TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Heater blower replacement

Old 11-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Heater blower replacement

Hi,
Now when the winter is comming where I live in Northern Europe. What happens then? Of course the heater blower fan stopped working. I google on it and found that it is very common that the brushes are worn out. The blower doesn't cost very much and I ordered a new one direct. I normally use Mercedes parts which is much easier to find in Europe and much cheaper also.

I wrote it down with photos of my experiences from this heater blower replacement:
2005 years Chrysler Crossfire: Heater blower fan replacement, page I

I hope it can be to some help for others who have the same problem with the heater blower.

/Lars

Last edited by Astrofriend; 11-20-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:17 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts
Default Re: Heater blower replacement

Originally Posted by Astrofriend
Hi,
Now the winter is comming where I live in Northern Europe. What happen then? Of cousre the heater blower fan stopped working. I google on it and found that it is very common that the brushes are worn out. The blower doesn't cost very much and I ordered a new one direct. I normally use Mercedes parts which is much easier to find in Europe and much cheaper also.

I wrote it down with photos of my experiences from this blower replacement:

I hope it can be to some help for others who have the same problem with the heater blower.

/Lars
Nicely done.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Astrofriend
Hi,
Now when the winter is comming where I live in Northern Europe. What happens then? Of course the heater blower fan stopped working. I google on it and found that it is very common that the brushes are worn out. The blower doesn't cost very much and I ordered a new one direct. I normally use Mercedes parts which is much easier to find in Europe and much cheaper also.

I wrote it down with photos of my experiences from this heater blower replacement:

/Lars
I am amazed at the foresight of some Crossfire owners who document repairs and modifications they do to their cars. This one is another very thorough example, and I doubt I would have even considered a different part # for LHD vs. RHD cars!.

The fact you are an avid photographer is evident and further simplifies the repair steps. Well done - and thank you!

helps!

Old 11-22-2018, 07:16 AM

Hi,
I'm glad to hear my documentary of the blower replacement could be useful.

When I did this I spent 8 hours on internet to find ideas what's wrong and find correct spare parts. Then I spent 1.5 hours to replace it. And after that 8 hours to document "how to". Very different from how I did repairs 30 years ago.

/Lars

Old 11-22-2018, 07:43 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80

Nicely done.
Dave, have you added this to the LIST?

Old 11-22-2018, 09:34 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Dave, have you added this to the LIST?
Not yet, I am reluctant to put internet sites on the list as I have done it before and the site was later abandoned leaving useless links. I have in the past copied the info with consent from the OP and added the info as a PDF file. I still have internet sites listed but they too may be abandoned without warning, the info on them is extensive.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:26 AM

Yes, that's a big problem, a valuable website with information is suddenly gone. But it's also often when I wrote my DIY with photos on some forums as the images disappear. When I write on my own website, I can easily update with new information and correct all spelling mistakes I do when I try to write in English. My homepage will problaby not survive me but then maybe most Crossfires are gone too.

Here is my main Chrysler Crossfire page. Most of what I have written about repairs are very obvius, but the MIL lamp fix was very tricky to repair.

2005 years Chrysler Crossfire

Maybe other repairs could be of help also.

/Lars

Old 05-31-2020, 06:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the information and pictures for the blower motor. I am having similar issues and was struggling to see the screws etc while lying on my back. Your pictures have made the job so much easier, many thanks and keep up the great work.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the comment,

Great you got it to work. My new blower still work, after one year of use.

/Lars