West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Avondale Chrysler

Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avondale Chrysler

Yesterday I took my 2005 blaze red crossfire to Avondale chrysler. It needed an oil change, the tires balanced and the alarm wasn't working.The service rep was very nice the building was clean, free coffee and bagels helped me get through the two hour wait. The service rep called me into his office and went through the bill. He didn't realize that I had and extended contract that covered oil changes ($101) and he had to make phone calls and do alot of typing to get the bill correct. He informed me that the problem with the alarm was in the key. I am a locksmith and I knew this wasn't correct. But he insisted on ordering a new key. Fine I wanted a 3rd spare anyway. The only cost to me was for the tire balance. The bill was a whopping $51 for a tire balance!!! I groused a little bit but paid the tab.

If you were wondering where this is going. Here it is...

When I arrived home I decided to test the alarm with the other key. As i thought, the alarm still did not work. then I started to look closely at he car. I spent two hours of my life in the service center, the alarm wasn't fixed and I paid $51.00 for a balance and the tire were not balanced, now I have my doubts if the oil was changed. I am going back to the service center today and see if they can restore my lost faith.

Has any one else had similar problems at their service center?

Last edited by 2fast4u; 09-28-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Default Re: Avondale Chrysler

I feel your pain as far as Avondale Chrysler is concerned. I took my car in for minor warranty repairs a year ago because it was close to work. When I returned to pick it up, all the trim parts had to be ordered but they supposedly fix my sticking ignition switch. Looked the car over for any damage and low and behold found some pretty bad scratches on the door sill that were visible with the door closed. Gave me a sic feeling in the pit of my stomach. I went ahead and let it go figuring everyone makes a mistake every now and then and figured the dealer would just deny it anyways.

Returned the car a few weeks later because rest of parts arrived. But this time I took the time to tape up the door sills on both sides with 2 layers of tape. Picked the car up all trim items looked except new center console did not arrive. Looked car over again. You would think that with tape all over the door sills would set an alarm off in the head of what ever jerk worked on my car, to be careful. Oh no they still scratched the s#^(t out of my door sills through both layers of tape. Well after screaming and yelling they gave me no problems, I was ready to kill. Needless to say after they said they would repair it, which is another story in itself. I told them I would have it repaired correctly by someone else and at my own cost. I also told them to send my console back because I would never use them again even if it was to change the oil in my lawn mower.

Stay away is all I have to say. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:36 PM

Just to add fuel to the fire. About a month after my ignition switch completely locked up. Had to have car towed to Power Dodge on Bell Rd. Was with out car for 3 weeks waiting on new ignition switch. Avondale must have just sprayed lube in it which really didn't help at all until it went out completely.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:19 PM

I haven't had any really bad experiences with the dealerships with my crossfire but the one dealership that I trust any of the cars with is Airpark Chrysler. And I know someone from the other forum that lives in cottonwood and makes the 3 hour trip to airpark just for service.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Forum Regular

Great input. I live in South Tempe. I go to Ernhardt on Baseline. Bought SRT6 roadster used off EBAY. This dealer didn't sell me car.

Check out the service. I've been to the dealership for:

< 2 oil changes, pricy.
< Headlight adjustment. The adjusters were stripped. They replaced both assemblies no charge (n/c).
< Bought set of 4 Michelin PS2's. Looked everywhere, cheapest.
< Inside shield on front wheel well's cracked. replaced n/c.

They are known as best in Prowler mechanics.
I'm sold... For now...

Old 07-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my truck there almost 5 years ago because a good friend was the service manager. Things were done right and timely. My friend left and opened up a trucking company...got tired of the BS. The guy replacing him was a friend of his, so he treated me right, until he left...got tired of the BS.

Seems like every time I went there, I had a different service writer. Last time I was in they couldn't fix the stupid ashtray in the truck so it would stay closed. Seemed also like they had a Viper that was in there a lot for "repair".

I took the truck in for the recall on the upper ball joints. They said when I went to pay the bill the lowers needed replacing within the next year. At a huge cost. Why didn't they tell me while they had the wheel off and were in the area to begin with??? Stupid if you ask me.

Just bought the car from another dealer used. Glad to know I won't need to risk taking this beauty to Avondale again. Sounds like their service is still poor.

Any one know about the dealer on Bell?

Old 07-30-2007, 05:35 PM

I'm scared to try anybody in Phoenix area. I went to the Superstition Springs dealer & got nothing. They were either rude or treated me like an idiot. My top had stuck and wouldn't go back up, they told me it'd cost $500 for some bogus part & in the meantime, got my trunk handle stuck so the trunk wouldn't open. I've done all my business with Click Chrysler in Tucson. It may be worth it to drive the 120 miles just to get good service.