CrossfireForum.org

- CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF THESE ADS -
Go Back   CrossfireForum.org > Technical > Exterior & Lighting

Welcome to Crossfire Forum!
Welcome to Crossfire Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please
join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Default Master Light Switch light won't go off on dash!

I had new halogen lights installed today from my buddy, same lights as many people have here, 6k, anyways, my master lighting switch on my dash wont go out. I checked all my turn signals, break lights, and everything, and all my lights work, whats the deal?

Jason
2006 Limited Coupe #69341
Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Master Light Stitch light wont go off on dash!

Hi,

I have the same problem, did you find out how to turn the Master Light Switch off?

Thanks,

Neil

Maggie & Neil
SOO COOL
Old 05-22-2010, 02:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to Infinite

um, do you mean hid's

the only reason that light is on is a bulb is out, or if you've replaced anything with led's or hid's the canbus doesnt see enough resistance so it thinks a bulb is out

You can keep talking your ****...
[
You're only making me famous.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:13 PM

Thank you for your response. I don't know what an "hid's" is (similar to an led?). Anyway, I replaced the tailight/brake light bulb (not an led) but I did install an led illuminated wind restrictor last year (but the master light switch indicator did not indicate a problem then - only after the ordinary bulb burned out (which has since been replaced but the master light switch indicator remained illuminated even afterwards).

Any suggestion?

Thanks again.

Maggie & Neil
SOO COOL
Old 05-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Retired LEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLO57@rogers.com
Thank you for your response. I don't know what an "hid's" is (similar to an led?). Anyway, I replaced the tailight/brake light bulb (not an led) but I did install an led illuminated wind restrictor last year (but the master light switch indicator did not indicate a problem then - only after the ordinary bulb burned out (which has since been replaced but the master light switch indicator remained illuminated even afterwards).

Any suggestion?

Thanks again.
checked to see if both your license plate bulbs are working?

'05 Black Xfire #59312 SRT6 Roadster
'05 Blue xfire #42796 SRT6 Coupe
Both cars have the following mods:
Needswings Dual CAI, catch can, PSK, coupe has Needswings mani's, roadster has 180's manis, Eurocharged tuning, wavetrac, high performance brake fluid, metal lines, and upgraded ceramic brakes. Roadster has a Code 3 65mm S/C pulley, Coupe has a Karmann 62mm S/C pulley. Both cars run summer compound tires.

Doc Holliday
Old 05-22-2010, 05:35 PM

a HID is the high intensity bulb that you had installed and you are referring to as a 'halogen' bulb... this kits 'USUALLY' come with a load resistor as part of the assembly and it is just a plug and play set-up and shows the car the same electrical load at the standard bulb....thus no 'bulb out indicator....

If your kit does not have a load resistor as part of it.... you will get the 'bulb out' lamp on your dash.... any other lamp being out will cause it also...side marks, license plate, trunk, turn signals, etc. etc......

installing LED's without a load resistor in place of factory bulbs will also cause a 'bulb out' indicator... i.e. side markers, turn signals, license plate, map light........

2005 SRT6 Aero Blue coupe
"The Aero"
1/4 mile: 11.92 secs @ 114.3mph 1.72 60'

Old 05-22-2010, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the explanation of HID - good to know for future reference.

Another member responded - also advising to check for both licence plate lights illuminating - which I had never noticed - but that was the problem - easy fix just replacing the lic plate light that was out.

Thanks for your help

Maggie & Neil
SOO COOL

Old 05-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Advertisement