Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Traction Control

Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Traction Control

I have had my lowers dash panels out, and my console apart, to remove the carpet, in preparation for welding in a roll cage, and after reassembling the dash, I took the car out and hammered it a few times, with the traction control off and on. With it off, it ran hard a couple of times but several times it had no power starting off, but would sometimes explode after getting the revs up, or pedaling it a little bit. It was inconsistent. Almost like starting out in third gear, but it was in first. I need some help from you brilliant guys. It has explosive power when it comes to life. Thanks!

Old 01-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Default Re: Traction Control

PS: My car has a Eurocharged tune in it, and I noticed another post that mentioned that the winter summer switch controls manual vs. automatic shifting. I had the switch in S, so maybe that contributed to my erratic shifting or feeling that it was starting out in a higher gear. Although, as I understood the other post, it should have been in full automatic mode. It still seems like a traction control problem.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When was the last time you checked your supercharger cooling pump and fuse?

Old 01-23-2017, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Buggin
When was the last time you checked your supercharger cooling pump and fuse?
The intercooler pump is working. One time I start off it has no power, and if I play with the accelerator a little bit, it comes to life in a really big way. Its almost like its in limp in mode, and then it blasts off. I had the dash apart, and I may have screwed something up.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew
PS: My car has a Eurocharged tune in it, and I noticed another post that mentioned that the winter summer switch controls manual vs. automatic shifting. I had the switch in S, so maybe that contributed to my erratic shifting or feeling that it was starting out in a higher gear. Although, as I understood the other post, it should have been in full automatic mode. It still seems like a traction control problem.
Its not the summer winter switch. Apparently my Eurocharged tune didn't change the switch function, because it works normally.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Robert. I read your other post. Your winter mode will start you out in 2nd gear. So you will want to stay away from that. EC tune does not do anything with the W/S mode. You should not be getting all this bucking you are talking about with or without traction control on or off. Make sure you didn't unlodge the throttle peddle from it's mount. If you did, this will limit your throttle peddle's movement. It slips onto a flat piece of metal. I can't imagine you having a throttle body problem, and you stated in your other thread you have replaced the pump before. Only thing left would be fuel. Check that throttle peddle....you really have to get under to see...if it is mounted properly.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you in manual mode or in drive when you're doing this? Also, it's the TCU tune that changes the S/W switch mode.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:33 PM

Chuk. I don't have a EC TCU tune. I may have misspoke. Do they do a manual mode on their tunes? Still wouldn't be his bucking unless he isn't controlling the throttle from all that instant throttle. They can buck. But it would not lose power. My tcu tune isn't like that.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:41 PM

Yes sir, the Summer mode retains normal use of the shifting at redline while the Winter mode will hold gears until shifted. This is a great setup in conjunction with LM21's paddle shifter kit. Buy that TCU tune now doc, it's on sale for $199 until Friday!!!!

Old 01-24-2017, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
Yes sir, the Summer mode retains normal use of the shifting at redline while the Winter mode will hold gears until shifted. This is a great setup in conjunction with LM21's paddle shifter kit. Buy that TCU tune now doc, it's on sale for $199 until Friday!!!!
Well, just trying figure out his problem. My TCU tune was just to match up with the 3:46 rear end. But I will keep that in mind lol. His problem sure sounds like an inner cooler pump but says it has been replaced. I had my throttle peddle comes loose from the mount which limited my throttle...took a little bit before I figured out what was wrong. Thank Chuk...

Old 01-24-2017, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
Are you in manual mode or in drive when you're doing this? Also, it's the TCU tune that changes the S/W switch mode.
I've tried it in every conceivable configuration, and it's always the same. Buggin suggested that I check the fault codes, and I forgot that it had an OBDII, blue tooth module in it so I downloaded Torque and it was showing a P0410, Secondary Air Injection Code. I just got home, so I haven't researched that fault code yet. Thanks for the response.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:58 PM

That isn't your problem Robert. It is a problem, but not one that would have any affect on the problem you are having... There is a 'sticky' thread for the PO410 code. Read thru that.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Well, just trying figure out his problem. My TCU tune was just to match up with the 3:46 rear end. But I will keep that in mind lol. His problem sure sounds like an inner cooler pump but says it has been replaced. I had my throttle peddle comes loose from the mount which limited my throttle...took a little bit before I figured out what was wrong. Thank Chuk...
Hi Doc, I misstated the comment about the intercooler pump. I have two other Crossfires SRT6s and I have replaced the pump in both of those, but not this one. I don't think that is the issue, because if you play with the throttle, it will come to life and blast off. When it's on it's much faster than my stock SRT6, and when it is off, it really is waaaay down on power. At Buggins suggestion I pulled the fault codes and it was showing a PL0410, Secondary air injection fault, which I haven't researched yet.

Thanks,

Old 01-24-2017, 09:06 PM

Well, in that case...my money is on the pump. 0410 code is your air pump and has nothing to do with performance. Read thru the sticky thread concerning that code. I would replace the pump on this one as well.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:08 PM

Robert. I read your other post. Your winter mode will start you out in 2nd gear. So you will want to stay away from that. EC tune does not do anything with the W/S mode. You should not be getting all this bucking you are talking about with or without traction control on or off. Make sure you didn't unlodge the throttle peddle from it's mount. If you did, this will limit your throttle peddle's movement. It slips onto a flat piece of metal. I can't imagine you having a throttle body problem, and you stated in your other thread you have replaced the pump before. Only thing left would be fuel. Check that throttle peddle....you really have to get under to see...if it is mounted properly.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did have the throttle pedal off to remove the carpet, so I check it and it is in place properly. It does have a Sprint Booster, which is apparently in the slow position, because my other Crossfire is much more sensitive. I've never installed a Sprint Booster, I'll see if I can find the instructions and verify that something didn't come loose on it. At Buggins suggestion, I pulled the fault code this evening and it is showing a PL0410 code, alternate air injection. I haven't researched that yet.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:09 PM

That isn't your problem Robert. It is a problem, but not one that would have any affect on the problem you are having... There is a 'sticky' thread for the PO410 code. Read thru that.
Thanks Doc!! I'll find it.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:11 PM

All that pump does Robert is pumps hot air to the cats to warm them up quicker. Some people just remove the pump and block it off...the post will tell you how to diy repair. Again...it sure sounds like the inner cooler pump....

Old 01-24-2017, 09:13 PM

Berries, I thought maybe that would help. Is there any potential that when I had the throttle pedal out to remove the carpet, something came loose on the Sprint Booster. I have one in my other coupe, set on the sensitive setting and it's touchy, but I like it. The one in my race car is set on the slower, less sensitive setting. I've never installed one, just inherited them from previous owners.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:13 PM

P0140 is secondary air injection pump fault. You need to send that RCM to tighed_1 for repair. It's usually (97% of the time) the relay for it failing.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I read in another post that removing the 40 amp fuse, F4 in the fuse block under the hood would disable the traction control, so I tried that, and it made no difference at all. Unfortunately I think I checked the fault code when the fuse was out, so that may have contributed to the P0410 fault code. I'll check that out tomorrow.