Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Who's spacers do you prefer

Old 08-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Who's spacers do you prefer

Hey all. I went with 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup's on the front of my Crossfire and I need 10 mm hub centric spacers. I tried without spacers and they touch the upper A-Arm bolt ever so slightly. It seems the PSC's run a little wider than the PS2's. I thought ahead and had some H&R 5 mm spacers but they aren't what I'd call hub centric and they shake badly at certain speeds. So I need recommendations. A few details first. Stock SRT rims, I race the car, I currently have 1.6 and 1.9 degrees of negative camber in the front. What hub centric spacer do you like? Ichiba, Eibach or H&R and where can I get them cheap. Or if anyone has some for sale that would be great too!

Les

Old 08-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Who's spacers do you prefer

I just put Ichiba spacers (10mm Front, 12mm Rear) on my stock SRT rims.
I had to as I put 235/40/18 Nitto Invos on the front. They were not rubbing but they were very, very close to the upper A Arm nut. The tire more than likely would have made contact during high speed cornering.

To answer your question, I paid $85/set for the Ichibas. They are Hubcentric and I have not noticed any vibration from them in the 200 miles that I have put on them. The were an exact fit for the rims - no play whatsoever.

Good luck finding H&R or Eibachs - I tried and it seemed that the 10mm were all on backorder for a month. The 12mm or 15mm seemed to be available however.

Don't run non-hubcentric spacers.

Also don't forget to order longer lug bolts or convert to studs if you are going to be racing regularly. I have heard it is easier when taking the wheel on and off a lot.

Later,
KrzyFast

Old 08-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used eibach and love them...of course you get hubcentric.. i run 12 in front and 15 in back and love the stance..good luck buddy

Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The ichiba's came today (labor day) 10mm spacers for each side in the front. I put them on and went for a drive to see if it solved the vibration, which it did. With the wider track and Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, I feel the car more sensitive to the road. The car would rather be turning than going straight, or so it seems. They also feel softer while turning, like the sidewall is not as stiff. I'm not pushing them for a while as per tire racks instructions so I can't give a thorough review. I'm sure the 5 mm H&R's can work but since my rims come off regularly for brake bleeding and inspection I didn't want to fool with them. They are hub centric but don't have a centering ring on the outside. Now I'm waiting for my tire pyrometer to arrive. I want to keep these tires in their "happy place" and have them last a while longer than the PS2's.

Les