Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

cut srt6 springs and fender height

Old 07-15-2011, 03:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cut srt6 springs and fender height

looking for the front fender to be sitting at around 25" and the rear fender to be sitting about 25.5" could everyone who is running chopped springs please post what spring pads your running, how many coils cut, and fender height? and maybe a run down of the sizes of the different dot pads?

Old 07-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cut srt6 springs and fender height

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
looking for the front fender to be sitting at around 25" and the rear fender to be sitting about 25.5" could everyone who is running chopped springs please post what spring pads your running, how many coils cut, and fender height? and maybe a run down of the sizes of the different dot pads?
people cut springs in their crossfires?

i thought only us Honda guys did that! haha... totally kidding, i do not!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dot 1 pads to dot 5 pads. front and rears different pads. each pad # increases the height by 4mm. most only cut 1/2 coil from the springs and with a#1 pad your looking at 1" or more drop.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I cut 3/4 coil off the front and 1 coil off the back. I had to use a dot 5 on the front or I'd get some rubbing. My front setup was 235/40/18 with a 10mm spacer. On the rear I was having interference with the sway bar and aftermarket adjustable camber arms (only at the track at ridiculous speeds) so I had to go with a dot 4 pad which is the tallest they make for the rear. I believe you can get the 25" to 25 1/2" cutting 1/2 on the front and 3/4 on the rear with the stock spring pads. You'll most likely have to do some adjusting with the spring pads no matter what. It seems not all cars lower the exact same amount. If you search you'll find springs cut much more than mine were without rubbing but my experience was different. (I'm now on K&W's) Don't let the coils get too hot while cutting them. (use lube to keep the temps down)

Les

Old 07-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I cut 3/4 coil off the front and 1 coil off the back. I had to use a dot 5 on the front or I'd get some rubbing. My front setup was 235/40/18 with a 10mm spacer. On the rear I was having interference with the sway bar and aftermarket adjustable camber arms (only at the track at ridiculous speeds) so I had to go with a dot 4 pad which is the tallest they make for the rear. I believe you can get the 25" to 25 1/2" cutting 1/2 on the front and 3/4 on the rear with the stock spring pads. You'll most likely have to do some adjusting with the spring pads no matter what. It seems not all cars lower the exact same amount. If you search you'll find springs cut much more than mine were without rubbing but my experience was different. (I'm now on K&W's) Don't let the coils get too hot while cutting them. (use lube to keep the temps down)

Les
When I bought mine from Shelton, he said he had removed a full coil from each spring. I'll have to go out and measure my height, but it's just at the verge of rubbing. Big bumps at speed case the tires to kiss the fender liners if I'm not careful. But at low speeds, and in the parking lots, no drama and no rubbing, even on lock-to-lock steering.