Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Decided on wheels... Finally

Old 06-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Decided on wheels... Finally

Alleuro I apprciate the info. Once I see my orthopedic doctor next week I'm being referred to a pain management facility for the next course of pain maintenance. I've had to jump through hoops to get BCBS to approve an MRI. That's why it's been so long. The disc problem has also pinched my ciatic nerve which is why controlling the pain with common opioids isn't working

Old 06-18-2010, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Infinite
Max, ithink you misread my posts. I'm not on the fentanyl yet. Pecocet and lortab are different. Lortab = hydrocodone. Percocet = oxycodone (stronger). I have always had a high tolerance to pain LEDs. Where you take one and get looped out I take 3 and feel nothing out ofthe ordinary. I've taken 3 today over 6 hours and I'm still in excrutiating pain and feel firmly planted.

As of today I'm on percocet 5mg/325. Flexeril and mobic. We tried toradol, naproxen. Nothing has worked. The flexeril and mobic aren't helpin either. The percocet makes walking almost possible for short distances.

As of next week after my doctor reads my MRI I will bee off of everything and started on epidurals with fentanyl to manage breakthrough pain. I'm not avoiding surgery. My doctor says I'm way too young to consider it at this point as there are other avenues to pursue. I will also be started on a physical therapy routine and see a chiropractor to hopefully put some space inbetween my discs.

This is pretty much going to be a life long problem, I would prefer to try every available nonintrusive option before resorting to surgery.
I'm really surprised that you're going from percocet all the way up to fentanyl. Maybe I am also misreading your post, but why wouldn't you try morphine or dilaudid before fentanyl?

Old 06-18-2010, 02:56 AM

Im allergic to morphine.

Dilaudid doesnt do anything to me. They gave me dilaudid when I had a bad kidney stone episode and it did 0 for the pain, I got right up, got dressed and walked out since the doctor didnt seem to wanna help me. He couldnt believe that i was able to stand up.

I havent taken darvocet in awhile, so that could be an option but IIRC it reacted the same way with me as oxycodone does.
oxycontin is just time released oxycodone, and if oxycodone doesnt help the pain in a bolus release, its not going to help in a metered capacity.

Back when I had a skin graft for burning my foot and when I had my appendectomy the doctors figured out really quick that standard opioid dosing rules dont work on me. Pre-op pain control after the appendectomy was intramuscular fentanyl. Worked wonders, didnt geek me out at all

My brain chemistry is incredibly difficult. When I was little the doctors noticed that I wasnt responding like everyone else to most medications. They compared my brain chemistry/activity to this big software program that uses a bunch of baselines to determine efficiencies of medications on your particular brain chemistry/activity type. Less than 3% of the available drugs interact the right way with my brain.

The things that dont work
Adderall, xanax, valium, morphine, every prescription sleeping aid, anti-depressants, steroidal medicines etc etc the list goes on and on. The best way to describe my typical reaction to any med I take is paradoxical. pain pills dont get rid of the pain, sleeping pills dont make me sleep, xanax and valium dont relax me.

I have to take seroquel (anti-psychotic med) just to get sleep at night, thats how bad my insomnia is. I took me over a year to get the right meds so i could even being to sleep.

I'll give you an idea. Im so high toleranced that they had to start giving me morphine drops for my migraines, until I figured out I was allergic to it.

told you i was weird :/ When you've had as many pain involving experiences (flying through a windshield at 60, being set on fire, impaled by a bmx bike handlebar, kicked in the chest and head by a horse, hit by a truck, hit by a car, pinned to a flatbed trailer by a forklift, getting thrown out of the passenger side window of my truck with my seatbelt still on, and now by back pain) as i have, you learn pretty quickly what will and wont work.

way to get ot guys, lol.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, amputation is always an option.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear about all of your accident's, I've actually experienced the majority of what you've been through so I feel your pain. And good luck with the fentanyl, it has a much shorter half life then dilaudid, and almost lends itself to people being tolerant of it over a period of time, and giving you're history you'll probably become tolerant faster than most.

Oh and by the way, when I was burned (2nd and 3rd degree over 27% of my body from the waist up), they were giving me morphine for the first couple hours before they realized it just didn't react with me at all. So you're right, you do learn very quickly what works and does not work.

Good luck you everything bro,

-Sean

Old 06-18-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by macavelli24
I'm sorry to hear about all of your accident's, I've actually experienced the majority of what you've been through so I feel your pain. And good luck with the fentanyl, it has a much shorter half life then dilaudid, and almost lends itself to people being tolerant of it over a period of time, and giving you're history you'll probably become tolerant faster than most.

Oh and by the way, when I was burned (2nd and 3rd degree over 27% of my body from the waist up), they were giving me morphine for the first couple hours before they realized it just didn't react with me at all. So you're right, you do learn very quickly what works and does not work.

Good luck you everything bro,

-Sean
Thanks, I decided to today that Im going to try physical therapy first, as well as light lower back exercise to get some muscle strength back. I think if I can do enough of it and get a routine down I can keep the pain manageble with the medication im on now. If it doesnt keep the pain managable I'll do the epidural/fentanyl but i'll still do the exercise

Old 07-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Infinite
flying through a windshield at 60, being set on fire, impaled by a bmx bike handlebar, kicked in the chest and head by a horse, hit by a truck, hit by a car, pinned to a flatbed trailer by a forklift, getting thrown out of the passenger side window of my truck with my seatbelt still on, and now by back pain
HA, I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but that there is funny.
Are you Wille Coyote?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Forum Regular

So Infinite, are you going to be changing your screen name to House???

Disclaimer: This wasn't meant to be a bad joke to drug use, just a reference to one being in pain all the time....

Old 07-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Ive thought about it.

but seriously, ill grow scruff, dye my hair salt and pepper and rock the cane out.... and see how many people get it lol