Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Correct lug bolts for mounting Mandrus Millenium wheels

Old 01-09-2018, 06:10 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Correct lug bolts for mounting Mandrus Millenium wheels

I just purchased two sets of Mandrus Millenium wheels and tires for my two Crossfire SRT6 roadsters. The selling company sent me lug nuts instead of the correct lug bolts that are needed. I've researched all the posts on this forum about Mandrus Millenium wheels and can't find any reference to the correct size lug bolts that are needed to install these wheelss. I believe I heard somewhere that the OEM lug bolts are too long and mounting these wheels requires a shorter bolt (but cannot find the proper bolt size anywhere). Also on the Mandrus Millenium wheels the lug bolts are exposed (where as with the OEM wheels the lug bolts are covered by the wheel center cap). Accordingly, I need to find polished stainless steel bolts or less desirable chrome lug bolts. Lastly, early posts on this form all say that our OEM lug bolts have a "spherical seat" but I believe they actually have a "ball seat". Can anyone here point me to the correct lug bolts I need for my wheel installation? Thanks for sharing your experience . . .

Old 01-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Correct lug bolts for mounting Mandrus Millenium wheels

Originally Posted by RED DOG
I just purchased two sets of Mandrus Millenium wheels and tires for my two Crossfire SRT6 roadsters. The selling company sent me lug nuts instead of the correct lug bolts that are needed. I've researched all the posts on this forum about Mandrus Millenium wheels and can't find any reference to the correct size lug bolts that are needed to install these wheelss. I believe I heard somewhere that the OEM lug bolts are too long and mounting these wheels requires a shorter bolt (but cannot find the proper bolt size anywhere). Also on the Mandrus Millenium wheels the lug bolts are exposed (where as with the OEM wheels the lug bolts are covered by the wheel center cap). Accordingly, I need to find polished stainless steel bolts or less desirable chrome lug bolts. Lastly, early posts on this form all say that our OEM lug bolts have a "spherical seat" but I believe they actually have a "ball seat". Can anyone here point me to the correct lug bolts I need for my wheel installation? Thanks for sharing your experience . . .
Spherical seat is a ball shape. The other option is the conical seat which is shaped like a cone.
You could add studs to the hub and you may have more options in wheel nuts rather than wheel studs which would have to be the correct length or modified to suit.
You could measure the length of the current stud that is sticking out when the stud is seated in the OEM wheel and see what is required to achieve the same amount for the new wheels.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-09-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Try calling TireRack. The info is free and they prob have the correct bolts.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Problem is the MB has two different lug bolt sizes, 12mm ball seat for small cars like the Crossfire and 14mm cone seat for larger cars. MB went to all 14mm around 2012.

Bottom line Crossfires are 12mm x 1.5 ball seat 5 on 112 and are hub-centric with a 66.56mm center (that is known to seize but is a different issue). How long a bolt you need depends on the wheel but want to engage at least three full turns before it starts to get tight.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Thanks for the responses . . .

Our forum member RETS (John) has purchased several sets of the Mandrus Millenium wheels for his Crossfires and he sent me a photo of the invoice showing the install kit that Discount Tire provided with his wheels. So . . . It seems like I've gotten the information I needed to solve this issue. Moving cautiously forward . . .

Best regards,
Bob Davis (Red Dog)

Old 01-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Padgett
How long a bolt you need depends on the wheel but want to engage at least three full turns before it starts to get tight.

3 is not nearly enough to trust your life, you want 7 threads!

stick stock bolt through stock rim, measure how far it sticks through the back side.

stick stock bolt through new rim, tell me that dimension out the back side and we can order you the correct lug bolts

or stick the new bolts you ordered through the new rims and compare to the stock length sticking through, they need to be the same on the rears or you will make contact with the ebrake

Old 01-09-2018, 11:40 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Check for yourself (12x1.5 is close to 1/2-20.

However I agree & want at least 5 turns.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Talking Re: Correct lug bolts for mounting Mandrus Millenium wheels

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
3 is not nearly enough to trust your life, you want 7 threads!

stick stock bolt through stock rim, measure how far it sticks through the back side.

stick stock bolt through new rim, tell me that dimension out the back side and we can order you the correct lug bolts

or stick the new bolts you ordered through the new rims and compare to the stock length sticking through, they need to be the same on the rears or you will make contact with the ebrake
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your post and for the clear instructions as to how I can determine the proper bolt length for mounting my new wheels. My supplier is sending me (what they believe to be) the correct lug bolts for these wheels. I will use the method you describe to determine if the bolt length is correct before actually mounting the new wheels. Thanks again . . . I appreciate your expertise and willingness to always share your knowledge . . .

Bob Davis (Red Dog)