Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 11:25 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts
Default CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017

****Please check back and look over the first four posts in this thread every week or so as this thread is a work in progress****

And off we go!

This year, the Crossfires will again meet in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
Back in 2015 we had a TREMENDOUS time, even though a tropical storm rained on us the first three days.
A slideshow of photos from our event in 2015 >>Crossfires Across America CAA6 Ozarks Slideshow

Please check back here weekly as we continue to work out some details and think back to 2015
We learned a lot of things about the area and will be incorporating some changes based on what we know.
Our planning team includes Pizzaguy - Mark, 2005Xfire - Annette, RedDog - Bob, Valk - Gary, Kalway - Gene, Peggy Hill - Peggy, Mr Miata - Greg and Sherri

Our host hotel has changed for this event but only 1 mile south from our previous host hotel.
We will stay at the :

Best Western Inn of the Ozarks

207 W. Van Buren,
Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Their website: Eureka Springs AR Hotel - Best Western Inn of the Ozarks

We have blocked 60 rooms at $80 a night plus a few taxes.
When calling, indicate to the desk person that you are with the "Crossfire Group" or "CAA 8".
We will have new amenities available to make our group easier for the hotel to handle - and our time together go smoothly.

Hey, I need from all of you:

Screen Name (which is on your post)
City and State (which is usually on your post)
First Name(s) of persons attending
How many Crossfires you will be bringing and what color/variation(Base/Limited/SRT/Coupe-Roadster)/year.
This information will be put in Post 2 and also recorded for our planning efforts and your name tags.

You can go back and amend your post anytime (I think) if not, please message me here or just make a second post.
We will have name tags for you and we also kinda need to know how many cars we will be parking and going on runs.
There is a LOT of planning to do, keep in mind we are limited in what planning we can do without knowing the above information as early as possible.
A planning team is already in place so don't fear - this will not be "Pizza's one man show" - who would drive across the USA for THAT?

Last edited by Valk; 02-13-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:27 PM
Administrator
Default List of Attendees

Attending

TwoFast - John and Peggy - Eureka Springs, Arkansas - Yellow 05 Roadster
Valk - Gary - Aurora, Illinois -
SSB 04 Coupe
Pizzaguy - Mark - Cumming, Georgia -
Red 07 SE Roadster
2005XFire - Annette - Orland Park, Illinois - Graphite 05 Roadster
RedDog - Bob and Cindy - Key Largo, Florida -
(one of their three SRTs)
Kalway - Gene and Karla - Saint Cloud, Minnesota -
Aero Blue 07 Roadster
Ala_Xfire - George - Lineville, Alabama -
Red 05 Roadster
bmccubbin - Bob - Olathe, Kansas -
Alabaster 05 Roadster
atd - Al and Alex - Mountain Home, Arkansas -
Alabaster 06 Coupe
Dedwards0323 - Dennis and Roberta - Upstate, South Carolina -
Machine Gray 07 Coupe

James1549 - James and Tammi - Cincinnati, Ohio -
Red 04 Coupe
cmz - Janet and Carlo - Casper, Wyoming -
Graphite 05 SRT Roadster
Texas T - Danny and Sonia - Wills Point, Texas -
Aero Blue 05 SRT Coupe
Thorne - Thorn and Margaret -
Greensboro, North Carolina -
Graphite 05 SRT Roadster
ewaynec - Wayne and Mary - Florence, Alabama -
Aero Blue 05 Roadster - (friends Bob and Bets with their Tbird)
Danimal - Dan - Yulee, Florida -
'14 Jeep Rubicon X
Winfield63 - Bob - Washington -
Casper, Wyoming - SRT Roadster
Ron Marx - Ron and Bee - South Fork, Colorado - Graphite 05 SRT Roadster
iris0764- Susan and Eric - Chico, California -
Alabaster 06 Roadster
---- - Randy - Brunswick, Georgia - Alabaster 05 Roadster

