U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

electric seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric seats

crossfire teething problems ?? , just about to go for a nice day trip and both front electric seat adjustment switches are dead (drivers and passengers) , checked the fuses 21 and 22 they are ok and no corrosion around the terminalsl or fusebox , presumably theres a relaysomwehere , any ideas where this might be located

Old 06-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Default Re: electric seats

I've had the same problem recently. Mine are intermittent in that they'll work one day and not the next. Checked for loose connections but no joy. Not sure what to do next as you can guarantee if I take it to be looked at they'll work fine.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by kinkladze
crossfire teething problems ?? , just about to go for a nice day trip and both front electric seat adjustment switches are dead (drivers and passengers) , checked the fuses 21 and 22 they are ok and no corrosion around the terminalsl or fusebox , presumably theres a relaysomwehere , any ideas where this might be located
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...eat-relay.html

Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Uk Pete
I've had the same problem recently. Mine are intermittent in that they'll work one day and not the next. Checked for loose connections but no joy. Not sure what to do next as you can guarantee if I take it to be looked at they'll work fine.

looked on the main crossfire forum and thanks to a post on this problem , i found the power seat relay under the steering column , removed the culprit , and opened up the relay,and a diode is looking decidedly unhealthy i soldered the item as a temporary fix and refitted the relay into the harness , and hey presto power seats !! I have ordered a replacement relay mercedes depart number 002 542 2219 ,

Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 AM

thanks for the help , it was a faulty relay , ive made a temporary repair with my trusty soldering iron , but have ordered a replacement relay as a precaution , nice to be part of such a helpful forum

Old 06-14-2013, 01:36 PM

looked on the main crossfire forum and thanks to a post on this problem , i found the power seat relay under the steering column , removed the culprit , and opened up the relay,and a diode is looking decidedly unhealthy i soldered the item as a temporary fix and refitted the relay into the harness , and hey presto power seats !! I have ordered a replacement relay mercedes depart number 002 542 2219 ,
Hi Kinkladze,

I was going to try and repair the relay my self but I'm having trouble finding the SM 4007 diodes here in the UK. Looks like a replacement relay for me also. Did you order yours from a MB dealer?

Thanks,

Pete.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:51 PM

The SM4007 is a surface mount diode that I think is now obsolete you could always use an IN4007 - axial lead version (same electrical spec 1A 1000V) and carefully bend leads so as to mount in place

Old 06-15-2013, 03:14 AM

^^^

Many thanks gents.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 PM

Before you replace diodes you might want to try and establish why they failed in the first place

Old 06-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Hi Kinkladze,

I was going to try and repair the relay my self but I'm having trouble finding the SM 4007 diodes here in the UK. Looks like a replacement relay for me also. Did you order yours from a MB dealer?

Thanks,

Pete.
sorry forthe delay , been to sunny scarborough in the xf , great extended weekend and averaged 28mpg !!!! i bought the relay from eurocarparts just quote the mercedes part number 0025 542 2219 ,i collected next day for £13.50 MB quoted £33 , and its the same siemens relay , not had a problem since fitting the new relay , fingers crossed

Old 06-22-2013, 08:24 AM

sorry forthe delay , been to sunny scarborough in the xf , great extended weekend and averaged 28mpg !!!! i bought the relay from eurocarparts just quote the mercedes part number 0025 542 2219 ,i collected next day for £13.50 MB quoted £33 , and its the same siemens relay , not had a problem since fitting the new relay , fingers crossed
Thanks for the info.

I got hold of the diodes and will look at the job soon. If it's too fiddly I'll just order the relay. How much of a pain is it getting at the relay ie removal/replacement of panels etc?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the info.

I got hold of the diodes and will look at the job soon. If it's too fiddly I'll just order the relay. How much of a pain is it getting at the relay ie removal/replacement of panels etc?
relatively easy job , about half a dozen philips screws retain the lower dash panel and lower steering shroud ,when removed drop down the lower half of the dash on the drivers side about six inches and you can see the black colour relay The most fiddly part was refitting the air vent and light switch into the lower dash , a few choice swear words were required , but eventually it went back together.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 AM

relatively easy job , about half a dozen philips screws retain the lower dash panel and lower steering shroud ,when removed drop down the lower half of the dash on the drivers side about six inches and you can see the black colour relay The most fiddly part was refitting the air vent and light switch into the lower dash , a few choice swear words were required , but eventually it went back together.
Thanks Kinkladze, much appreciated.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:17 PM

Thanks to both Kinkladze and onehundred80 for your help with this. Sorry that things got a little heated between you.

I've spent most of today trying to repair the relay and have given up in frustration without any joy and now need to source the same part as you did Kinkladze.

I spent a very frustrating 35 minutes on the phone to EuroCarParts today and after telling the lady it was a seat relay/MB part no. 0025 542 2219 she disappeared for some time only to tell me that they have no record of any such part number. She said if I knew the EuroCarParts number that would make things easier!

I've been unable to find out much more regarding getting hold of this part and the local MB dealer would be a last resort.

Anyway to cut a long story short I've had a crap day with it. I need to get this sorted out now as I have an MOT coming up next week (left it too late as usual due to work commitments).

Kinkladze can I ask if you can help me any further with getting hold of this part? If you still have the receipt maybe it has the number on it that EuroCarParts are referring to.

I will try them again tomorrow morning anyway but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:30 PM

Hi all,

I eventually had to source the seat relay from MB which was around £24. Installed it and all is well.

For anyone thinking about this job it is not too much hassle to actually drop the panel underneath the steering column and replace the relay. It took me around 15-20 minutes without too much cursing .

If you want to try and actually repair the relay its self then you'd need to source the diodes, have a very good small soldering iron, good eyesight and a steady hand are also required. I gave up on the repair and forked out the £24.

Just a mention of my experience with ACD Lancashire. I've contacted them twice now regarding fairly inexpensive parts for my xfire and twice they've messed me about. I'm sure some have had a good service but it seems to me that their quality of service is determined by how much profit they will make from a particular transaction. I personally won't attempt to use them again.

Enjoy the weather whilst it lasts,

cheers,

Pete.

Last edited by Uk Pete; 07-14-2013 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:18 PM

Hello, a while back ; there was a gentleman who actually had a video of how to remove lower Dash panel of crossfire so to replace power seat relay. This gentleman actually knew what he was doing ; and his info was very informative. Does anyone know where the link to this video can be found?. Video's are always better than 10,000 different comments . Thanks. "Help".