Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Old 09-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

One set of these tires was more than enough for me. I knew I was making a compromise when I purchased the tires but in the long run it was just not worth it.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SRT6_Roadster
One set of these tires was more than enough for me. I knew I was making a compromise when I purchased the tires but in the long run it was just not worth it.
I'm getting ready to buy new tires and am seriously considering the Hankooks. If that is the brand you are referencing, please state the reason(s) for your conclusions.
Many thanks,
PACEMAKER

Last edited by Pacemaker; 09-17-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacemaker
I'm getting ready to buy new tires and am seriously considering the Hankooks. If that is the brand you are referencing, please state the reason(s) for your conclusions.
Many thanks,
PACEMAKER
I'm with SRT6_Roadster here. The Hankooks only lasted about 15000 before the rears went south on my Limited. I've now had the General G-Maxs on for over 30000 and they still show plenty of life left and ride great. And they run around the same price as the Hankocks (). I also have around 30000 on the Toyo Proxes 4 on the SRT and if they ever wear out, I'm gonna go with the newer Proxes 4 Plus. Again, for around the same price, they have a much higher tread rating much like the G-max, and have been great tires.

Last edited by syfi; 09-18-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I hated the Hankooks and took them off after 7,500 miles. Just too damn greasy when they heated up and they heated up way too fast. I didn't think they were amazing in the rain either. Pacemaker get the new Michelin PS3. It's an all season tire and should last you.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with the Hankook tires after seeing the many good reviews on this forum. I've been very happy with the tires, a better look, ride, quiet and reasonable price. I look for them to last a long time as I don't put a lot of stress on them, such as burn outs.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Yea, I can take the tread CLEAN OFF the rears in 10,000 miles, but if I drive like a normal person, like I once did, I got 33,000 in the front and almost 30,000 in back.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Talking re: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

Rating of tires are so subjective! I love this tire, I hate this tire, this tire grips, does not grip, to loud ,to quite, short life, long live . great all season tire, not good in rain, great price, you get what you pay for, Will always buy this brand,will never buy this brand again, great deal,not worth the money, uneven wear,wears evenly ,ok in snow,don"t drive in snow,light snow ok, tires get to hot, tires run to cold,tire temp just fine, tires make it feel like it is on rails,tires caused it to walk all over the road, must over fill tires, must under fill tires,must run exact tire pressure There are a lot of ups to these tires, then downs, so what are the ups doing ,that the downs are not doing. Tire rack ratings cover so many different brand and types of cars

But since we all drive crossfire ,what do you think causes so many different opinions, Could it be you/us have had better tires on our xf at some point are had worse tires at some point.

Just Food for thought!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Personally I hated the Hankooks and took them off after 7,500 miles. Just too damn greasy when they heated up and they heated up way too fast. I didn't think they were amazing in the rain either. Pacemaker get the new Michelin PS3. It's an all season tire and should last you.
I have Michelins on my SRT-6's, low miles but still a couple of years old. For a warm weather climate where I'm at, they are fantastic. I also have Michelins on my '06 4-Runner. It's been interesting reading everyone's reviews. I'll be sticking with Michelins. They are also OEM on many supercars (ie; what's good for a Veyron is good enough for me.)

Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texas t

But since we all drive crossfire ,what do you think causes so many different opinions, Could it be you/us have had better tires on our xf at some point are had worse tires at some point.

Just Food for thought!
Simple, people have different opinions because people drive their crossfires differently. If you don't do hard cornering or spin your tires very often the cheaper tires will last you longer. Also the tires will perform differently on the limited vs the SRT. That extra power the Supercharger gives you is enough to melt those rear tires quickly. Another factor is location. If you live in a cooler climate the tires will stay cooler longer. This was my issue with the Hankook tires. For me they heated up way too quickly, when I went on spirited runs, causing me to slide all over the place. In normal everyday driving they were okay. The DSW's were also good normal driving tires, but I never felt comfortable on them when driving quickly. They just felt too hard and lacking in grip in all corners. The Michelins Pilot Sport A/S treated me very well, but I wear them out very quickly. If I skipped two dragon events I could probably get 3x the life out of them. Okay maybe not 3x but darn near it. This winter/spring I hope to pick up a new set of wheels to put summer rubber on. At that point I think I'll be able to keep the Michelin PS3's going for close to 25 - 30k miles. Finally this is my opinion of the 5 different tires, and we all know about opinions

Old 09-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pacemaker
Many thanks,
PACEMAKER
They start off as a good tire for the price but grip level quickly reduces as the tires wear. For me the tires lasted no longer (or not appreciably longer) than tires over much greater traction and performance levels.

I think there are too many tradeoffs with this tire just to save a little money. They are not comparable to Advan AD07 or AD08, or the Michelin PS2 or Super Sports just to name 4 tires.

