Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Finally, the IDEAL Brake Pads for your Crossfire? Heck, for your Anything!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally, the IDEAL Brake Pads for your Crossfire? Heck, for your Anything!

As a Crossfire owner and forum member, I’ve done a lot of reading involving hundreds of posts. One of the most frequently mentioned issues that fellow enthusiasts encounter is the need to continually clean the wheels from brake dust. In an effort to combat this element and to ensure top performance, the majority of members are recommending to each other and singing the praises of a set of brake pads called ROTEX GOLD. They have been cited in dozens and dozens of posts in this forum and too, on the Benzworld forum. There is no question that these pads are repeatedly, highly endorsed for being cool, quiet, high performance and above all clean!

There also seems to be a fair amount of difficulty for many members when they’ve tried to acquire these particular pads. My own recent experience, was having contacted what seems to be the most common vendor for them. I was told expressly by the agent that he wanted me to purchase another product. One of our members said that despite placing an order for ROTEX GOLD, they received a different pad in their place! When I asked who the manufacturer of ROTEX GOLD pads was, he said that he knew and that they were Canadian, but that he would not tell me who they were. I was determined to find a source for these (I’m Canadian). I’ve seen that for several years members have been unsuccessful in finding where they are made, by whom and where else they could be purchased (other than through an Internet warehouse or on eBay). I was intrigued by this obscurity and of the speculation about a manufacture who for all intents and purpose might be right in my backyard!

Too, since I’m REALLY TIRED of cleaning my wheels every time I return home and being now being totally disillusioned at the snarky response from the most popular vendor for the ROTEX GOLD product, I decided to do some research and determine once and for all - where they are made, who makes them and where they can be bought. I was delighted at what I discovered after making numerous phone calls across Ontario and Canada, asking very specific questions, quoting specific part numbers, documenting everything and then connecting the dots. Suffice to say that once I presented the evidence I had collected to one particular industry manager, he was able to confirm a number of things for me. It should be noted that his compliance in answering my questions was ONLY because I approached him in regard to his company’s product. Because of business and confidentiality agreements, he advised that he was limited in what he could disclose.

Here is the upshot of what I learned. If you think that the ROTEX GOLD pads are a superior product and you would like to purchase them for your car then you will equally enjoy owning a product that is distributed in Canada by IDEAL Brake Parts http://www.idealbrakeparts.com/ . Specifically,their Premium Metallic Quiet PMDpads. For the Crossfire(s) these would be parts PMD853 and PMDD779 for the N/A version and PMD682 and PMD603 for the SRT-6. Those who purchased the ROTEX Gold product and who have a keen eye will note a similarity in the part numbers compared to what they have been accustomed to with ROTEX GOLD, with one exception - the N/A front pad part number. That 853 part now supersedes the 9740 part number.

What a co-incidence!

So, for those who are having trouble sourcing the fabled ROTEX GOLD product – fear not! The IDEAL brakes are also manufactured in Canada (almost in my backyard) and they are made of Canadian parts, formulation materials and labour (pardon my Canadian spelling). The manufacturer of the IDEAL brake products must remain unnamed for the time being but believe me when I say that they are very proud of their business, their products and their distribution networks. Most of all, they are proud to offer a product that is about 99% Canadian! Quality, quality to be certain!

There is even better news for those who think that they would be “equally” happy if they thought that they were purchasing the United States distributed product called ROTEX GOLD versus the Canadian distributed IDEAL BRAKES . But I’m not going to spoil your surprise though. You’ll smile and have a HUGE grin when you hear the price and availability of these pads from any of the dozens of retail outlets across Canada. This manufacturer and their distributors are making the recent discussions about Canadians paying 20-40% MORE for the same products as do our U.S. cousins –complete myth!

BLOODY GOOD on this company and I hope that whatever party wants to win the Federal Election will send their critics or Ministers of Trade, Commerce and Industry to stop by this southern Ontario business and find out exactly how to put a company, its customers and ultimately this country on a responsible fiscal track!

As soon as I get the complete list of retailers, I'll post it. More to follow!

Last edited by PitMarshall; 04-29-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Forum Regular
Location: Colborne Ontario, Orlando FL. (winter) Haliburton Ont. (summer)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Finally, the IDEAL Brake Pads for your Crossfire? Heck, for your Anything!

[quote=PitMarshall]As a Crossfire owner and forum member, I’ve done a lot of reading involving hundreds of posts. One of the most frequently mentioned issues that fellow enthusiasts encounter is the need to continually clean the wheels from brake dust. In an effort to combat this element and to ensure top performance, the majority of members are recommending to each other and singing the praises of a set of brake pads called ROTEX GOLD. They have been cited in dozens and dozens of posts in this forum and too, on the Benzworld forum. There is no question that these pads are repeatedly, highly endorsed for being cool, quiet, high performance and above all clean!