AKING57 - Andrew - Apex, North Carolina - Black 05 Roadster

lojimmy94 - Daniel and Kendry - Houston Texas - Alabaster 04 Coupe
Bobby08coupe - Bob and Patti - Eureka Springs, Arkansas - Aero Blue 08 Coupe
DKAwildcat - Don & Susan - Olathe, Kansas - 08 Inferno Red Limited Roadster.
htimothyh - Tim & Jeanette - Lake Orion, Michigan - 08 Roadster Limited Silver Metallic
Crossfirefrank - Frank & Sue - Grass Lake, Michigan - 05 Graphite Roadster
Osofast2 - Ray & Susan - Lexington, Kentucky - 05 Black Roadster (40th Anniversary)
dcjordan -
Dennis & Pat - Carthage, Texas - 07 Silver Coupe
Robert Andrew - Robert & Brenda - Lee's Summit, Missouri - 05 SRT Coupe or 06 SRT Roadster
bluecoupe - Steve & Danelia -Grimsby, Ontario - 05 Alabaster Coupe

cg80 - Carl - M
yrtle Beach, South Carolina - 04 Red Coupe
#### - Grace and (dog)Yale - Mount Hill, Washington - Black Base Coupe
Iamfink2 - Pat & Mickie - Laurel, Maryland - 05 SSB Roadster
BLACK FIRE - Leon - Veermillion, South Dakota - 06 Black Limited Roadster
JSK -
Jeff & Bernie - Mesa Arizona - Aero Blue
Alabaster05 - Ken - Illinois - 05 Alabaster Coupe
smfrycruzr - Terry - Yukon, Oklahoma -
07 SSB Coupe
DC'XFire - Diane - Yukon, Oklahoma - 05 Alabaster Roadster
Nunizo - Phil & Dawn - Sunrise Beach, Missouri - 04 Alabaster Coupe
msxfire - Lisa - Macomb, Michigan - 05 Gray Roadster

#### - Mark - Santa Clara, California - one of his three Crossfires
Joyce Knowles - Eureka Springs, Arkansas - Coupe
Eric Knowles - Eureka Springs -
Roadster
Garjoe05 - Joe and Terri - Texas - 05 AeroBlue Limited Coupe
#### - Bob and Patti - Eureka Springs, Arkansas - 08 Blue Coupe

UPDATED ANNOUNCEMENTS

I'd like to announce that arrangements have been made for a group dinner buffet at the Best Western of the Ozarks during our CAA8 Eureka Springs event
These arrangements have been made by another local Crossfire owner who we met in 2015 and lives right there in Eureka Springs
The dinner buffet will be held at our host hotel at 6:30pm on Tuesday evening
For all the info about the buffet please read post #1 in this separate thread link below......
click >>
CAA8 Group Dinner Buffet - Tuesday June 27, 2017

Also CAA8 custom made T-Shirts are now available for order and will be at the hotel when you arrive !!
Click this link below to take you to the thread where you can see the shirts and view the ways to place your orders.
Order forms are in PDF file and Word Doc format and may not be visible on mobile devices but should be visible on any home computer
click >> CAA8 - Event T-Shirt Order Information

Last edited by pizzaguy; 06-24-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Group Dinner and T-Shirt order info has been added
Old 12-29-2016, 11:27 PM
Administrator
Default Suggested Routes

These are the popular tourist routes in the area (traveled FAR less than, say, roads around the Dragon).

And we have a local Crossfire owner (John and Peggy TwoHawks) that have showed us some really good runs that take you less than 1 hour from the hotel - I will try to post the one route I know soon.

ABOUT ROUTE 1A - When Pizzaguy was working in the area a few years ago, he discovered "The Natural Bridge" which is a stone bridge over an erroded rock formation that was formed naturally - but it LOOKS like someone built it.

One more option: For those who like to walk, we will also pass by a very unusual foot trial just south of Jasper that circles a tall natural rock formation. This is the sight of a WWII era military plane crash - one engine is near the trail. There is a stairway up to the top that takes you to an old Indian ceremonial ground. This option will cost us almost an hour to go visit and you want to carry a LOT of insect repellent. The climb is steep but if you don't hurry most of us can make it. Pizzaguy will make at least one trip up there during the week unless there is CONSTANT rain or no interest.

