Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

More star treatment!

Old 07-16-2004, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More star treatment!

It still amazes me how this car gets star treatment, even after almost a year.

I went to a cocktail party tonight for a work function (new magazine launch) and drove up to one of those swanky Newport Beach restaurants with valet parking only and room for maybe 8 cars up front, and the rest go down the road to a lot. I pulled ahead of the valet (part way down the road) and dropped off the car.

While I was in the restaurant, a few friends came in later and asked if that was my Crossfire out front. I didn't realize they had backed it up and parked it in one of the coveted 8 spots and was feeling pretty good.

But that was nothing compared to the smile I had when I walked out of the restaurant...in the 6 spots on the far left were the usual variety of Newport Porsches, Jags, BMers, and a Ferrari backed into each spot. In the last two spots on the right, directly in front of me, was the Crossfire, parked SIDEWAYS so everyone who walked out the front door saw that beautiful styling instead of just her back end. WOW...that was a first for me. Pretty fun!! 8)

Old 07-16-2004, 07:31 AM

My wife and I like choosing the restaurants where we can set outside on the deck and observe the people walking around the roadster , usually I have the top down, they look inside and out side, always in admiration. Everyone asks about it.

Old 07-16-2004, 10:29 AM

you both suck.... j/k....

Corssfireless in Carlsbad....
8)

Old 07-16-2004, 10:37 AM

I loved the star treatment feel!!! I Would go to the local ice cream shops and people would literally flock around me with questions... but now in Michigan... its far from a rare car in Oakland County... and most of the Xfire owners are VERY rude... so people are getting the same impression for all Xfire owners...

Really upsets me... cuz I love to talk about my car to ANYONE... my friends always joke around with me about it... cuz i'd be there getting food with them but I'd go off and take to like 5 people starring at my car for about 20 mins haha!

The star treatment still happens when I head north... I live in Genesee County during the summer... and for now its a rare car here... only a couple owners in Grand Blanc but thats it...

Have fun with the star treatment while it lasts!! and if a dealer is having a huge SALE on them... blame them for food poisioning in their coffee or something so they dont sell them in your area... LOL ... horrid the goodness for yourselves!!!!! :twisted:

Old 07-16-2004, 06:37 PM

That's really cool......I am not ready to let a valet driver drive mine yet though

Old 07-17-2004, 04:06 PM
RGT

" only a couple owners in Grand Blanc but thats it..."

Not quite...
The first two sold in Genesee county were sold in Clio, I bought the second.
The first four were registered in Clio(2) Flint and Grand blanc.(That was Four months ago)
Now I see one in Beecher/Mt Morris, and another in Burton, regularly.

I still get asked about it nearly every time I pull out of the driveway, and at one point during my recent trip to Toronto, I couldn't back out of a parking space because of the crowd checking out my car!

Matt
By the way... Howdy!

Old 07-17-2004, 04:34 PM

Hey RGT... wtf are you talking about... Clio is GB lol... just like GB is flint... Genesee county is so small I dont even call those places you listed seperate things... and you sorta missed a Goodrich register also.. cuz I'm one of them... but I bought mine from Auburn Hills "Palace" dealer...

and I swear if I learn your one of them basterds that dont wave when I wave like mad as I past by... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RGT Where do you live in GB?! I'm sure I've seen you before cuz I'm always up at Ziggy's or the Q'udoba ... We should meet up in GB sometime Get the Xfire's together!

and by the way! Howdy back Matt!! Good to see a fellow Michigan Xfire owner on the site! I know it means you have more sense then the rest of the dirt basterds that own them in Birmingham.. :evil: as you can see im bitter...

Old 07-17-2004, 05:25 PM
RGT

I've never had a problem with other owners being stuck-up... until I go around Clarkston where my wife works!
Then I see what you talk about, It's like they're pissed that you own the same vehicle.
C'mon, it's just a freakin' car!

I don't live in GB, I'm in Clio. Not far from Auto City. I work in Flint, but otherwise try to avoid it.

I may have seen your car, were you at the white horse in Flint a few days ago?

Matt

Old 07-17-2004, 05:36 PM

Heck ya I live there... I've grown up with Jon Poulos since 5th grade! ... so we are there all the F'ing time... Poulos family owns the White Horse... so if you ever see a Xfire up there ... thats me !

That morning we were there eating before the Drift Event there at Auto City...

Old 07-17-2004, 05:52 PM
RGT

Yea! That was the day!
I had meant to get to the race but, stuff happens...

I ALMOST pulled in to see who owned the CF.
Wish I had now!

Gotta take the Battle-axe out to dinner... er my dear sweet wife, I mean!

Type at ya later,
M

Old 07-18-2004, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by CyberGreg
you both suck.... j/k....

Corssfireless in Carlsbad....
8)
what is this about? You have some sort of problem? I don't appreciate the comment one bit, how about a name j/k.

Old 08-10-2004, 10:19 PM

It's because he's jealous!! Not being vindictive!

Old 08-11-2004, 10:44 AM

Hey, I haven't noticed a "j/k" in years!

"j/k" Stands for (or used to wwaayy back in the 80's) "Just Kidding", back before the Great Smilie Coup. Many a brave mud'der damaged thier colon's that day, I can tell you. (Gracious in Defeat)