U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Angel Eyes Build/Fitting

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Angel Eyes Build/Fitting

After seeing this, I wondered where else on the car you could put lights. I initially thought that you could back light the strakes somehow. Then I thought that you could make it look like there were flames inside the vents using coloured LEDs and some randomising circuitry.

I looked today, and noticed that the plastic mounting behind the strakes is solid, so without cutting holes this isn’t a simple job.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:26 AM
Forum Regular

HI All

Close to finish build now , Lights are in & wired up to the side lights only , Just need to have a relay wired into the headlights , So the set up will be Daytime the outer ring will be on , turn on side lights & the inner ring will light up , put headlights on & the outer ring will turn off , looks i can take the side light bulb out if needed without a dash light coming on .

With the added chrome grille (cheers Ken-uk) i think the look is complete .

Cheers

Andy

P.s. must do something with the number plate it looks too big to the plinth

Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM

Wow they look cool, great idea Andy...

Last edited by Doctor_D; 06-05-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update on my retrofit using 6000k ccfl

Old 06-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Faiz23

Them ring just look like the ones i have fitted but in white , I did think about white but there did not have them in stock at the time so when with the blue , Are you pleased with look ?? , Are you going to change the back plate colour or keep it standard , I would like to thank you for all the information you give me at the start of this project , It was a great help .

Cheers

Andy

Old 06-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZeroZero
Hi Faiz23

Them ring just look like the ones i have fitted but in white , I did think about white but there did not have them in stock at the time so when with the blue , Are you pleased with look ?? , Are you going to change the back plate colour or keep it standard , I would like to thank you for all the information you give me at the start of this project , It was a great help .

Cheers

Andy
Thank you for your assistance it was great timing that both our projects went on at the same time and the results came out very nice. Crossfire is a tough car like my old acura very rare and hard to get parts for. Retrofitting has been expensive but the end result will be well worth it. The funny thing is i get tired quick and mind end up selling the whole setup and starting with a whole new setup. I would be some what intrested in producing these to resell as a vendor and pay the fees if anyone cared. If not i am more than glad to point you in the direction to do it your self.

The angel eyes were kinda forced on me in the size that we need the only color they had in a CCFL was 6000k so they would be white with a hint of blue. I like that as i plan to run 4300-5000k bulbs. That will set it of nicely. I am not sure what you mean by back plate if you mean shroud then there is a chance i might change it but not sure. Shrouds can be expensive up to $150 for some of the dmw e46 shrouds. You can make homemade ones for 20 bucks. crossfire shrouds are good shrouds and people use them alot since cost effective and good size.

i believe in function over form and would rather have a second set of projectors than have a shroud. I will keep the board updated.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Fraz23
Not sure about the number of units you could sell , seem to be a very limited market , The back plate as i call it (see picture)

I got body colour now , but not sure about it ,could go with black next time . how your rings fixed to the chrome parts ,

Cheers

Andy

Last edited by ZeroZero; 12-21-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:49 AM

Very nice!!! mean looking...!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:10 AM

U2 have perhaps started a new extra for the Crossfire's...Looking forward to seeing the finish job, should look great at night.

Andy..How are you ding with the retactable roof for the Coupe!!!!

I have always fancy have a real roof conversion on the xfire A dark glass section continuing from the rear boot glass, running to the front screen with across and side sections left for rigidity..Maybe it could be retractable and slide back....I will keep dreaming..but if I had the dosh, I would go for it.

Remember the early TR's with the removable centre section in the roof... maybe easier to constract than the above class idea.

Is there a really skilled coach builder among us! that could perform the above? Jon, The Bodyman springs to mind?

UKKen. The Crossfire Dreamer..

Old 06-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Ken-uk
I think you need to step up to a SLK55 AMG or SL55AMG , If only the Xfire was based on one of these models , V8 5.5 /SC & the roof comes off .

See at the next SLK/SL meet .

Cheers

Andy

ps. Cheers for the parcel but could you tell me where i should stick it

Old 06-14-2009, 04:10 AM

Love the look of these lights. Do you fancy doing mine for me...? LOL

Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular

Hi All
OK this should be the last post for the Angel Eye build , Had the wiring finished today ,A great lad for work sortted it all out for me , So now i have the outer rings on all the time so soon as i start the car , the inner rings come on with the side lights ( all 4 rings light ) , then when i put the headlamps on the outer ring go off (inner rings stay on ) .

Cheers

Andy

Old 06-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Forum Regular

Hi all
Picture for the above post D'oh

As the little lady says "My work here is done "

Cheers

Andy

Old 07-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

very nice work!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Also what did you use to glue the lens back on?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Jimmy

I picked up some 2 pack glue for plastic it drys clear ,but the glue line is under the rubber surround so you can it see it anyway .

Cheers

Andy

Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ZeroZero,

They look great, fabulous job. Do the cops over there give you any heat for having blue lights in the front of the car? HIDs are one thing, but if I had a blue LED surround on my lights here where I live, I would be pulled over in a week for 'impersonating law enforcement'....

Old 07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Forum Regular

Hi BoilerupXfire

I do'nt want to type this reply , But so far they have not pulled me over , I was hoping the blue was not as strong & would be a bit more white with a hint of blue , not sure if its the background colour being Red , Give the rings abit more colour , But all good so far .

Cheers & Thanks

Andy

Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Absolutley beautiful. I love the look of the angel eyes on our cars. I think it will do much to increase the uniqueness that sets us apart from the others.

Being a girl and not having access to all the tools and goodies that most of you men have, has anyone found these from a company that are pre-made for our car yet? I could probably install them on my own if they were prefabricated.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Forum Regular

Hi LadyMills

Yeah i like the finished look with the Xfire , These are a selfbuild project , I do not know of any company selling the finished Headlamps with Angel eyes fitted , your best bet is to find a company & show them this thread & see what they say , Your free to use any information I have posted .

Cheers

Andy

Quick Reply: Angel Eyes Build/Fitting