Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Fully Adjustable Suspension

Old 07-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Fully Adjustable Suspension

Originally Posted by Infinity
If a max of 1.5 degrees of adjustment is needed then these work well. Just press into the stock arms.

28840 - Mercedes Rear Camber Bushings - Specialty Products Company - YouTube
undoubtedly you have not been under the rear of crossfire, we do not havetwo arms on top, we actually have one arm that controls the camber. And just so you know that bushing size for the Mercedes ( he said most Mercedes)
is not the same size as crossfire, In the width or circumference, ., but I'm sure with some electrical tape you can make them fit. jim

P.S. Being Rudy does not Have a crossfire any longer yet still makes great parts for us, I can see why he would just say f*** buy your parts from e bay,and screw up your car.
yes there are other ways and cheaper ways to buy,install, or make parts. so good luck to those that go to a place like e bay to buy any and all parts.
MikeR made the rear camber arm for us, and was in the process of making all the rear links, when he passed away, now Rudy is going one step further, and was making not only the rear all the links,but also the front, I have mine, Rudy made everything for me and I was testing it, so this statement is not for me but for the other members that wanted the Suspension links made the best they could be for our car .jim

Last edited by amx1397; 07-06-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
undoubtedly you have not been under the rear of crossfire, we do not havetwo arms on top, we actually have one arm that controls the camber. And just so you know that bushing size for the Mercedes ( he said most Mercedes)
is not the same size as crossfire, In the width or circumference, ., but I'm sure with some electrical tape you can make them fit. jim

P.S. Being Rudy does not Have a crossfire any longer yet still makes great parts for us, I can see why he would just say f*** buy your parts from e bay,and screw up your car.
yes there are other ways and cheaper ways to buy,install, or make parts. so good luck to those that go to a place like e bay to buy any and all parts.
MikeR made the rear camber arm for us, and was in the process of making all the rear links, when he passed away, now Rudy is going one step further, and was making not only the rear all the links,but also the front, I have mine, Rudy made everything for me and I was testing it, so this statement is not for me but for the other members that wanted the Suspension links made the best they could be for our car .jim
What's with the attitude? I have been under the car and have a pretty good understanding the ******* of a suspension system we are dealing with including the use of parts pulled from various generations of vehicles in the past.

As we all know from company websites they are not always going to have a car specific video. They do have a Crossfire specific part, and I assume that has all the correct dimensions...or lets hope they have done the engineering to make certain their product works. If it does, it offers another solution for those seeking to gain a bit of adjustment.

I have nothing against those that have put forth efforts to fabricate custom parts for these cars, in fact they should be thanked for their time and when successful held up as the go to solution provider once all testing is completed and bugs worked out. As with any car related parts there are good and bad, cheap and expensive, however that does not at all suggest that where a person purchases their parts, directly correlates to the quality of the items purchased. In reality, channels of distribution are no longer as well defined as they once were. Parts move form suppliers to retailers, retailers to online channels, not to mention direct ship and affiliate relationships. Together they serve to move products from the warehouse to the end user, sometimes this means the supplier is attempting to move old stock through low cost deals, or they have a secondary production relationship that feeds specific target audiences or re-boxers. That is not to say the global reach of the web does not serve up low cost subpar spec goods, in fact it is more common if one does not know what to look for. However just because a brand is sold only online, or ships from overseas does not mean that is not a good part. Remember for a long time the brands of the U.S. were seen as much lower quality by those in the parts of the world too. As with anything it is buyer beware.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too was looking forward to a complete set ? Have to wait and see now....

Old 07-07-2013, 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Infinity;747487]What's with the attitude? well I guess working in a auto/wheel/performance/ store, and have 90% of all parts brought in wanting us to install the parts.the Ebay wheels (most of them,(the chrome chips off,), and because we installed them they want us to Warranty there are eBay parts example in the last two weeks we have had two fuel pumps two blow off valves, or that what eBay parts, had failed and they want us to warranty them because it has a manufacturer's name on it, which was illegally put on.
maybe not all parts are bad, but I do see a lot of them. some online vendors may have good parts, I had mentioned eBay, not a known manufacturer, I just hope that when anyone orders from online, I hope you don't get knockoffs, infinity if you were offended by my post, I apologize, the PS was not directed to you but to everybody that buys all the eBay!!!! beware!!!! jim

Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ebay is a great tool for finding good deals on quality parts. You should check it out sometime

Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by turbomar
Ebay is a great tool for finding good deals on quality parts. You should check it out sometime
yea, I will on Feb. 30.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance of letting us know a parts source or the materials used? Would have liked to get the last couple bars I need for full adjustment. Maybe just some pics of the whole set? Interested in what was used for the sway link and all of the items for the front. Thanks for any additional help/info, sorry these never came to light for the masses.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Airscape
Any chance of letting us know a parts source or the materials used? Would have liked to get the last couple bars I need for full adjustment. Maybe just some pics of the whole set? Interested in what was used for the sway link and all of the items for the front. Thanks for any additional help/info, sorry these never came to light for the masses.
The camber arms and sway bar links were custom made so no buying them and the other stuff you can DIY from info posted here on the forum.

I'm very sorry they never came to fruition as well but with everyone offering a solution to this, my very limited free time isn't going to be trying to justify why these would have been better that what you could DIY elsewhere and doing onesy-twosy part sales for people that didn't want to buy an entire kit wasn't in the cards either.

Take care

Old 07-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't suppose you have a test set left over?

Old 07-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rmaier
I don't suppose you have a test set left over?
I'm sorry but I do not.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:19 PM

Yeah! Really too bad about that. If everyone's rear tires look like mine we could all use some adjustable arms.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rcompart
The camber arms and sway bar links were custom made so no buying them and the other stuff you can DIY from info posted here on the forum.

I'm very sorry they never came to fruition as well but with everyone offering a solution to this, my very limited free time isn't going to be trying to justify why these would have been better that what you could DIY elsewhere and doing onesy-twosy part sales for people that didn't want to buy an entire kit wasn't in the cards either.

Take care
Understandable, your work on the crossfire is always appreciated and top notch. Hopefully this hasn't soured any future developments for our aged and misunderstood platform.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Rudy for your efforts. I for 1 would have liked to see this as an option for the fully adjustable rear solution for our cars. Guess we'll just need to keep looking...........