Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Electromagnetic clutch out on SC

Old 04-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Electromagnetic clutch out on SC

Gee . . . I'm so happy to be "friends" with both of you now . . .

Old 04-17-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbygto2
I get the parts installed tomorrow. Can you believe when I told the guy at the shop that I have read a lot on the forums about this car and everyone is saying its the pump he said "I trust my certified techs more than a bunch of nerds on the internet". Its going to be funny when they install everything and its still messing up.
Notice that his certified techs are TECHNICIANS not MECHANICS. A TECHNICIAN will just start throwing in new parts hoping to fix a problem . . . MECHANICS diagnose a problem and then proceed to make the specific repair necessary.

Actually I don't know why I bothered to post this. I said what I had to say back in post #14 and gave up on you when you didn't listen to anyone's advice . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 04-17-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 04-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get the parts installed tomorrow. Can you beleave when I told the guy at the shop that I have read alot on the forums about this car and everyone is saying its the pump he said "I trust my certified techs more than a bunch of nerds on the internet". Its going to be funny when they install everything and its still messing up.
Looking forward to the result.

Let's hope they install your new SC properly. There's a few things they could stuff up but hopefully only result in a boost leak either now or earlier than factory. They should have pulley alignments under control.

Lets hope they bleed the air out of the SC coolant lines - when they do that they may discover the pump isn't pumping.

I'd probably opt for their offer of a new $X,000 SC despite the risks (mentioned above). You could sell your old one for a tidy $1000 on ebay...even after removing the clutch - keep that item.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:21 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Somehow, I don't think that will happen....lol

Old 04-18-2015, 11:34 PM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Notice that his certified techs are TECHNICIANS not MECHANICS. A TECHNICIAN will just start throwing in new parts hoping to fix a problem . . . MECHANICS diagnose a problem and then proceed to make the specific repair necessary.

Actually I don't know why I bothered to post this. I said what I had to say back in post #14 and gave up on you when you didn't listen to anyone's advice . . .

Ummm, can I just point out something quite personal to me? A technician in any specialty does his or her job according to what he/she is trained. I am, and know many technicians, that are 100% competent in troubleshooting and fixing problems associated with the proper tools and training available. I will say that the title/position of a technician has and always been (and onward) filled by people who never should have been certified. Like all bad apples, they give real technicians a bad name. Just as the few bad apples give all related, a bad name. Please don't paint all of us, with that single stroke of incompetence, it offends. There, I'm OK now.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:40 PM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

On another note, there is a point (highlighted a tad earlier) where this guys car will be seized for the massive bill that will be presented if the work noted is done. We all know a mechanics lein will be attached, and a room of lawyers will be required to sort things out. I have a feeling this guys car will be involved in this way. I hope not, but I suspect a lot of time will go by before the car is returned, fixed or not.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM

I've been waiting on pins and needles all weekend . . .

With Monday here the Dodge stealership is once again open for business. I'm anxious to hear what new and expensive parts they'll say are required to "fix" his car today . . .

Old 04-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what the most ridiculous thing about this thread is? The fact that the previous owner told him it needed an IC pump, the OP started a thread before he picked it up that it needed an IC pump, we all pretty much told him it needed an IC pump.....and he still didn't listen! If he feels like not being able to enjoy to his "new" car because he can't follow reason, it's his own d@mn fault. Sometimes ignorance isn't bliss, but being able to mash the GO pedal is. Guess he won't experience that for a while, if he ever gets to again in that car.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-next-sat.html

Old 04-20-2015, 08:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuK_138
You know what the most ridiculous thing about this thread is? The fact that the previous owner told him it needed an IC pump, the OP started a thread before he picked it up that it needed an IC pump, we all pretty much told him it needed an IC pump.....and he still didn't listen!

Sad...but, then again, metric sockets and torx bother the crap out of some people. What with removing the pass front wheel and that shroud. Scary...

Old 04-20-2015, 09:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by musicnsurf
Sad...but, then again, metric sockets and torx bother the crap out of some people. What with removing the pass front wheel and that shroud. Scary...
SO EASY A CAVEMAN COULD DO IT, OR EVEN A HIGH SCHOOL SHOP CLASS KID.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 PM

What happened to our OP Shelbygto2? I've been wondering now if maybe the problem with his car might have something to do with the transmission ? ? ?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
What happened to our OP Shelbygto2? I've been wondering now if maybe the problem with his car might have something to do with the transmission ? ? ?
Turned out to be the pump...go figure!!

So i got a new clutch assembly and crank pully for free but the warrenty company wont cover the pump.

I get my new bosch pump from Rob at Needswings tomorrow and I will install it.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

So i got a new clutch assembly and crank pully for free but the warrenty company wont cover the pump.

I guess post #2 here nailed it 36 minutes after you posted, go figure. LOL

Old 04-22-2015, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the update . . . Just to be clear, you tied up your car at the dealership and payed a $100.00 deductible out of your pocket to have them replace parts unnecessarily. Now you're reaching into your pocket again to order the pump, the only part that you originally needed. Sounds like they took you for $100.00 and your warranty company for who knows how many thousands? That's why we call them stealerships. Enjoy your Crossfire SRT6!

Last edited by RED DOG; 04-23-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I see they replaced the S/C but then diagnosed the intercooler. Let us know if that solves the problem. As I said way back: Nerds 1, Dodge Boys 0. The members of this forum are pretty sharp when it comes to diagnoses.

Last edited by Goldwing; 04-22-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How crazy is that !!? The warranty Co. will cover a couple thousand dollars for a new SC pulley AND a crank pulley that obviously didn't fix the problem; BUT isn't willing to spring for a $100.+ labor pump install? I guess the warranty Co. wasn't told that the dealership "fix" didn't work? Smells like dealership fraud.

Last edited by dinasrt; 04-23-2015 at 01:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turned out to be the pump...I get my new bosch pump from Rob at Needswings tomorrow and I will install it.

And a brave, new world will open up to you. : ) Clearly, the best thing you've posted. Have fun with it!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
You know what the most ridiculous thing about this thread is? The fact that the previous owner told him it needed an IC pump, the OP started a thread before he picked it up that it needed an IC pump, we all pretty much told him it needed an IC pump.....and he still didn't listen! If he feels like not being able to enjoy to his "new" car because he can't follow reason, it's his own d@mn fault. Sometimes ignorance isn't bliss, but being able to mash the GO pedal is. Guess he won't experience that for a while, if he ever gets to again in that car.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-next-sat.html
Thanks clown.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:36 PM

Anyway, thanks to (almost) everyone that chimed in! She screams now!
Next step...Needswings CAI and Tune!

Quick Reply: Electromagnetic clutch out on SC