Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

chrysler or mercedes service

Old 02-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: chrysler or mercedes service

I'm a car-smart guy who no longer enjoys crawling around on the ground working on his vehicles. (Detailing is relaxing and fun, though.) You mentioned you had an extended warranty -- if it will be honored if you take the car to an M-B dealer then by all means do so. But the forum advice is that if you don't work on it yourself, find a reputable and experienced indie shop that cares for M-B and have them do the work. I don't see your home city on your CP but if you post it, the members may have recommendations for good shops.

PS - The SRT6 forum is more DIYer and into mods than the n/a forum.

PPS - And Chuk_138;: the "fat girl" across the street. Is that really necessary? You don't knowwhat the babe across the street from you calls you...and it may not be "stud".

Old 02-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

She plays for both teams if you catch my drift, but we are friends. I have my lady and don't concern myself with what other women think. Although I keep getting told I'm unaware of all the girls that flirt with me when I'm out and about. My point was that just about any woman that can smile at a guy can get them to help with things like that. We all tend to think with our little heads.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hmmm... guess that explains a water pump...

Old 02-27-2015, 12:24 AM

Funny Greg...Diana is a personal friend and I couldn't leave her stranded up there. I didn't see anyone else volunteer to fix her car instead of go on a run that day. Plus it was Kim and I that encouraged her to drive up to the Dragon.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:38 AM

Ahh.. so we can help out just as a friend.. as in installing a replacement stereo and changing out headlight markers like I did for a local here.. Just checking..

Old 02-27-2015, 01:04 AM

I changed Tom Davies' headlights while standing around BSing in the parking lot. And he's not my type! lol. Add to that the 15+ cars that I've fixed here in Florida free of charge. And some of those I've helped don't have a nice thing to say about me, but I helped them anyways. What's that got to do with the price of rice in China????

Old 02-27-2015, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
We all tend to think with our little heads.
Originally Posted by chuK_138
I changed Tom Davies' headlights while standing around BSing in the parking lot. And he's not my type! lol. Add to that the 15+ cars that I've fixed here in Florida free of charge. And some of those I've helped don't have a nice thing to say about me, but I helped them anyways. What's that got to do with the price of rice in China????

Just your statement.. like you have other reasons other than just helping out an owner. Several members are above that.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:07 PM
Received 376 Likes on 326 Posts

I like working on my cars. Hell a few days/weeks/months (getting feeble not sure exactly when) after bringing home my NEW XF, we took the whole front facia off because I could not get the headlights out of the little hole they said it would come out. It was fun, entertaining (because it was so clean I didn't get all kinds o crap in my eyes and the screws weren't rusted/gooped up with mud), and did I mention a lot of fun? I did this to change the OEM bulbs to Sylvania SS Ultras (which are still going strong no burnouts or problems low or high beams). Love the teardown, love the put-together (providing nothing broken or extra) and cannot figure out what is in some engineers minds when they put this or that in the locations they do without regard for access down the road (engineers, been there done that, and still do). Just lately, physical health issues are curbing both my enthusiasm and ability to self help. I just wish I could pop off that dang tranny tube cover without having to buy a new one (or tool). Have the long thick nylon tie-wrap with the measurement to get the level right but dang it there should be a 'dip-stick' for this dipstick to self check it warm (and only warm as there is quite the chart for fluid temp/reading). Yeah, back to that engineers thing again... XF's RULE forever!

Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JDoerter
Thanks for all the BS - I own the car and am a single female - not a mechanic.
LOL... Once in awhile you will get this when it is so "out of line" on price. My advice to you for those repairs is an independent shop, or any shop that does service work. Someone handy with cars you may know could do this repair. You can buy the stabilizer on ebay...or the gaskets at Needswing.com. Hell. DJ may be close to you.... He would probably do it for you.... Don't get upset, but reach out to those in your area, and maybe they can help. To you other guys, not everyone is handy with doing repairs... My wife won't open a hood, she tells me that is what I am for....go figure.... There are repairs I won't do and can't do because of tools needed, or a lift is needed. This ole' man doesn't do "ground" well anymore... Head up JDoerter, and tell them to kiss your behind...they are used to it....lol

Old 03-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Hell. DJ may be close to you
He's about 3 hours away down I10 in Sierra Vista