West Forum Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV.

Alarm Siren

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 09:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alarm Siren

I just purchased one from a dealer in Milford, C.T. I installed it today and it was a Bosch....I paid about 140 dollars and it should last till the replacement is 200 bucks....Is there anyone on/in the forum that replaces the batteries inside?....The newer sirens do not use the security bolt, they come with a threaded stud that needs a nut which is not included....not a bad job, worst part was cleaning and re assembly...

Old 07-07-2021, 11:05 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: Alarm Siren

I am currently waiting on my batteries to arrive.
I am planning on replacing mine.
I will have to test mine after to see if any damage was made to the surrounding components.
I’ll let you know when I’m complete.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:06 AM

Thanks Doc....

Old 07-08-2021, 08:26 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by flaco1801
I just purchased one from a dealer in Milford, C.T. I installed it today and it was a Bosch....I paid about 140 dollars and it should last till the replacement is 200 bucks....Is there anyone on/in the forum that replaces the batteries inside?....The newer sirens do not use the security bolt, they come with a threaded stud that needs a nut which is not included....not a bad job, worst part was cleaning and re assembly...
There are at least three versions of a suitable siren, at least one does not beep when locking the car just like the one fitted to the original cars, one that does beep and has the original mounting screw and another beeper with the mounting stud like yours, I have it.
In an earlier post of mine I give the numbers of the beepers, the original siren number is marked on it.
All these numbers are available by using search.

Old 07-08-2021, 04:34 PM

The post was an inquiry about any members that are replacing the batteries like D.J. does for the module....The comment about the stud screw was simply a statement because i had never read about the different configurations...

Old 07-08-2021, 05:07 PM
Default Re: Alarm 🚨

The post was an inquiry about any members that are replacing the batteries like D.J. does for the module....The comment about the stud screw was simply a statement because i had never read about the different configurations...
You were wrong when you said they only come with studs these days, if you state something as being positively correct then on this forum you can be expected to be corrected when it is not 100% true.
We cannot let a factual error be taken as true.
Nothing spiteful was meant by words, I say there may be other sirens that fit as well as those I mention.
I do not say my reply is absolutely the full list.
I have a thread on here showing and listing some siren numbers, so I know of which I speak.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:05 PM

I never said 'only"..... I said i was inquiring if any member repaired these sirens.....Why do you need to say i stated something not factual?...Do you always need to be the the person who is always correcting others in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.....In the short time i have been in this forum i can always count on you to be a stick in the mud....This is a forum of like minded people, you do not need to criticize every chance you get......There are ways to interject without making yourself feel better....

Old 07-08-2021, 07:19 PM

I never said 'only"..... I said i was inquiring if any member repaired these sirens.....Why do you need to say i stated something not factual?...Do you always need to be the the person who is always correcting others in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.....In the short time i have been in this forum i can always count on you to be a stick in the mud....This is a forum of like minded people, you do not need to criticize every chance you get......There are ways to interject without making yourself feel better....
I used the word ‘only’, you said ‘do not’, no real difference.
I said nothing spiteful was meant by my words and yet you still decided to get huffy.
Do you always take a negative attitude, so many of you do, god help America.

I have decided that I will give the forum a miss for a while, I am fed up with criticism from idiots like you who have been here five minutes, cannot use search and do not understand plain English.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-08-2021 at 07:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
UrbanE (07-11-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 10:51 PM

I am sure many here will not miss your sarcasm.....As for name calling, the moderators should have something to say about your behavior....