In the slide shows that Gary (VALK) Wemple made, you will see us riding a ferry. Mrs. Thorne Hall found a pamphlet in a restaurant that described a motorcycle tour that included a Ferry ride - and we incorporated part of their route to make "The Peel Ferry Run". This is an example of how we can plan all we want to - but the fact is, EVERYONE in attendance can contribute - this was a last-minute idea and frankly, it was a VERY fun day.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 01-01-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Administrator
Default Other Area Attractions and Activities

What is there to do other than drive around all day?

We are so glad you asked. Last time, we went for a ride on a Lunch Train (best food of the trip for me!); we drove Outdoor Go-Karts (FINALLY a chance to run someone off the road without regard for what it will do to the car); went shopping in what has to be an almost magic place - old town Eureka Springs; met a local (who owns a Crossfire) and listened to some of his native American flute music and stories; many went to Branson, Missouri - either the days leading up to CAA6 or during the week of CAA6.

And FOOD! See, here is the thing. Chefs from all over come to Eureka Springs and either find work or start their own restaurant; they make a lot less money than say, in New York City - but they live so much cheaper. (I got this from a young waitress with the Railroad - her mother is their head chef). I do not think you can name a cuisine that you cant find in Eureka Springs, and anywhere I (Pizzaguy) went, I found the prices ranging from "reasonable" to what I'd call "Affordable Fine Dinning".

I should mention that there is a trolley car service that runs a maintained route and schedule all day long. Many stayed behind as we did our runs to take advantage of the shopping opportunities. Full information on their services can be found here: Eureka Springs Transit Welcome to Eureka Springs Transit

There are unique things to see, for example:

Thorncrown Glass Chapel

Thorncrown Glass Chapel ....... Only minutes from our hotel
Thorncrown Chapel Nestled in a woodland setting, Thorncrown Chapel rises forty-eight feet into the Ozark sky. This magnificent wooden structure contains 425 windows and over 6,000 square feet of glass. It sits atop over 100 tons of native stone and colored flagstone, making it blend perfectly with its setting. The chapel's simple design and majestic beauty combine to make it what critics have called "one of the finest religious spaces of modern times."

Since the chapel opened in 1980, over six million people have visited this woodland sanctuary. Designed by renowned architect E. Fay Jones, Thorncrown has won numerous architectural awards such as the American Institute of Architects’ Design of the Year Award for 1981 and AIA’s prestigious 25 Year Award. Recently, members of the American Institute of Architects placed Thorncrown Chapel fourth on its list of the top buildings of the twentieth century.

Thorncrown Chapel is located on Highway 62 West just outside of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. There is no admission fee, but donations are accepted. We have ample parking for buses and RVs. So, while in the Ozarks, stop by what many have called one of the most beautiful and inspiring chapels in the world.

And this looks like a full day's experience:

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

Home - Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art

About Crystal Bridges: The mission of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is to welcome all to celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the power of art with the beauty of nature. Crystal Bridges takes its name from a nearby natural spring and the bridge construction incorporated in the building, designed by world-renowned architect Moshe Safdie.

A series of pavilions nestled around two spring-fed ponds house galleries, meeting and classroom spaces, and a large, glass-enclosed gathering hall. Guest amenities include a restaurant on a glass-enclosed bridge overlooking the ponds, a Museum Store designed by architect Marlon Blackwell, and a library featuring more than 50,000 volumes of art reference material.

Sculpture and walking trails link the Museum's 120-acre park to downtown Bentonville, Arkansas.

I'd never heard of it before either:

The Arkansas Grand Canyon

Arkansas Has A Beautiful Grand Canyon

"Who knew Arkansas had a Grand Canyon? While it may not be as deep as the one out West, the canyon here in the Natural State offers some truly breathtaking views. It’s located along gorgeous Scenic Byway 7 and is only a few miles from the town of Jasper. Along Scenic Byway 7 you’ll find places to pull off the road and gaze out at the vast Big Creek Valley. There’s also a lookout tower and spots where you can book a stay. For a map to this awe-inspiring locale, click this link."

