U.K. Serving all countries of the United Kingdom.

Looking to buy a Crossfire.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 05:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a Crossfire.

Hi everyone,
I am new on this site and have been looking for a crossfire for a few months now. I have read on here about a few tips on what to look for when looking at purchasing a crossfire and this will help a lot.
Ideally I am looking for a manual coupe, but I am also swayed towards a roadster as well, but the British weather puts me off, in any colour really, except red as I live in Newcastle and this wouldn't go down well with the son who is a Geordie fan 100%, I am a chocolate Geordie turn coat Yorkie! from Hull originally but went foreign and married a Geordie....anyway enough about that.
So yes I have a budget of £6000 and I always seem to go for low mileage cars to reduce the risk of any failures and wear and tear. I know a FSH would help a average high mileage one but still prefer low mileage if possible.
I have seen a roadster on auto trader hopeful to get the price down to my budget: Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6 2dr
Any advice on this sale would be much appreciated.
Also if anyone knows of any other low mileage ones please advise.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Swampy.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking to buy a Crossfire.

hi swampyrn...you have a good budget so should be able to pick up a nice fairly low milage car, if they have been serviced regularly they are pretty bomb proof, you say you want a manual, try both manual and auto before you spend your money as the manual box can be a bit notchy at times and takes some getting used to, the auto also actually gives slightly better mpg, best of luck with your search...by the way gooner here was at wembley to see us beat your hometown team...(after a right scare though, did themselves proud...)

Old 05-19-2014, 04:30 PM

Good day to you sir,
Thanks for the reply. The one I was going to go and see has gone but I have seen another at Wisbech. I am back home Thursday so will start viewing then.
Hull started well so that was a blessing otherwise it may have been more. Getting tired towards the end and there was few iffy pens that we got away with.
Still their in Europe so that's good news and still in the premier league.
Thanks again and i will keep you posted how I get on then start visiting some of your shows,
Thanks again.
Swampy.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have drove the auto and manual and I would do manual hands down but it also depends on is it a weekender or D.D. if you sit in traffic a lot you might look at the auto. But for weather or winter I would do manual. I put a lot of miles on interstate with my 6spd. Good milage, if the auto gets better milage (which I have my doubts) it would be the only vehicle ever made that the auto gets better mpg than a manual(depending on rear end and trans gear ratios). GL with your search. I love mine just wish there was more options we could do to upgrade. Keep us updatef

Old 05-20-2014, 02:49 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
I have drove the auto and manual and I would do manual hands down but it also depends on is it a weekender or D.D. if you sit in traffic a lot you might look at the auto. But for weather or winter I would do manual. I put a lot of miles on interstate with my 6spd. Good milage, if the auto gets better milage (which I have my doubts) it would be the only vehicle ever made that the auto gets better mpg than a manual(depending on rear end and trans gear ratios). GL with your search. I love mine just wish there was more options we could do to upgrade. Keep us updatef

2004 Chrysler Crossfire
Luxury vehicle
Engine size: 3.2L
Body style: Coupe
MPG: Up to 21 city, 28 highway
Horsepower: 215 HP
Other model years: 2005, 2006
Configurations
MPG (city / hwy)
Base Manual
17 / 25
Base Automatic
21 / 28

Old 05-22-2014, 09:07 PM

If you decide to go auto, why not go the whole hog:

CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE 3.2 V6 SRT-6 2DR AUTO Coupe for sale in Hartlepool | Auto Trader

You're lucky - with a little haggling, your budget could just get you into SRT-6 territory - nice!

Old 05-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by xfchris

2004 Chrysler Crossfire
Luxury vehicle
Engine size: 3.2L
Body style: Coupe
MPG: Up to 21 city, 28 highway
Horsepower: 215 HP
Other model years: 2005, 2006
Configurations
MPG (city / hwy)
Base Manual
17 / 25
Base Automatic
21 / 28
75-80mph I get around 28 mpg and 2lane roads around 60 mph around 30 mph. Wish I had a 2.84 rearend

Old 05-28-2014, 05:15 PM

Hi

I got home last week and went to Peterborough to look at a crossfire. I bought it and brought it back upto the North east. It's a Sapphire blue with 17830 miles on the clock 53 reg.
It's an auto and I am very pleased with it so far. It even has the documentation pack that new owners received back in the day in a metal presentation tin.
I will try and keep the mileage down but I find it hard to keep out of it. Just been to Aberdeen in it for a company medical so it got a good run out...

Old 05-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Swampyrn
Hi

I got home last week and went to Peterborough to look at a crossfire. I bought it and brought it back upto the North east. It's a Sapphire blue with 17830 miles on the clock 53 reg.
It's an auto and I am very pleased with it so far. It even has the documentation pack that new owners received back in the day in a metal presentation tin.
I will try and keep the mileage down but I find it hard to keep out of it. Just been to Aberdeen in it for a company medical so it got a good run out...
Glad you're sorted - not many left with such low mileage - nice find!
If you fancy a run out towards the west - Carlisle/Borders - let us know - and don't forget to post up some pics...

Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 AM
Forum Regular

well done mate..great low mileage, enjoy the car....chris