U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

What a Weekend! 3rd UK XFire Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What a Weekend! 3rd UK XFire Meet

Cool ! I didn't know that even Badgers were Crossfire fans I also achieved something I had been after for a year or so, at Chatsworth I bought a big shiny ball which I can polish. This isn't some strange fetish, I have been after one to use for looking at certain phenomena of the Sun. The victorians used to do this. You look into a reflection with your own head blocking the Sun and can see atmospheric phenomena such as "Sun dogs" which are rings around the sun depending on what is going on in the atmosphere at the time. The roadster is also great for watching metor showers with it's heated seats etc. Just proves how useful a Crossfire is for astronomy as well as wildlife observing

cheers,

Paul

Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you all had a great time. Wish I could have taken mine across the water and joined in.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:03 PM

Last year we had a badger family living in the rear garden. One evening the security lights came on around 12.30am and glancing out i saw a family of badgers one large and four small running in and out of the bushes. I woke Jane and for quite a while we wittnessed them playing tag, the garden lights did not bother them..we also have a friendly fox that sun's himself close to the house ( see gallery).

Cheers
Ken.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beeblebrox
Cool ! I didn't know that even Badgers were Crossfire fans I also achieved something I had been after for a year or so, at Chatsworth I bought a big shiny ball which I can polish. This isn't some strange fetish, I have been after one to use for looking at certain phenomena of the Sun. The victorians used to do this. You look into a reflection with your own head blocking the Sun and can see atmospheric phenomena such as "Sun dogs" which are rings around the sun depending on what is going on in the atmosphere at the time. The roadster is also great for watching metor showers with it's heated seats etc. Just proves how useful a Crossfire is for astronomy as well as wildlife observing

cheers,

Paul
I saw those big shiny ***** too, and I thought about getting one for panoramic photography. They seemed a bit too uneven for that.