Last edited by pizzaguy; 01-01-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:50 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts
Default re: CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017

I hope you all have read the posts that are here that precede this one
I hope you will join us and you to can see this in June 2017......
And here is a look back to this event in 2015 >>>
Crossfires Across America CAA6 Ozarks

Last edited by Valk; 01-08-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:54 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default re: CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017

Put Greg and Sherri on the list.. #1 slot.. LOL

Old 12-30-2016, 12:07 AM

Put me on the list too
I cant imagine not being there again for another great event !!

If you missed the link in the previous post here it is again
Photos from this event from CAA6 - Summer 2015
Crossfires Across America CAA6 Ozarks

Last edited by Valk; 01-02-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please add me to the list. Had such a great time in 2015, despite Hurricane Bill, and last year with Gene, Karla, John Two Hawks and Peggy. I'd gladly go back.

Thanks for taking the lead on this. Let me know what I can do to help.
Annette

Old 12-30-2016, 08:20 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Count me in .......
( But I agree with Mark, that IS a very long drive for me, but I did it once, I'll do it again )

George - 1 - red roadster - Lineville, AL

Last edited by ala_xfire; 12-30-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Please add me to the list.
Bob McCubbin
Olathe, KS
05 Alabaster Roadster

Old 12-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

EDIT 01/04/17: Hotel reservation made! Checking in Sunday June 25th . . . Checking out Friday June 30th! YEAH!

Please put Bob & Cindy (Key Largo FL) on the list of attendees . . . If we're still sucking air and taking nourishment, we'll be there! 2005 SSB SRT6 Roadster

Last edited by RED DOG; 06-08-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Please put Dan 'n Brenda on the list.

Edit: We will have one Crossfire, our black SRT-6 roadster

Last edited by InfernoRedXfire; 12-31-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:16 PM
atd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son and I will be there! we live in mtn. home AR . we are building his white coupe for showing. if anyone heading there has any problems I have a shop with a lift and tools. auto trim design 718 s main.
870-424-3767

Old 12-30-2016, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Hey, I need from all of you:

Screen Name (which is on your post)
City and State (which is usually on your post)
First Name(s) of persons attending
How many Crossfires you will be bringing
This information will be put in Post 2 and also recorded for our planning efforts.

You can go back and amend your post anytime (I think) if not, please message me here or just make a second post.

It is WAY too early to say, but I'm sure we will have name tags for you and we also kinda need to know how many cars we will be parking and going on runs. There is a LOT of planning to do, keep in mind we are limited in what planning we can do without knowing the above information as early as possible. A planning team is already in place so don't feat - this will not be "Pizza's one man show" - who would drive across the USA for THAT?

Old 12-30-2016, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - Summer 2017

Barbara and I are interested with our SRT-6 Roadster

Last edited by CarlS; 12-30-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017

Mark , Is this a CICCI event ? Run ? Organised?

Old 12-30-2016, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by GWN05
Mark , Is this a CICCI event ? Run ? Organised?
I can answer that
No it is not

Old 12-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts
Default Re: CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017

Put us down.

Dennis & Roberta
Upstate SC
2007 Machine Gray Limited Coupe (1)

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-02-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:16 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Our host hotel has changed, we will stay at the Best Western Inn of the Ozarks, their website:
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/bo...ogle:gmb:04030

We have no contract in place but will have one in a few days - should be 60 rooms at $80 a night plus a few taxes. We are working on both king and double queen rooms and expect the contract to be in place by January 6th. We will have more amenities available to make our group easier for the hotel to handle and our time together go smoothly.
Nice facility. I looked at both Best Westerns in Eureka Springs a few days ago. Either one would be a nice place to stay.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Dates and hotel are set - no contract in place but you can now start your planning!
Peggy TwoHawks has done the homework - thanks Peggy!

See Post 1 and thread title !!!!!

Quick Reply: CAA#8 (Crossfires Across America #8) Eureka Springs, Arkansas - June 25-30 2017