Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Will these fit?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Will these fit?

UPDATE: I just spoke to someone at a Tire and Wheel shop - he looked it up in his "book" and told me I could put 18's all the way around WITHOUT ANY SPACERS, hub-centric rings only, as long as my offset is between 35 and 42. Thoughts?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So here is the picture: if you put an 18x8 et45 on the rear this will move the wheel IN. Outer (fender) clearance will increase by 36mm (almost 1.5in.) and the inner clearance will DECREASE by about 11mm (almost 0.5 in.) This should be OK. (My setup moved the inner lip 6mm closer.)If for some reason it hits the suspension, a 5mm spacer should suffice.
For the front, You'll almost certainly need a spacer. The front wheel will be about 20mm closer to the suspension components.

I recommend measuring before purchasing anything. You also need to confirm the brake clearance on the front. It is not good buying new wheels only to come to the horrid realization that you can't move because the brake and wheel spoke are locked together. (Different wheels have different flange heights. Offsets are only half the battle)

You'll also want spacers for aesthetic reasons. If these wheels fit (which I don't believe they will without spacers) they will be swallowed up by the fender. They will be so far beneath the car that it will look decidedly funny.

Also, keep in mind that spacers (good ones) can cast over $50 each. So it might be a good idea to increase your budget a little to find something that fits without them. You may actually save money.

Last edited by MetalMilitiaSRT; 08-02-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Also, keep in mind that spacers (good ones) can cast over $50 each. So it might be a good idea to increase your budget a little to find something that fits without them. You may actually save money.
THANK YOU for the response, I really appreciate it. This has become quite an ordeal, mainly because until I started looking into all this - I didn't have a CLUE, lol.

I think I am going to take the collective advice and find something with a 35mm offset. If I can't find them in black and white like I want, then I'll look into having them powder coated. I think that black and whites would look smoking hot on a white XFire. And if I am spending the $ anyways, gonna get what I like in the process. But for the time being, I will look for size rather than color.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by xFireFlyx
But for the time being, I will look for size rather than color.
I personally look for the color over the size, hahaha jk Its hot here today and I am feeling woozy! lol

Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by gunner1374
I personally look for the color over the size, hahaha jk Its hot here today and I am feeling woozy! lol
LOL I hear it has been scorchin' in Oklahoma this summer. What part are you in, Gunner1374? It hasn't gotten over 95 here all summer and they think it's hot, lol. I'm like, wow, this is pretty cool for summer...lol. It is humid as furk though!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that black and whites would look smoking hot on a white XFire.
I'm inclined to agree... but then again I like white wheels on black cars

Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
I'm inclined to agree... but then again I like white wheels on black cars
HA HA Stop taunting me...you know I want those stinking RTX wheels, but they just aren't the right size, sniffle sniffle = heart broken

Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Roues RTX Wheels - Home

Have you tried using the online catalog?

Find what you want (style, size, offset) and then go asking (phoning) the e-tailers or retailers to order them for you.

I found mine that way, and got exactly what I wanted for the same price as the eBay ad. And the one's I got are much larger!

Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Roues RTX Wheels - Home

Have you tried using the online catalog?
Actually, Maxcichon, that's the first thing I did when I saw them on eBay was to email and ask if they could order them for me in a different offset. He said that's the lowest offset RTX made on an 18" rim. I didn't email or phone RTX themselves, no, but think I might try that too. I really love those wheels. Who knew - I'm such a girlie girl but I have really gotten into wheels and accessories for my XFire. LOL today in the auto store I was looking at jewelry for the rearview mirror!! OMG and I saw some illuminated door guard sills on ebay that you can have customized up to 20 characters in a variety of different colors - hmmmmmmm.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 PM

HA HA Stop taunting me...you know I want those stinking RTX wheels, but they just aren't the right size, sniffle sniffle = heart broken
No taunting here, I support your decision. Hell, I'm paying twice the money for the Dual cold air intake versus the more-than-enough-air single one just because I think it looks so much "cooler" (no pun intended)...

Honestly I think you need to find wheels you like and then get them redone.. there aren't too many white wheels out there... except maybe these would work

18x8 White Menzari Viaggio Wheels 5x112 Rims | eBay

Old 08-02-2012, 11:44 PM

No taunting here, I support your decision. Hell, I'm paying twice the money for the Dual cold air intake versus the more-than-enough-air single one just because I think it looks so much "cooler" (no pun intended)...

Honestly I think you need to find wheels you like and then get them redone.. there aren't too many white wheels out there... except maybe these would work

18x8 White Menzari Viaggio Wheels 5x112 Rims | eBay
Cooler indeed, love the dual cold air intakes. You guys are turning this girlie girl into a hard core car fanatic (XFire fanatic of course)!

