Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Code 3 Pulley

Old 03-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 3 Pulley

Can a Code 3 65mm pulley be taken apart and redone. Look's like flange maybe bent. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Rusty

Old 03-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Code 3 Pulley

Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl
Can a Code 3 65mm pulley be taken apart and redone. Look's like flange maybe bent. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Rusty
Flange? are you saying the floating pressure plate is bent? (the disc suspended from the pulley by 3 "dog-bone" springs) If so, I would think you could replace it with the same part from a stock SC pulley.

Chris

Old 03-08-2017, 05:07 PM

Chris, no it look's like the pulley flange is bent. I will take some pics, to send you to see what you think. Iam new to this car, so maybe it is an optical illusion. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Rusty

Old 03-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

if the flange of the actual pulley is bent, it seems unlikely that it is serviceable. If you take the belt off, you can spin the pulley with a dial indicator riding on it .... should tell the tale.

Chris

Old 03-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Received 553 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by latemodel21
if the flange of the actual pulley is bent, it seems unlikely that it is serviceable. If you take the belt off, you can spin the pulley with a dial indicator riding on it .... should tell the tale.

Chris
I guess it depends on how much it is bent, a little out of square may be OK as it just holds the dog bines. A judicious rap on the flange in a lathe might be the answer if it is a little too much.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Thanks Guys, I will put it in a lathe and spin it too see how it is. Thanks for your help. Rusty

Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Guys, I will put it in a lathe and spin it too see how it is. Thanks for your help. Rusty
Your first course of trouble shooting should be latemodel's suggestion of removing the belt and check it out with a dial indicator; and see how it spins. Personally, if I had a supercharger pulley that became warped from heat, or was cattywampus for whatever reason; I'd replace with new, or with a used one from a reputable Forum member. Good luck with your issue.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:05 PM

The pulley is not on the car yet. And I bought it from a Forum member. It is a Code 3 pulley, which I am told the company no longer exist's, so I can't replace it. Thanks

Old 03-08-2017, 11:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The pulley is not on the car yet. And I bought it from a Forum member. It is a Code 3 pulley, which I am told the company no longer exist's, so I can't replace it. Thanks
Perhaps you don't have a problem at all? I'd hate to believe a Forum member sold you a pulley with a known issue.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:10 AM

Is it aluminum? Easier to bend and straighten.
If so check the rivets on the dog bones for tightness in their holes on the pulley flange.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:33 PM

dinasrt, If you read my comment, you would know I said I was going to put it on a lathe and spin it. It may not be bent, I was asking if it is, could it be fixed. And I never said the Forum member I bought it off of, Sold me a defective piece. You need to read and comprehend what people are saying, before jumping the gun. Relax, take a breath, things are good. Thanks Rusty

Old 03-09-2017, 04:37 PM

onehundred80, Yes it is Alum. I am going to put it on a lathe to see for sure. I am new to these car's, and like I said before, it may be an optical illusion. I will let you know. Thanks for your help. Rusty

Old 03-09-2017, 04:50 PM

onehundred80, Yes it is Alum. I am going to put it on a lathe to see for sure. I am new to these car's, and like I said before, it may be an optical illusion. I will let you know. Thanks for your help. Rusty
You said
no it look's like the pulley flange is bent
so I would say that what dinasrt said is quiet reasonable. He said
Perhaps you don't have a problem at all? I'd hate to believe a Forum member sold you a pulley with a known issue.
He did not say you had purchased a lemon. I think he was quite comprehending what you said, maybe what you implied was not what you meant.
Good luck anyway, giving someone ***** is not the way to get answers, I think you owe him an apology, maybe even a beer.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-09-2017 at 04:53 PM.