Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

SRT-6 and eibachs?

Old 02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-6 and eibachs?

Hello everyone noob here. I picked up my srt-6 last saturday, and I am wondering if I can lower my car with the eibach springs and upgrade my shocks with koni adjustable. When looking on both web sites they only list the crossfire...I know the srt has stiffer spring rates so I don't know if they'll work...Any help would be very helpful...Thanks guys.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SRT-6 and eibachs?

Originally Posted by sohc808
Hello everyone noob here. I picked up my srt-6 last saturday, and I am wondering if I can lower my car with the eibach springs and upgrade my shocks with koni adjustable. When looking on both web sites they only list the crossfire...I know the srt has stiffer spring rates so I don't know if they'll work...Any help would be very helpful...Thanks guys.
the eibach springs for the crossfire won't work on the SRT; the SRT springs are some 40 or 50% stiffer than a stock XF; i don't think the eibachs compensate for this -

Old 02-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cross-match the part numbers and spring/shock specs with an SLK32 and they should work. Just remember though the lower you go, the harsher the ride usually gets...While the stock ride is tolerable, you might want to think twice about adding to this harshness, especially if you do much distance driving over less then perfect roads...

Old 02-23-2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by respdoc
Cross-match the part numbers and spring/shock specs with an SLK32 and they should work. Just remember though the lower you go, the harsher the ride usually gets...While the stock ride is tolerable, you might want to think twice about adding to this harshness, especially if you do much distance driving over less then perfect roads...
I was thinking about the harshness, But the car needs be lowered as it sits to high. I was looking at the kw website also. I might go with coilovers if I can find bigger sway bars. I don't do to much long distance driving anyway. My average distance is about 12 miles a day. I have been searching the forums and found some parts for the crossfire but not for the srt. The CTD website looks good but I don't understand german. The renntech site looks good also.
Being new to the car, Some of the SLK32 parts will work but I don't know much about that car also...BTW thank you all for your replies...

Old 02-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the H&R Cup Kit in mine (see gallery) and I'm gonna be adding this! Contact: guettler@CTD-Germany.com if you are interested!

Old 02-23-2006, 05:48 PM

Thanks Cyril. But I searched tire rack and the only listing they had for my srt was the H&R lowering springs. The H&R cup kit looks really good though. Hopefully they'll make them for the srt, I'll keep looking...

Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The aftermarket springs KW, H&R, EIBACH have the same preload as the OEM SRT6 springs. They may not have the same height and someone would have to do the measurements... You can remove your OEM springs and shave the upper spring pad and this will lower the car a bit. All of the aftermarket springs and dampers for the Limited will fit the SRT6. Your best bet is with the KW system even though the system is not coil-over on the rear... They are still ride height adjustable... If you can find a fully adjustable coil-over you will be able to fine tune the corner weighting of the suspension. Good Luck

Old 04-28-2006, 12:46 PM

So, has anyone actually installed the H&R or the Eibach's on their SRT6?
Everyone says they fit, but does anyone have them?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:29 PM

I recently installed the Eibachs. See my comments under a different thread.

Old 06-23-2007, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by former NXMX5
the eibach springs for the crossfire won't work on the SRT; the SRT springs are some 40 or 50% stiffer than a stock XF; i don't think the eibachs compensate for this -
I searched several web sites and they all gave the same part # for a regular XFire & an SRT6. I'm going to be doing the install today along with installing a K-MAC rear camber kit and a Chrysler front camber kit, It's 5:42 a.m. here in Indiana, I'm going to start as some as I get some coffee in me and some breakfast. But one thing I found was strange is the Chrysler alignment said that the SRT6 had more negative camber than the regular coupe. The strange thing is, if the camber is not adjustable how could it have more negative camber unless the lower control arms were longer.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:35 PM

Could the camber difference be due to a difference in installed (loaded) length of the springs?

How did your installation go?

Old 06-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by alexgchris
Could the camber difference be due to a difference in installed (loaded) length of the springs?