I looked at those Menzari wheels - they are kinda...boring. I emailed RTX and asked if they could custom make me a set of rims with the right specs...we'll see what they say. I got an auto-reply from the feedback form in French, lol. I took French in high school, but that was uhm a few (several) years ago!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 AM

Cooler indeed, love the dual cold air intakes. You guys are turning this girlie girl into a hard core car fanatic (XFire fanatic of course)!

I looked at those Menzari wheels - they are kinda...boring. I emailed RTX and asked if they could custom make me a set of rims with the right specs...we'll see what they say. I got an auto-reply from the feedback form in French, lol. I took French in high school, but that was uhm a few (several) years ago!
There's pretty much nothing better than a girlie girl who is into their car, don't be ashamed.

Found another one for you, subtle and classy... and 32mm offset...
Buy 18x8 rims tsw zolder wheels White Gloss color. tsw zolder 18x8 white gloss wheels at WheelsNext.com

Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 AM

There's pretty much nothing better than a girlie girl who is into their car, don't be ashamed.

Found another one for you, subtle and classy... and 32mm offset...
Buy 18x8 rims tsw zolder wheels White Gloss color. tsw zolder 18x8 white gloss wheels at WheelsNext.com
Thank you, Rayth! Those above are decent. Kinda wanted something black and white, not just white.

What do you think of these? Not the el-cheapo tires, lol, just the rims.

And what does it mean when they have HPO listed as offset?

Old 08-03-2012, 12:22 AM

Thank you, Rayth! Those above are decent. Kinda wanted something black and white, not just white.

What do you think of these? Not the el-cheapo tires, lol, just the rims.

And what does it mean when they have HPO listed as offset?
Alright I guess classy is out the window

That link you posted just led to a general page, which ones were you looking at?

and HPO means "high positive offset" so probably close to that 45mm you've been finding.. but might be worth asking for the exact number

Last edited by rayth; 08-03-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 AM

Alright I guess classy is out the window

That link you posted just led to a general page, which ones were you looking at?

Hey, watch it now - I am classy, but I like sporty wheels. It is an XFire afterall

The wheels are the Speedy Wheels Wildcat
Select Your Wheels

Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 AM

By the way, Rayth, diggin the painted grill :-)

Old 08-03-2012, 12:40 AM

Hey, watch it now - I am classy, but I like sporty wheels. It is an XFire afterall

The wheels are the Speedy Wheels Wildcat
Select Your Wheels
Not bad not bad, I do like mesh style wheels though I prefer more defined spokes (I'm considering TSW Nurburgring in gun metal)... but I definitely think you may be on to something there... that HPO might be the issue though.. not sure what they consider "high".. 45 would be more than you want but 35 could be made to work..

classy but sporty, that's a dangerous combination

Old 08-03-2012, 12:45 AM

Not bad not bad, I do like mesh style wheels though I prefer more defined spokes (I'm considering TSW Nurburgring in gun metal)... but I definitely think you may be on to something there... that HPO might be the issue though.. not sure what they consider "high".. 45 would be more than you want but 35 could be made to work..

classy but sporty, that's a dangerous combination
Classy but sporty, that's me!

I like bigger spokes, but I can't seem to find too many black and white wheels, lol. What's up with that?

Got a link to the TSW's?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 AM

Classy but sporty, that's me!

I like bigger spokes, but I can't seem to find too many black and white wheels, lol. What's up with that?

Got a link to the TSW's?
I still think you should get wheels you like and then get them painted or powder coated. Heck, I plastidipped the wheels on my old car in white... if you do find a shop that does powercoating or painting, see if there'd be any price difference if you brought them a black wheel and they only had to do some parts in white.. there's plenty of black wheels out there...

here are the TSW's.. thinking either all gunmetal or the mirror face with gunmetal:

Nurburgring Alloy wheels in matte gunmetal, gunmetal w/ mirror cut face, and matte bronze by TSW | www.TSW.com

Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 AM

I still think you should get wheels you like and then get them painted or powder coated. Heck, I plastidipped the wheels on my old car in white... if you do find a shop that does powercoating or painting, see if there'd be any price difference if you brought them a black wheel and they only had to do some parts in white.. there's plenty of black wheels out there...

here are the TSW's.. thinking either all gunmetal or the mirror face with gunmetal:

Nurburgring Alloy wheels in matte gunmetal, gunmetal w/ mirror cut face, and matte bronze by TSW | www.TSW.com
NICE, I like the gunmetal w/mirror cut face. I called a body shop today to ask how much they charged to powder coat. He said to do what ? Hmmm. He said, oh - we send ours off for that. Not impressed. I'll call some other places tomorrow.

You know - I'm not half bad with a can of spray paint, lol.

Quick Reply: Will these fit?