U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Finally found the One!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally found the One!

Hi all,

Thanks for the help on my qestions, and a special thanks to Steve who after pm'ing me then got bombarded with questions!!! Sorry.

Anyway i wanted a roadster SRT, and I ended up with a coupe NA with a manuel gearbox!! Anyway take a look its only done 15K,

Appologies for the pics, i only snow foamed it, then took pics into sun!!

cheers Kev.

Name:  DSC04702-1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  DSC04699.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  126.6 KB

Name:  DSC04698.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  119.2 KB

Name:  DSC04703.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  114.8 KB

Name:  DSC04704.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  117.4 KB

Old 03-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Finally found the One!

Very Very nice................. Enjoy

Old 03-30-2013, 04:24 PM

Very very nice! (I have the same Beauty) .....but that Chrysler Emblem under the taillight has to go!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM

Wow, well done, a fantastic car with very low miles, which Im sure you'll enjoy, who needs an SRT when you have a car like that< Keep it for ever!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:35 PM

Superb - so glad you've found such a beauty! - wish my SRT was this colour - definitely the best (next to black...!)
Now the burning question, how much? - obviously don't expect you to answer that - but it would be interesting 'cos really low mileage cars are getting so much rarer these days.
Did you have to travel far to find it or did it turn up locally? I don't recall seeing it on ebay or Autotrader.
Enjoy!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by orlando2128
Very very nice! (I have the same Beauty) .....but that Chrysler Emblem under the taillight has to go!
Am I missing something here? - and I've noticed this before - what is it with this need to hide the XF's brand? I know it's all personal preference but do the folks who de-badge have something against the Chrysler name? OK, they don't have the greatest reputation - for sports cars anyway - and we all know where the parts came from and who actually built them but - if it wasn't for Chrysler, these cars simply wouldn't exist - surely that's something to celebrate, rather than be ashamed of?
Just askin'...!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by crosscats
Am I missing something here? - and I've noticed this before - what is it with this need to hide the XF's brand? I know it's all personal preference but do the folks who de-badge have something against the Chrysler name? OK, they don't have the greatest reputation - for sports cars anyway - and we all know where the parts came from and who actually built them but - if it wasn't for Chrysler, these cars simply wouldn't exist - surely that's something to celebrate, rather than be ashamed of?
Just askin'...!
Yes I agree, I dont understand this - is it to try and create an air of mystique around the car so folks will come and ask what it is? Its a Chrysler - be proud!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by crosscats
Just askin'...!

No no, don't get me wrong, I LOVE CHRYLSER for making our wonderful cars!! It just makes it look more sleek you know. I'm not saying debadge the crossfire letter(which I have) I'm just saying it will look better without the random placement of the Chrysler Emblem under the taillight. You guys don't think it looks out of place in that spot??

Old 03-30-2013, 05:21 PM

I thought i got it for a very good price, and if you had looked on ebay then you would have definatly seen it. The dealer had it up for 6999, i got it for 6850, i dont mind telling people what i paid. It wasn't too far for me, a couple hours drive, but probably not easy for others to get to which was lucky for me.

cheers for all the nice commets.

As for the badge thing, I am a massive badge snob, i would never buy a skoda because of this despite many of my friends owning excellent VRs's and they are nice, the Chrysler for me was similar until i drove the first one, then all that went away!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM

I like the badge there. i think its a nice looking emblem

Old 03-30-2013, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Wallbrik
I thought i got it for a very good price, and if you had looked on ebay then you would have definatly seen it. The dealer had it up for 6999, i got it for 6850, i dont mind telling people what i paid. It wasn't too far for me, a couple hours drive, but probably not easy for others to get to which was lucky for me.

cheers for all the nice commets.

As for the badge thing, I am a massive badge snob, i would never buy a skoda because of this despite many of my friends owning excellent VRs's and they are nice, the Chrysler for me was similar until i drove the first one, then all that went away!!!
Ah, then that's probably what the de-badging thing is mainly about - a complex mix of peer pressure, misplaced embarrassment and, as Steve says, creating a mystique - each to his own!
Glad you like the emblem - once you understand the Crossfire, you can take the moral high ground and look with pity on the ignorant and misguided.
I found the listing for your car - in Merthyr - nicely tucked away (and disguised with a personal plate) just waiting for you! For such a nice late low mileage example, I reckon that's a pretty fair price.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by orlando2128
No no, don't get me wrong, I LOVE CHRYLSER for making our wonderful cars!! It just makes it look more sleek you know. I'm not saying debadge the crossfire letter(which I have) I'm just saying it will look better without the random placement of the Chrysler Emblem under the taillight. You guys don't think it looks out of place in that spot??
Sure - like I said, it's just personal preference and de-badging can look cool but I do get the feeling some folks want to make more of the MB/Karmann/AMG side of things - which is fine - but why forsake Chrysler while you're at it?!
Actually, you have a point about the placing of the lettering (only on late cars) - might be better if it was balanced with something on the other side. Late SRTs didn't have a rear emblem so I bought a spare badge for my 2006 which might look good under the R/H light - it's longer than the previous 'upright' style SRT6 badge, so might be a little too big in the usual place under the right side of the CROSSFIRE letters...
Anyway, mine's a Chrysler and proud of it!

Old 03-31-2013, 04:40 AM

Hi,
Well done in finding a great low mileage car, its nice to know that they are still out there and fetching a good price.
So when can we see it? On Sunday 14th April you have a choice of meeting some of us at Stondon Motor Museum or joining the Southern XF group for their Sunday lunch meet in Kent. I'm sure that you will be welcome at either venue. It's just a shame that the dates have clashed due to the weather.
Look forward to meeting you and seeing the car,
Colin.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:02 AM
Forum Regular

Nice one Kev. Me thinks the miles might increase a bit this weekend.

Jon

Old 04-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Not had chance to do too many miles this weekend, as we have been away, but it will get some miles next weekend.

Dont think i will be making any of those meets, along way from me.

cheers Kev.