They are an okay tire just not what I would term a maximum performance tire.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Forum Regular

WOW! Thanks men. I had Bridgestone Pole Positions on my Limited; they were a good tire IMO. The Conti.s I now have are @ 33,300 miles and the Dragon's a comin'. Thanks again for the input, will definitely review all of this and do the Dragon in whatever I come up with.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:28 PM

After 3 sets of PS2s, thought I'd give these a try. 2 months later and I am real happy with them. They are quieter and smoother and thus far they do me well out in the twisties. Don't know how they do in the cold or wet because we don't have either of those here.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts

Seen posted in another thread
Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Hankook tires on Tirerack at Closeout; full set $456.00 plus shipping.
Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110
I am on my second set of these and they are a nice summer tire for our Crossfires
This is an unbeatable price for a quality tire

Last edited by Valk; 08-08-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by VALK
Seen posted in another thread

YEP! I bought a set last week and they came in one day. I put them away for after the Dragon.

I have a set on Crumpy's SRT and she has had tem for 3 years. That's well over 20K miles.

But then she drives like a girl.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
YEP! I bought a set last week and they came in one day. I put them away for after the Dragon.

I have a set on Crumpy's SRT and she has had tem for 3 years. That's well over 20K miles.

But then she drives like a girl.
Same here ordered them yesterday, here by 1pm today! I m going to save them until later as I have a little wear left on the old ones. Had them 4 years and have 26,000 on them. Lots of highway miles, many trips.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110

I'm back here on the thread I created back in February 2010
I'm on my 3rd set of Hankook tires since then and the Hankook tires named in this thread title are now dis-continued and have been replaced with a comparable tire named :
"Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2"

Today I had my 3rd set of Hankook Tires installed on the rears.
I again went with the larger size of 285/35/19
This last set of these seen below gave me 26,071 miles until the wear bars were making contact with the street which makes them begin to make a howling noise at high speed.
With the new ones on now it's again very quiet.
The fronts with the same miles on them are not yet in need of replacement.

The old and the new Hankook summer tires seen here.
As you can see I really have minimal camber wear issues on this set of tires after 26,071 miles on them and have not ever had camber wear problems over my 90,000 miles over the past 10 years.
All this without ever having an alignment or any mods to my suspension

The wear bars are circled in red on the old ones.

OLD

OLD LR

OLD RR

And the new ones

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LR.jpg (604.2 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg
RR.jpg (595.2 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by Valk; 07-13-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 12:24 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk
I'm back here on the thread I created back in February 2010
I'm on my 3rd set of Hankook tires since then and the Hankook tires named in this thread title are now dis-continued and have been replaced with a comparable tire named :
"Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2"

Today I had my 3rd set of Hankook Tires installed on the rears.
I again went with the larger size of 285/35/19
This last set of these seen below gave me 26,071 miles until the wear bars were making contact with the street which makes them begin to make a howling noise at high speed.
With the new ones on now it's again very quiet.
The fronts with the same miles on them are not yet in need of replacement.

The old and the new Hankook summer tires seen here.
As you can see I really have minimal camber wear issues on this set of tires after 26,071 miles on them and have not ever had camber wear problems over my 90,000 miles over the past 10 years.
All this without ever having an alignment or any mods to my suspension

The wear bars are circled in red on the old ones.
[size=33px]
I know this is an old thread but it is exactly my problem.
I have these tires and have had them on for a very similar mileage and they have got noisy. My wear bars are still not quite flush but the noise is not too nice to live with. I was thinking of replacing them this year but as I will not do 500 miles this year I will wait for next year.
I will go with an all season tire this time and have new tire pressure sensors fitted at that time, my TPMS light came on I the early summer, as they were put on the car in 2004 I think they lasted well. These summer tires are not too good in the spring and fall when temperatures hit 45 to 50 degrees, no grip which means braking is affected.
The fronts are probably not making too much noise and the rears have some inner wear but nothing special, they were Continentals. The rears have not had an alignment, as I could find nobody who could do it and the tires that came of it were not worn to badly on the inside. [/size]

Old 03-04-2021, 10:36 AM

Have a 2005 limited in Long Island, NY and considering changing the tire height on front and rears. I would like to add at least another 1/2 inch of height with 225/45/18 (front) and 255/40/19 (rear). Not sure about tire rub, especially in the front. Any comments, suggestions?

Old 03-04-2021, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

You can do 285/35/19 in back and get away with it, that's all I run in back. Beyond that, just know that a lot of those who run larger tires experience a lot of tire rub.
Personally, I'd never allow that, but many see it as tolerable - I dont' understand that thinking.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:18 AM

Hey, thanks for the return and advise, it's well appreciated. You helped to satisfy my suspicions...like minds brother.
Yeah, not looking to go any wider, just more cushioning for NY roads. Think I'll stay with the standard sized Pirelli run flats for now. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110