it myself in the end as I couldn't be assed to go all the way there just for that. But still, delaers and warranty service are there to fix problems. 1/7/8/9 are not problems so fair enough they won't look at those, but the others are.

Last edited by saldous; 02-21-2005 at 04:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:15 PM

There is a TSB on this already. Dealer should fix. They did on mine.

I read on another post that dealer would not drive car over 65mph (possible liability issue);
If this is the case and you got a wind noise problem over that speed, you are screwed as far as them proving it is fixed.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Forum Regular

Exactly. My dealer took a ride with me the other week to diagnose one of my cat convertors had broke. It goes in this Thursday to be repaired.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:15 PM

That's fine when you take the car there to show them the prob but they should be able to prove that its fixed before you go to pickup; considering all the bullsh.t we have been reading about the dealers incompetency, I think that is almost impossible.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:17 AM
Forum Regular

Well for the wind noise, here's a easy and effective fix. I posted this once before, but who really wants to look back. To kill the wind noise on the driver and or the passenger side. Go to any local hardwear store. Get a small role of garage molding. (Its the rubber that goes around the base and side for insulation) It costs around 10.00 bucks. Cut a piece the same size as from the front corner to about the middle of the top pf the roof. Now the rubber you will buy, will be about twice the actual size that your going to need. So once you have the length you want. Your going to have to split that sucker right down the middle. Once that is finished. Take either a flat head screw driver, or anything that you want to use to help you push the new rubber in, it will also come in handy with just holding the door molding open. Now when I say hold it open, if you look at the door molding, it almost like two pieces over lapping each other. In the center, there really isn't all that much, it's pretty empty. This is were the new rubber will fill it in, and give it some strength. Once you doo all that, your done. If it's only one side, you don't have to do the other. I did both only because I saw how crapy the stock door molding was,and felt it needed it on both sides. Now when I close the doors it doesn't sound like I'm going to break them. It has a nice solid sound.. If you have any questions you can PM me as well.
Hey Saldous.... What part of your CAT broke?

Quick Reply: A Few Items the Dealer will not Resolve