U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Two in one day

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two in one day

Bank Holiday Monday morning was ear marked for washing the cars, but as we were out of the usual grit and sandpaper to do the job justice, we went over the Halfords. Found some liquid claybar too.

Anyway, came back to my car, and lo and behold - there was another parked right next to it! Someone with a Crossfire had seen mine and kept it company. No pictures, I am afraid, as it was just me, Amanda and money. If I had my iPhone with me, it would have been on Twitter faster than you could say FIAT.

In the afternoon, we were off to a friend’s, and there was another coming the other way. Now, at this point I will remind you folk that I was once a rabid Morris Minor driver, and when you met another Minor on the roads, you waved, flashed lights or whatever. I do this the Crossfires I come across, and so far not one of the miserable bastards* has acknowledged.

I will continue my campaign of cheery Crossfire driving.

Anyway, I thought that outside of our gatherings, seeing one is not bad, but two is pretty good going.

*Not you, obviously. I expect you’d play fast and loose with the light flashing lever.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Default Re: Two in one day

Paul..Maybe you should have used the Crossfire wave!!

UKKen

Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by UK ken
Paul..Maybe you should have used the Crossfire wave!!

UKKen

I tried the friendly Crossfire wave Ken - all I got in return was a 2 finger salute from the lady driver (and she did'nt mean Victory either)

Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hairydalek
Bank Holiday Monday morning was ear marked for washing the cars, but as we were out of the usual grit and sandpaper to do the job justice, we went over the Halfords. Found some liquid claybar too.

Anyway, came back to my car, and lo and behold - there was another parked right next to it! Someone with a Crossfire had seen mine and kept it company. No pictures, I am afraid, as it was just me, Amanda and money. If I had my iPhone with me, it would have been on Twitter faster than you could say FIAT.

In the afternoon, we were off to a friend’s, and there was another coming the other way. Now, at this point I will remind you folk that I was once a rabid Morris Minor driver, and when you met another Minor on the roads, you waved, flashed lights or whatever. I do this the Crossfires I come across, and so far not one of the miserable bastards* has acknowledged.

I will continue my campaign of cheery Crossfire driving.

Anyway, I thought that outside of our gatherings, seeing one is not bad, but two is pretty good going.

*Not you, obviously. I expect you’d play fast and loose with the light flashing lever.
Ive owned my Crossfire for 2 years now, and only once had another xfire driver given me a brief nod - but then I have a friend with a Rolls Royce and he says that other RR drivers also never acknowledge each other. (Hmm, not sure if thats re assuring of even more worrying)

Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Forum Regular

Mind you, the speed at which the cars pass each other, you’d be lucky to see anything for the blur.

I was hoping to find the Crossfire driver at Halfords. Obviously felt the need to park next to mine, so may have been up for a friendly “hello”.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:20 PM

Paul
Another reason a crossfire info card would have been useful..food for thought perhaps!

Ken

Old 05-08-2009, 01:28 AM
Forum Regular

Recently I have started meeting a Crossfire going the opposite way as I approach home and recognised it as being driven by the headteacher of the local primary school where my daughters went to and I was a governer there. We now exchange a cheery wave and I think he has recognised who I am. Hopefuly one day we will be in slow traffic and will be able to say Hi !

Old 05-08-2009, 03:48 AM

To be honest, if someone gave me a wave from a crossfire i would think they were weird!

unless it was one of you lot who i had already met!

Unless you drive something really old or quirky i dont think a wave is justified.

Most bikers nod at each other, thats done because both bikers recognise the risk we take in biking, as soon as you take your helmets off you done even pass the time of day with them !

So unless you drive a TR4 or an e-type, something where you have sweated blood to keep on the road i dont think a wave will ever be used in crossfires, until they are over 20 years old or something,...

just my 10 p worth

Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 AM

Ian..Each to their own..I think a a wave is a bit of informal fun, an acknowledging that you are both driving a none run of the mill car.

Ken..inventor of the Crossfire wave!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a wave is justified as you hardly ever seen another Crossfire on the road.
I actually seen a black SRT6 roadster yesterday which is the first one I have ever seen unfortunately I was in the works van so it would have been pointless waving.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Forum Regular

Hi All

Well we were out & about in the Xfire last Sunday & passed two other Xfires (not together) , Flashed my lights & waved & got back nice smiles & waves . All good

Cheers

Andy