Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season Tires

Old 11-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season Tires

The local Goodyear dealer finally found the 19"ers. Hope to get them on tomorrow. I'll report how they perform later.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are a HUGE (I can't stress that enough!) improvement over the Conti A/S tires. I hit a giant puddle on the way home from work yesterday that would usually make the car wander from the Conti's hydroplaning. Yesterday I showed that puddle...the F1's sliced right through it...no loss of steering in any way, shape, or form.

HPIM0060.JPG

HPIM0059.JPG

HPIM0058.JPG

Old 12-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by apkano
These are a HUGE (I can't stress that enough!) improvement over the Conti A/S tires. I hit a giant puddle on the way home from work yesterday that would usually make the car wander from the Conti's hydroplaning. Yesterday I showed that puddle...the F1's sliced right through it...no loss of steering in any way, shape, or form.
Good to know!

Has this happened to anyone else with the F1s or any non OEM tire set?

After mine were installed, I noticed my car (fender wells) was sitting higher off my wheels than the previous set. After driving around a bit, they did settle down, but they still sit a few inches higher than normal. Looks... odd to me. Makes me start to think about getting the car lowered. I'll see how it looks again when I get to Kanas City tomorrow.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:12 PM

FINALLY, I got them installed today and WOW what a difference over the Conti's. They provide a much smoother ride and they really grab! The pavement was dry today so I can't say about how they handle on wet. The bonus is the tread pattern looks awesome vs. the Conti's.

So far, they seem to be a great deal for less than a grand $.

It would be great to know everyone else's experience with these tires.

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 12-01-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 PM

Well...I just got in from a drive in about 3-5 inches of ice covered snow.

THESE TIRES KICK CONTINENTAL ***!!!

I was really impressed with the level of grip I had in the snow. Going through my sub...on one corner I slid the rear end out without any throttle input. The fronts really grab. I think a little weight added in the trunk would help out immensly though.

As an interesting sidenote...Going down metropolitan parkway...I was in a "slowness contest" with a 'vette. We both got our as*es kicked off the line by a ford explorer!

Old 12-02-2007, 03:45 AM
cjb

The Sam's Club photo of the G5-D3 does not match photos posted here. Doesn't appear to have additional siping across "aqua tread" design.
Any thoughts from others who can access the Sam's Club member site?
Prices are $220 for 18 and $204 for 19 rims.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjb
The Sam's Club photo of the G5-D3 does not match photos posted here. Doesn't appear to have additional siping across "aqua tread" design.
Any thoughts from others who can access the Sam's Club member site?
Prices are $220 for 18 and $204 for 19 rims.
Be careful, we are not talking about the GS D3's. GS D3's are a summer tire and should not be used on the snow. The F1 All Season's can.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:21 AM
cjb

Thank you for the clarification, backed up by a comparison on the Sam's site later...NOW I UNDERSTAND, said the Newbie.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Forum Regular

I little update after driving 600 miles on my new F1 A/S IN THE RAIN.
My drive from Nashville to Kansas City had 90% rain.

- The ride is smoother than my OEM Mich Pilot Sport.
- Tires handle well at 110 mph on wet road and changing lanes in the rain.
- Tires handle great at 125 mph on damp road.
- Tire noise didn't seem to be any louder/quiet.

I never hydroplaned, though I didn't hit any "puddles". My little orange traction light never came on.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:55 AM

after two weeks of on and off snow I have to say the GoodYear F1 A/S work very well in the snow and ice. i drive aboot 30 miles round trip and haven't had any problems whats so ever!

Old 12-15-2007, 08:04 AM

Got a set of Eagle F1 All Seasons thru Tirerack. Fronts were $148, Rears $220, about $10 each to ship.
I had pretty good Pilot Sports 2s on front and rear, rear thread was down to 2/32. I have about 4K on them now. Don't think I gave up anything vs. Michelon PS2. Work like glue in the rain. And I do about 140m daily commmute in my SRT. Lots of miles on twisty, hilly two-lanes with light rural traffic. Perfect!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:21 PM

Funny Sam's Club Story about getting some new Eagles-

I bought my SRT6 used with 14k miles on it, and by 21k the 19" Conti's were dead- I guess the previous owner liked to peel out. The 18"s still have 6/32 left on them, so I'll give them some more time. I ordered these nice tires from the local Sam's club and when they came in I went to get them put on- the techs freaked, said they couldn't do it. They gave a variety of excuses and I eventually talked to a manager. He said something completely different. He said that they have a special machine that they have to use with tires with pressure sensors and it was broken, so they couldn't install.

Naturally, I wasn't taking no for an answer since the Conti's were bald. I told him I'd had several conversations with people since ordering the tires and nobody brought this issue up. I told him he needed to find some place for me to get them done. They tried local Walmarts, nope. They sent me a mile away to a private shop and I had to drive my tires there. One 19" in the back and one on the passenger seat- in bags, natch. The guy at the shop told me it was $40 apiece to mount 19"s and up, compared to the $10 Sam's would charge. No problem. I also had him load all 4 tires with Nitrogen for $12. I don't know if Nitrogen is a scam or what, but I didn't care. It came up to 96.66 with tax and I drove back to Sam's and they gave me 96.66 in cash. Didn't even dispute that I paid for services that included tires I didn't even buy that day, but whatever. Funny thing is, I never even paid for Sam's to install them. So, install was free and Sam's is holding the bag for warranty on work another shop did.

It was an odd day, but I got my new Eagles. I'll probably get the 18"s within a year.

Is nitrogen a scam? They say it will leak slower due to the larger molecules, but having not slept through 10th grade chemistry I know that nitrogen is a large component of the atmosphere, but they support it enough to guarantee it with unlimited free refills. I wouldn't have sprung for it if Sam's wasn't fitting the bill.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:32 AM

So is the verdict out that the F1 all seasons are the way to go?

Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Aerodmb
So is the verdict out that the F1 all seasons are the way to go?
They are great. The cool treated pattern is an additional benefit. Espeically for an all season tire.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season Tires

Originally Posted by JonZoidberg
Is nitrogen a scam? They say it will leak slower due to the larger molecules, but having not slept through 10th grade chemistry I know that nitrogen is a large component of the atmosphere, but they support it enough to guarantee it with unlimited free refills. I wouldn't have sprung for it if Sam's wasn't fitting the bill.
Some believe that it is, nitrogen is just more temperature stable than air (even though air is mostly nitrogen) and has less moisture. You will find that your TPMS will not be set off during drastic temperature drops.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonZoidberg
Is nitrogen worth $12 to fill up 4 tires? Well, considering that liquid nitrogen costs $0.79 a gallon from an industrial supplier, and given the fact that you'd probably need less than a feather's amount of nitrogen to fill up the tires, you're probably getting $0.0001 worth of nitrogen.

Is it worth it if Sam's is paying the bill? Well, sure.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 PM

I've been running with the F1's all year so far & though I avoid driving in the snow when possible they have been superb tires. And, frankly, I'll run them all year long. Popping for summer & winter tires is just a wee bit too expensive. Getting ahold of them was no problem.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kurts
I've been running with the F1's all year so far & though I avoid driving in the snow when possible they have been superb tires. And, frankly, I'll run them all year long. Popping for summer & winter tires is just a wee bit too expensive. Getting ahold of them was no problem.
I'll definitely second that!