Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Rotex Gold Brakes

Old 05-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rotex Gold Brakes

Finally got them today only took 6 weeks...

Old 05-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Rotex Gold Brakes

i've just got to say the rotex gold pads truly are an amazing product. i installed my front pads in an hour, 2 weeks ago, following the excellent instructions on the forum. its almost unbelievable how clean my wheels are staying!!! worth every penny, and i don't usually heap praise easily. the only difference in the changing out method i used a c-clamp to compress the brake cylinder, the screwdriver method seemed a little invasive. i'll be doing the rears when ever they wear down.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nascarhq
i installed my front pads in an hour, 2 weeks ago, following the excellent instructions on the forum. its almost unbelievable how clean my wheels are staying!!! worth every penny, and i don't usually heap praise easily.
~ thank you for the diy compliment.

enjoy your new dust free life.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:10 AM
NXM

What are the Rotex brake pad part numbers for the Crossfire's front wheels?

Would you take it to a Chrysler dealer to have them installed?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NXM
What are the Rotex brake pad part numbers for the Crossfire's front wheels?
~ part number: d9740d (listed under m/b) - front pads.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:32 AM

No more dirty rims, i installed my Rotex Gold pads on Monday.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I just ordered a set from Brake World. They are more expensive than Aiden Design, but I think I have a much better chance of getting them.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by FP
I just ordered a set from Brake World. They are more expensive than Aiden Design, but I think I have a much better chance of getting them.
Good for you FP... Brake World or MyBrakes; I'm sure you will be better off!

Good Luck!

XFH

Old 06-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Forum Regular

I just ordered Akebono ceramic pads, got them on ebay for $60 shipped. We'll see how they stack up to Rotex.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:33 AM

I ordered the Rotex brake pads from: www.brakeworld.com. I received them very fast I think 2 days after I made the order. But I live in Tennessee and I think they are shipped from South Carolina. When I made the order they had the pads in stock.

- Bill

Old 06-14-2007, 11:45 AM
FP

Originally Posted by RuKidding
I ordered the Rotex brake pads from: www.brakeworld.com. I received them very fast I think 2 days after I made the order. But I live in Tennessee and I think they are shipped from South Carolina. When I made the order they had the pads in stock.

- Bill
Good to hear. I hope I get mine soon. I'm getting tired of cleaning my wheels every morning.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:26 PM

Does anybody know how many miles the Rotex Gold are good for. Mine have been on for about 25K miles so far. Front and rear.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by aschrager
Does anybody know how many miles the Rotex Gold are good for. Mine have been on for about 25K miles so far. Front and rear.
Haven't heard, but how are your rotors holding up since the Rotex are metallic they might cause them to wear faster?

Old 06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FP
Good to hear. I hope I get mine soon. I'm getting tired of cleaning my wheels every morning.
I'm perplexed... How is it that you have waited so long to buy the Rotex pads? You've done other mods, and being that you've been around here so long, I can't understand how this wasn't one of your first upgrades.

The very first things I did to my XF after finding this board was the brake pads, andrew's revised emblems, and removing the yellow/white seat belt warning stickers from the sun visors. <--- if you haven't done this, it's very easy and much more appealing sans sticker.

Then came the less important things like front grill inserts, dash kit, storage bin cupholder replacement, K&N filters, etc.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:46 PM
FP

Originally Posted by midnightman
I'm perplexed... How is it that you have waited so long to buy the Rotex pads? You've done other mods, and being that you've been around here so long, I can't understand how this wasn't one of your first upgrades.

The very first things I did to my XF after finding this board was the brake pads, andrew's revised emblems, and removing the yellow/white seat belt warning stickers from the sun visors. <--- if you haven't done this, it's very easy and much more appealing sans sticker.

Then came the less important things like front grill inserts, dash kit, storage bin cupholder replacement, K&N filters, etc.
I bought my car last July, and didn't learn about the Rotex pads until September or so,plus I had some doubts and wanted to hear more from folks using them. I decided to wait until the spring because I stored my car all winter. I ordered my pads from Aiden Design this spring, and that was a fiasco, as you may already know from some of my posts.
I just ordered them, yesterday, and I just got a notice from BrakeWorld that they shipped today. I wasted so much time with Aiden. Wish I would have done this much earlier. Oh well, I should have them in a day or so.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Forum Regular

I also just ordered from Brakeworld, according to my tracking number I should receive them on Monday. Like FP said, I wanted to wait and see if there was anything negative posted after some long term usage. But I am so sick of cleaning the front wheels I bit the bullet & ordered yesterday.
I'm on vacation next week, so hopefully my etched windscreen will also arrive and I can put everything on in one day and enjoy the rest of the week driving.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by midnightman

I didn't know there is an order in which to mod or upgrade our Crossfires. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:31 AM

I might be taking the plunge with the Rotex pads... I might just go with the fronts for now. How easy of a install is it? any special tools? I have yet to take the rims off car for any reason and so I haven't looked at the braking system... is it just 2 bolts thru the caliper onto a bracket that wrap around the rotor? you slide out the old brakes, compress the caliper piston with a c-clamp and slide in the new pads?

I might be ordering these soon cause i hate having to wash the car every 2-3 days.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:34 AM
FP

Originally Posted by fflores
I might be taking the plunge with the Rotex pads... I might just go with the fronts for now. How easy of a install is it? any special tools? I have yet to take the rims off car for any reason and so I haven't looked at the braking system... is it just 2 bolts thru the caliper onto a bracket that wrap around the rotor? you slide out the old brakes, compress the caliper piston with a c-clamp and slide in the new pads?

I might be ordering these soon cause i hate having to wash the car every 2-3 days.
Do a search on brakes. I know Andrew posted step by step instructions. I'm having mine done. The last time I did brakes they were drums.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by FP
Do a search on brakes. I know Andrew posted step by step instructions. I'm having mine done. The last time I did brakes they were drums.
I use to never work on cars until i had my previous SRT, and i quickly learned that its not as hard as one might think and sometimes you just have to get there and think things out.

Quick Reply: Rotex Gold Brakes