How did your installation go?
I think the SRT6 sets a wee bit higher than a regular coupe, so if the lower control arms are the same, with a stiffer or longer spring that would give it a more positive camber, but thats just my opinion. On the install the rear went good, I just took the lower control arms completely off, installed the new adjustable camber bushings, put in the new springs and put the control arms back on using a floor jack. The OEM bushings were a PITA to get out though, you can read about that on one of the other Eibach threads. The front wasn't too bad, I took the top control arms loose from under the hood, disconnected the sway bar, took out the bottom shock bolt and used a strut spring compressor to compress the spring enough to get it out. I had to turn the steering wheel all the way to one side to get enough slack in the brake line to push the lower control arm down enough to get the spring out. Then set the OEM spring beside the Eibach one and used the spring compressor on it in the same place it was mounted on the OEM one and put it right in. I didn't even have to take the caliper or anything else off. But the nut on the upper control arm on the right side is a real PITA to get to.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 PM

No wonder why I paid a $1,000 to a Mercedes dealership just to install my H&R cup kit!
It took them 3 days to finish it too!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Red face Re: SRT-6 and eibachs?

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
No wonder why I paid a $1,000 to a Mercedes dealership just to install my H&R cup kit!
It took them 3 days to finish it too!
i paid $150 for my eibach install (to an 'after hour' m/b mechanic) and not one issue.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 PM

Andrew,
I thought you added a #1 and #2 pads in your springs. Can you please elaborate how it can help the suspension?

Old 06-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyril Baldwin
Andrew,
I thought you added a #1 and #2 pads in your springs. Can you please elaborate how it can help the suspension?
i thought about changing the spring pads but never did so... the pads are still factory.

the pads usually aid in adjusting or fine tuning the ride height. the thicker the pad... the higher the car will sit... and vice versa.

cheers.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Eracer76
So, has anyone actually installed the H&R or the Eibach's on their SRT6?
Everyone says they fit, but does anyone have them?
I've installed an Eibach set on my SRT6, I also installed the Chrysler front camber kit and a K-MAC rear camber kit. The Chrysler front kit is non adjustable, it will only give you 3 degrees + or 3 - from OEM spec. I took it to the local dealership a couple days ago to get a 4 wheel alignment, the front kit had the camber sitting right on the OEM spec, but had thrown the tow way off. The rear is an adjustable kit and I set it as close as I could with measurements I took before I put the Eibach springs in. The alignment guy said I had one side on the rear right on the money on camber and the other was just a hair off, but the rear tow was also way off. I had adjustable tow bushings that came with the rear camber kit but, I didn't install them. I did take them with me when I dropped off the car just incase they were needed. I got lucky though, the rear tow is OEM adjustable. After everything is done now, the front dropped a little over an inch and the rear dropped about 3/4 on an inch. The car rides more like the '04 coupe that I had and I think the softer spring helps transfer a little more weight to the rear for better traction when you get on it at a stop or lower speeds.

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 07-07-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish I had jumped in on this thread earlier, I could have pointed you in the direction of some springs that would have lowered it 1.75"

http://www.tunertools.com/proddetail...rod=SPS%2D5080

And the guys over at TunerTools are giving an additional 5% discount on all products to Crossfire Forum members...

Old 07-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by HDDP
I wish I had jumped in on this thread earlier, I could have pointed you in the direction of some springs that would have lowered it 1.75"

http://www.tunertools.com/proddetail...rod=SPS%2D5080

And the guys over at TunerTools are giving an additional 5% discount on all products to Crossfire Forum members...
I don't think I would want the front any lower, it dropped well over an inch. And with the front camber bolt kit installed, it was like putting a 10 to 20mm spacer on. After getting all the alignment taken care of the front tires seem to be pushed out quite a bit more than before. As for the rear, I told the alignment guy to look around to see if he could any reason why it didn't drop as low as I expected, and he couldn't find any thing. It don't look too bad, and will give me a good excuse too get some bigger tires to fill out the rear fender. Probably some 275's or 285's. Also I had said in one of these spring threads earlier that the SRT6 ran more negative camber, I was given the wrong info. After talking with the alignment guy again he said he had told me that because all the other SRT line ups do, but he said all the Crossfire's run the same.

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 07-07-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Forum Regular

Message Deleted

Last edited by AMGLover; 09-05-2007 at 07:42 PM.

Quick Reply: SRT-6 and eibachs?