Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I AM VERY ANNOYED!

Old 07-18-2004, 08:43 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I AM VERY ANNOYED!

See my latest post in : https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...?p=24765#24765

Old 07-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Forum Regular

Which dealer do you use?

If they give poor service, they should be named and shamed.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:01 AM
Forum Regular

Knowl Hill in Tywford.

I just called them. They said the door handle they were due to replace either had the wrong part code or they ordered the wrong one. So it is on re-order. Why couldn't they phone me to tell me this???? Also, the illuminated door sills, they say they are supposed to work like this, stay on for 4 seconds only. lol. I informed them they didn't work that way new and that other people have confirmed this and confirmed what the problem is. They will look further into this today. But I'm still stuck without a car. I told him either I pick it up later today and wait for the parts to come in or he has to give me a cover car as I need something for tomorrow. They will call me later. Grrr.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Forum Regular

OK, spoken to the dealer. I'm picking my car up this afternoon. They have done the wind noise TSB and replaced the speaker behind the drivers seat. Still outstanding though is a new drivers outside door handle (they ordered a part but it was some internal mechanism. Does anyone know the correct part for this as the dealer doesn't seem to be able to find it??!!), and still to fix the illuminated door sills. The dealer says he can't find any documentation on how they are supposed to work. e.g. They should stay on as long as the interior light is on. He said they were not connected. However I told him they were and to sit in the car in the dark, door shut, turn on the interior light and you will see the blue glow at the bottom of the doors come on so they are connected. He is still investigating this but worst case he has to order me a new set.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Forum Regular

Saldous,

I use Swain & Jones in Farnham. Their Service Manager is called Alan Barlow. He seems to know a bit about their range of cars. I haven't needed to test his knowledge on the XF, but if you want to give him a call, his number is 01252 747447.

I think that you should get your sills working without resorting to a replacement set. They do not seem to be faulty. Sounds like the dealer is simply trying to shift responsibility for fixing the problem. I reckon that the new set will have the same issue. I could be interested if you do end up with a spare set.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular

The actual sills work ok. It is their control box that is at fault. I've told the dealer this but he thinks he has to order a whole new set. He is still looking into this though. thanks for the contact info. If my dealer can't find the door handle part code I'll give Alan a call.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular

Got my car back now. So only outstanding items are door sills and door handle. Chap at garage had no idea of time scales for door handle. Door sills said he would let me know by end of the week if he can repair or replace them.

Old 07-19-2004, 10:58 AM

Didn't you install the sills yourself ??

Old 07-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Forum Regular

Yes, and they worked fine for 2 weeks until they started playing up. Another user on this forum had the same problem with sills installed by their dealer and found the transformer box to be faulty which after some tests I believe mine is also faulty. They are covered under warranty anyway so the dealer should still fix them whoever installed them.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:06 PM

I agree the dealer should replace them if they supplied them.

IF they didn't supply or fit them, I'm surprised they are looking at it to be honest. Dont see why they should technically - maybe thats just me being synical ??

Old 07-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Forum Regular

They are an approved Crossfire accessory and covered by warranty. If I fit them, if another dealer fits them it doesn't matter. They are 3 weeks old and don't work properly so they should fix them. It is like saying your engine is broke and they shouldn't fix that! That is what warranties are for. It doesn't matter which dealer carries out the warranty work, I can go anywhere in the country and get warranty work done.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly doubt that your factory warranty covers accessories you add later.

Old 07-19-2004, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by David Burns
I highly doubt that your factory warranty covers accessories you add later.
My point exactly. IF you fitted them yourself surely you void the manufacturers warranty, that in the small print says a trained technician has to install them (as with 99% of other car stuff these days) ??

As I said if you are qualified then yes I agree the warranty should be honoured.

And it's nothing like me going back to get my engine replaced. The car came with it, and I haven't touched it, so yes it's covered by the warranty. If I change the exhaust and induction and get it chipped thats likely to void the warranty if they want to be picky ! :roll:

Old 07-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Forum Regular

The sills themselves have their own warranty. A part only 3 weeks old should not fail. As it is a Chrysler approved accessory, i.e. the dealers sell them as well, it doesn't matter who carries out the work to fix them. OK, maybe the engine was a bad comparison. How about the radio then. Most of you have fitted your own replacement radios using a sinple plug and play ISO connector. If the new one failed within a few weeks you would expect the shop or another shop within the same chain to either fix or replace it. Most items have a 30 day money back guarantee in the UK if you are not satisfied. The point is, they did work, now they dont and they are only 3 weeks old. Fitting them is a sinch with only two wires so the install can not cause them to be faulty. They have their own warranty and should be repaired. I'm not asking for new ones, I just want them working. Another member on the forum had the same problem and diagnosed it to be the control box for the sills, I did some tests and found the same problem. According to the other member the problem is known by Chrysler and they may be working on a TSB for it. The install instructions do not request or specify that a trained dealer installs them, it is just a set of pictures and if you really want the see them look in my album at the last 4 images on the second page.

My dealer is happy to do the work and has not complained so I don't get your problem? The only thing I am after some help on is:

a) some specification documentation that explains how the sills should work (the fitting instructions available just tell you how to fit them, not how they are expected to work) and
b) the part code for a new door handle.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:07 AM

I dont have a problem, just find your approach to this very strange, all I can say is good luck getting them fixed !