Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Factory rims H E L P !

Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory rims H E L P !

I have the factory rims on my Crossfire. I've owned many cars with nice rims over the past 30 years and the car I traded in on my Crossfire was a 2004 Cadillac XLR with Foose rims. My point is I have never ever damaged one rim. Dings, curb rash, never! Today I parked the crossfire in the city and touched the wheel to the curb at about 1 MPH as I was parking as slow as possible. The wheel has a mark in it. I see that since the tires don't stick out beyond the rim as with most cars the first to hit is the rim. Last week the touchless car wash marked my rim because the track it was riding on was barley wide enough for the tire to fit. Looking at the rims they look almost soft like plastic. What are they made of and has anyone else experienced these problems and how do you keep these wheels looking good when they are so fragile?

Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Default Re: Factory rims H E L P !

Originally Posted by upstate
I have the factory rims on my Crossfire. I've owned many cars with nice rims over the past 30 years and the car I traded in on my Crossfire was a 2004 Cadillac XLR with Foose rims. My point is I have never ever damaged one rim. Dings, curb rash, never! Today I parked the crossfire in the city and touched the wheel to the curb at about 1 MPH as I was parking as slow as possible. The wheel has a mark in it. I see that since the tires don't stick out beyond the rim as with most cars the first to hit is the rim. Last week the touchless car wash marked my rim because the track it was riding on was barley wide enough for the tire to fit. Looking at the rims they look almost soft like plastic. What are they made of and has anyone else experienced these problems and how do you keep these wheels looking good when they are so fragile?
You traded an XLR for a Crossfire??? Did I read that right???

Old 07-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

They are powder coated aluminum.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Woodlands
You traded an XLR for a Crossfire??? Did I read that right???
Yes I enjoy all cars for a few months then I move on. I've had royces, vw beetle verts, vettes and everything in between.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
XLR side.jpg (779.0 KB, 29 views)