Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Reflective Tint vs Black Tint

Old 04-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflective Tint vs Black Tint

I just purchased my XF about a week and a half ago and I need to tint it. I was just going to go with black tint until a co-worker said that reflective tint would look nice on the XF. Now i'm thrown for a loop and not sure which to go with. I have the Blaze Red color crossfire and wanted to know what you all thought would look better. Regular 28-25% black tint or the reflective tint? I also tried the search and couldn't find any help in regards to reflective tint. If anyone has any pictures of the reflective tint they could post and share that would be great in helping my decision. Anyways what say you all?

Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Default Re: Reflective Tint vs Black Tint

Called the tint company. Looks like like they can't do reflective tint in my state because its illegal. My decision just became easier.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Well you figured it out yourself .....most states will give you a ticket if the polioce officer can't see into the interior of the vehicle.....otherwise I'd like to have the reflective tint....just not an option.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 PM

read as police not polioce no disrespect intended.....

Old 04-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Tint laws are enforced in some jurisdictions while others look the other way.... Indiana you are supposed to be able to see the driver. So, you can heavily tint the rear, but driver, passenger and windshield can't be too dark as not to see the driver...

Old 04-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Agree Doc and I would not want to be an officer walking up to a vehicle and not see what's inside......you never know if the drive or passenger has a gun pointed at you and is willing to use it. A simple traffic stop could go bad very quickly.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmaier
Agree Doc and I would not want to be an officer walking up to a vehicle and not see what's inside......you never know if the drive or passenger has a gun pointed at you and is willing to use it. A simple traffic stop could go bad very quickly.
+1 on this. I bought my daughter a car that had really dark tinted windows - maybe a 15%. It's on a black 2 door, so it really makes the car look nice. I knew the tint was too dark when I bought it, so I told my daughter that if she ever got pulled over, the first thing she was to do was roll down both of her windows as she was pulling to the side of the road so the LEO could see inside - it might make the traffic stop go a bit easier

Old 04-04-2014, 04:00 PM

I think in my state the legal tint of the Drive/Passenger windows must not exceed 35% but the rear can be whatever, and you can only tint the first 6% of the windshield or something similar. However i don't think the police will harass me if went 28%. But man the reflective tint would look awesome of the Crossfire. It would match the fender, Wheels, and Side grey things on the windshield. O well.