U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Hi all! Prospective Crossfire owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hi all! Prospective Crossfire owner

Well...

went down on the train from Lincs to the outskirts of London yesterday to pick up a beautiful black Crossfire coupe. She's on an 06 plate with only 33,800 on the clock and in immaculate condition. It was a very enjoyable drive back even though at times through heavy wind and rain. Love this car already!!

Pics to follow once she's had a wash and the light is better.

I'd like to thank all who helped in my quest to find a good car but a special mention in dispatches goes to Mo (11Feb) who went out of his way to check the car out for me and secure it at a fantastic price.

Cheers,

Pete.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Dal

Originally Posted by Uk Pete
Well...

went down on the train from Lincs to the outskirts of London yesterday to pick up a beautiful black Crossfire coupe. She's on an 06 plate with only 33,800 on the clock and in immaculate condition. It was a very enjoyable drive back even though at times through heavy wind and rain. Love this car already!!

I'd like to thank all who helped in my quest to find a good car but a special mention in dispatches goes to Mo (11Feb) who went out of his way to check the car out for me and secure it at a fantastic price.

Cheers,

Pete.
Congratulations Pete and well done to Mo

Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good stuff ...he`s a very nice man that Mo...

Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Forum Regular

a very very nice man lol.

more than happy to help Pete enjoy!!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM

He He This car is addictive! My petrol bills are going to be horrendous. Love the music that this engine plays .

Spent an hour today removing all the crud from the 'ledge' under the rear wheel arches. It was well packed in so glad to get it cleaned out. Can anyone suggest a product to help prevent corrosion in these sort of areas?

So much car for the money...chuffed to bits . Wondered what the electrical whining noise was coming fom the rear end, then it clicked...spoiler going up and down!

Also, I need one of the rear light cluster inspection covers which for some odd reason is missing. Phoned ACD and they want £25+vat which seems a little steep to me. Any other alternatives?

Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM

Pete, I have been following your quest to find the right Crossfire. Congrats to you and all that helped along the way. These are special cars indeed. Enjoy!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular

He He This car is addictive! My petrol bills are going to be horrendous. Love the music that this engine plays .

Spent an hour today removing all the crud from the 'ledge' under the rear wheel arches. It was well packed in so glad to get it cleaned out. Can anyone suggest a product to help prevent corrosion in these sort of areas?

So much car for the money...chuffed to bits . Wondered what the electrical whining noise was coming fom the rear end, then it clicked...spoiler going up and down!

Also, I need one of the rear light cluster inspection covers which for some odd reason is missing. Phoned ACD and they want £25+vat which seems a little steep to me. Any other alternatives?

ACD is probably your best bet Pete!, they are not cheap but they do have most parts. Keep a eye on ebay for someone breaking one, they do come up quite often

Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Dal

Originally Posted by Bigkid
These are special cars indeed. Enjoy!
Hi I've just been reading through the spec of your SRT in your signature and browsing your album pictures (please add more) and all I can say is WOW!

What would you say your best bang for your buck investment was (is)?

Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Pete, I have been following your quest to find the right Crossfire. Congrats to you and all that helped along the way. These are special cars indeed. Enjoy!
Thanks Bigkid .

Less than a week of ownership and I'm totally hooked on the Crossfire.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by 11 FEB
ACD is probably your best bet Pete!, they are not cheap but they do have most parts. Keep a eye on ebay for someone breaking one, they do come up quite often
Thanks Mo, I'll bite the bullet.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 AM

Thanks Mo, I'll bite the bullet.
Mo's correct..but the cover can wait, it won't show and only you know its missing. As already mentioned, wait a while and check ebay (each day) for xfire breakers, there often listed, and I'm sure the cost will be around a £5 note at the most + postage...

UKKen.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by UK ken
Mo's correct..but the cover can wait, it won't show and only you know its missing. As already mentioned, wait a while and check ebay (each day) for xfire breakers, there often listed, and I'm sure the cost will be around a £5 note at the most + postage...

UKKen.
You're absolutely right, it's only me that the missing cover 'niggles'. Strange item to go missing really. I thought it may have dropped down inside but only managed to recover an unopened plastic bottle of tomato ketchup dated 2011! .

Last edited by Uk Pete; 01-31-2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 AM

You're absolutely right, it's only me that the missing cover 'niggles'. Strange item to go missing really. I though it may have dropped down inside but only managed to recover an unopened plastic bottle of tomato ketchup dated 2011! .

Pete ..Check again you may locate A Big Mac to go with it!LOL

UKKen

Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dal
Hi I've just been reading through the spec of your SRT in your signature and browsing your album pictures (please add more) and all I can say is WOW!

What would you say your best bang for your buck investment was (is)?
That is a good question Dal, and hard to answer as the components all work in concert. I think the Needswings cold air intake is what I would choose. It is a proven power booster for a stock SRT engine and really brings out the sound of the supercharger.

The paddle shifters are the most fun and very useful in the twisties to control the weight and balance of the car going into turns and to get a quick up shift or short shift when needed.

The brimbo brakes are awsome. You can carry momentum deep in the braking zone of a turn with these. The brake dust is awful however.

The best suprise with owning this car has been the great people I have met and the good friendships developed with other owners. What a bonus.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM

Well...

Cheers,

Pete.

Pete, well done and welcome to the world of Crossfires - Im in Newark so give me a shout if your over this way< Cheers Steve

Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
Pete, well done and welcome to the world of Crossfires - Im in Newark so give me a shout if your over this way< Cheers Steve
Thanks Steve and will do. I hope to make a couple of the meets this year at least.

Cheers.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 AM

upload foto

Here she is ladies and gents. Gave her a quick wash today whilst the sun was out but looked like rain again by the time I had finished!

I think I'll probably get 2 of the wheels refurbed. Two of the CHRYSLER letters on the back have broken and I'll try to get replacements. Other than a few small stone chips and marks that will polish out she's in lovely condition. Oil service is next on the agenda.

upload foto

Love the 'BIG BUM' on these cars

upload

upload photos

photo sharing websites

upload

upload

photo hosting sites

Last edited by Uk Pete; 02-07-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 AM

Looking very smart there Pete - looks like your now hooked, well and truely!!!!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Forum Regular

What letters do you need Pete? I have a set minus the C.

Just zoomed in on your photo, see its the "Chrysler" that has broken letters! I have the "*rossfire" letters.

Last edited by 11 FEB; 02-07-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Forum Regular

very nice and you`ve got the hard to find luggage cover.....

Quick Reply: Hi all! Prospective Crossfire owner