There also seems to be a fair amount of difficulty for many members when they’ve tried to acquire these particular pads. My own recent experience, was having contacted what seems to be the most common vendor for them. I was told expressly by the agent that he wanted me to purchase another product. One of our members said that despite placing an order for ROTEX GOLD, they received a different pad in their place! When I asked who the manufacturer of ROTEX GOLD pads was, he said that he knew and that they were Canadian, but that he would not tell me who they were. I was determined to find a source for these (I’m Canadian). I’ve seen that for several years members have been unsuccessful in finding where they are made, by whom and where else they could be purchased (other than through an Internet warehouse or on eBay). I was intrigued by this obscurity and of the speculation about a manufacture who for all intents and purpose might be right in my backyard!

Too, since I’m REALLY TIRED of cleaning my wheels every time I return home and being now being totally disillusioned at the snarky response from the most popular vendor for the ROTEX GOLD product, I decided to do some research and determine once and for all - where they are made, who makes them and where they can be bought. I was delighted at what I discovered after making numerous phone calls across Ontario and Canada, asking very specific questions, quoting specific part numbers, documenting everything and then connecting the dots. Suffice to say that once I presented the evidence I had collected to one particular industry manager, he was able to confirm a number of things for me. It should be noted that his compliance in answering my questions was ONLY because I approached him in regard to his company’s product. Because of business and confidentiality agreements, he advised that he was limited in what he could disclose.

Here is the upshot of what I learned. If you think that the ROTEX GOLD pads are a superior product and you would like to purchase them for your car then you will equally enjoy owning a product that is distributed in Canada by IDEAL Brake Parts http://www.idealbrakeparts.com/ . Specifically,their Premium Metallic Quiet PMDpads. For the Crossfire(s) these would be parts PMD853 and PMDD779 for the N/A version and PMD682 and PMD603 for the SRT-6. Those who purchased the ROTEX Gold product and who have a keen eye will note a similarity in the part numbers compared to what they have been accustomed to with ROTEX GOLD, with one exception - the N/A front pad part number. That 853 part now supersedes the 9740 part number.

What a co-incidence!

So, for those who are having trouble sourcing the fabled ROTEX GOLD product – fear not! The IDEAL brakes are also manufactured in Canada (almost in my backyard) and they are made of Canadian parts, formulation materials and labour (pardon my Canadian spelling). The manufacturer of the IDEAL brake products must remain unnamed for the time being but believe me when I say that they are very proud of their business, their products and their distribution networks. Most of all, they are proud to offer a product that is about 99% Canadian! Quality, quality to be certain!

There is even better news for those who think that they would be “equally” happy if they thought that they were purchasing the United States distributed product called ROTEX GOLD versus the Canadian distributed IDEAL BRAKES . But I’m not going to spoil your surprise though. You’ll smile and have a HUGE grin when you hear the price and availability of these pads from any of the dozens of retail outlets across Canada. This manufacturer and their distributors are making the recent discussions about Canadians paying 20-40% MORE for the same products as do our U.S. cousins –complete myth!

BLOODY GOOD on this company and I hope that whatever party wants to win the Federal Election will send their critics or Ministers of Trade, Commerce and Industry to stop by this southern Ontario business and find out exactly how to put a company, its customers and ultimately this country on a responsible fiscal track!

As soon as I get the complete list of retailers, I'll post it. More to follow![/quote

Thanks for your effort. I need new pads and would be happy to purchase them from a local retailer.

]

Old 04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Finally, the IDEAL Brake Pads for your Crossfire? Heck, for your Anything!

Ideal braking is not manufactured 100% in Canada, Nor do they build or over see in house! They have over 16 different suppliers of metal, Matrix metals being one of their key suppliers...and they have many different contracts out on their manufacturing. Every 3 months or so they are taking bids...I know for Certain China is their leading manufacturer and they have been so for quiet sometime now, atleast 50% maybe more of the ideal product is built in china. I know they have tried to get into ideamart india manufacturing for sometime now as well....Canada might distribute the product but they do not build 100% of the product....just thought might help and clarify a few things...

Old 04-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My own prefernce is cor Ceramic pads. Ceramics have vitually no dust at all in fact your car will always be dustier than your wheels. The main reason I like ceramic though is that they are incredibly easy on the rotors. Rotors will last much longer with ceramic pads. I was using Posi-quiet which is owned by Centric. Recently I upgraded my brakes (again) and didn't want to wait for shipping. I went down to O'Rileys and they had their brand ceramics in stock. They didn't cost much at all and have performed just as good as the Posi-Quiets.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Akebono Ceramics, hope they work well. Had good reviews, not cheap, but not too high priced either. Haven't put them on yet. Hope to get this done in a few weeks. Will let you guys know how I like them. Dusting was my biggest problem, the OEMs worked well other than that.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LantanaTX
My own prefernce is cor Ceramic pads. Ceramics have vitually no dust at all in fact your car will always be dustier than your wheels. The main reason I like ceramic though is that they are incredibly easy on the rotors. Rotors will last much longer with ceramic pads. I was using Posi-quiet which is owned by Centric. Recently I upgraded my brakes (again) and didn't want to wait for shipping. I went down to O'Rileys and they had their brand ceramics in stock. They didn't cost much at all and have performed just as good as the Posi-Quiets.
I love my Posi-Quiets - virtually zero dust and they still stop beautifully, even on track. I paid something like $99 for all four corners and picked them up locally as the ebay seller at the time was here in Orange County.