U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Going to look at a Crossfire tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to look at a Crossfire tomorrow

As the title says but I have no intension of buying it. Never buy the first one you see etc.
1 owner, 30K miles, RHD, standard coupe - but no history! Allegedly it has been serviced but no book stamps or receipts. I am going to have a look anyway as I have never driven one and want to see how comfortable they are. I will do the usual checks on tyres, wheels, heated seats etc. Will be good to see how they perform.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Default Re: Going to look at a Crossfire tomorrow

We must have checked out around 20 before we found the one that we were happy with. It took us 3 months plus, but we got exactly what we were looking for. Good luck in your search and I am sure you will like the ride.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re: Going to look at a Crossfire tomorrow

I look at one every day and haven't regretted it

Old 12-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We bought the first one we looked at but knew what we were looking for...just got lucky I guess.

Good luck on your hunt!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Forum Regular

I looked a 3 or 4 plus was liasing on another 2 or 3 when I found my one... as soon as I drove it I knew this was going to be my new ride

Old 12-18-2009, 12:21 PM

I bought the second one I looked at as it was very well priced with low mileage and the colour I wanted.

The first one I looked at appeared knackered and poorly maintained so didn't bother test driving it just in case it put me off the Crossfire. I went with my instinct and walked away.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:25 AM

Had a look at the car in question and it did have full service history, but the last one was 11000 miles ago so it would be due one.
Everything worked as it should, both seats got hot quickly, air con was nice and cold, no sign of rust under the doors or the tailgate.

However - there were about 7 stonechip marks down the drivers side, the front left wheel would need to be refurbished, slight scratch on the leather and a tiny piece of rubber was loose on the drivers sill.

But it drove nice, quicker than I thought it would be, Spoiler came up in a few seconds , steering wheel seemed massive and my hair but not head was touching the roof lining (I am about 6ft1). Mrs Steed was comfy in it too. I think I am sold on one just not this one, the one I buy will HAVE to be spot on.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Steed
Had a look at the car in question and it did have full service history, but the last one was 11000 miles ago so it would be due one.
Everything worked as it should, both seats got hot quickly, air con was nice and cold, no sign of rust under the doors or the tailgate.

However - there were about 7 stonechip marks down the drivers side, the front left wheel would need to be refurbished, slight scratch on the leather and a tiny piece of rubber was loose on the drivers sill.

But it drove nice, quicker than I thought it would be, Spoiler came up in a few seconds , steering wheel seemed massive and my hair but not head was touching the roof lining (I am about 6ft1). Mrs Steed was comfy in it too. I think I am sold on one just not this one, the one I buy will HAVE to be spot on.
Once you find the right one you'll know. Buy with your head and not with your heart.

Good luck with the search, I absolutely love mine and have never looked back. It doesn't like snow though, my residential carpark is 2-3 inches thick of snow and I couldn't get it out. Saved me going into to town Christmas shopping though.