General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Pizza checking in

Old 04-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Pizza checking in

Glad to hear this Mark!
Believe me.. work stress can and will kill you. Back 20 years ago I used to have a little coffee with my sugar at work.. anywhere else its straight up black. Lots of pressure to put work out the door to the shop.. engineer it and machine programming as needed and material estimating and shop routing.. Chest pains were a daily thing.. I'd hit myself in the chest to make it subside (self doctor kinda person..LOL). When I left that place I left the chest pains too.

Take care buddy, and if you haven't noticed we're scheduled for the fall Dragon.. Have to have that dose of Pizzaguy charm.. LOL.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Re: Pizza checking in

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Ok, Doctor called me in today.

They did an ultrasound test to see how the blood was flowing in my neck and down to my feet. The tests showed, right away, that there is no issue with blockages or blood flow. He said I did well with last week's stress test - no issues there.

He then told me that the tests (CT SCAN I guess) of my chest/heart showed blood flow around and thru the heart, and in the vessels feeding the heart was fine - there are no blockages or problems. They can see my bicuspid heart valve, and it's turbulent blood flow out of the heart - but he said they are not concerned and saw no sign of valve failiure or plaque build up.

He summed up: "The only thing I can find is this irregular heart beat". It is a sort of arrhythmia. He wants me on my blood thinners and heart rate drug. He wants to do a cardioconversion on me in two weeks and says I can stop the meds at that time.

So, that is it. My lungs have healed well from the pneumonia, I am hardly ever coughing at all. It appears that the pneumonia brought something to the surface in my heart, but they SAY that the cardiconversion will likely fix it and I'll be fine.

You can bet your life I will be back in the woods, hiking and working out of my ellitical every day as I have in the past, after the procedure. I REALLY expected to hear I needed stints or bypass. But like my doctor said three months ago, "if you are hiking and working on the elliptical, cant much be wrong with you..."
IN SHORT: EXERCISE WORKS - my diet is not THAT good, sure I don't smoke and haven't since I was 19 - but I like Mexican food and chocolate. So, again, it would appear that exercise covers "a multitude of bad behavior".

I'm off work still, probalby off next two weeks at least. But Doc says I can work from home anytime. HE actually said I could go back to work but we are keeping that a secret - stress may have put me in this situation - so I'm taking some time to relax.

Mark: So pleased to hear of your positive tests...had that done approximately 3 months ago...my doctor, too, discovered that I had an
irregular heartbeat..the test, too, showed that everything was ok. He advised to leave "as is" unless I began having problems... thus far, AOK... Just keep that positive attitude, rest,exercise, and get well for the Fall meet...we need you there!!!!!!!...Carl

Remember... 95% of the things one worries about never happen...the other 5%, one cannot do much about it, so why worry!!

Last edited by cg80; 04-18-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: more info
Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is GOOD NEWS Pizzaguy! I'm happy to learn of the positive report.

Alicia

Old 04-18-2014, 07:28 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You have never been the same since you went to that nuclear plant, does your presence at a party light up the room ............... with a luminescent glow?
Well, yes, but... it always has - right?

Old 04-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by carl graham
Remember... 95% of the things one worries about never happen...the other 5%, one cannot do much about it, so why worry!!
^^^ WISDOM ^^^ (to live by)

Thanks for the prayers and warm wishes, I feel as tho I have more (Friends and blessings) than I deserve.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your problems, do whatever you need to do to get better and stay better.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular

Glad to hear the good news.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, take it easy and relax.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Ok, had the "TEE" (Transesophgial Echogram-thingy) and then the Cardio Vesion - they say I responded on the second shock with a normal heartbeat.

I am to continue meds, but can go back to work/hiking/elliptical tomorrow! I had a lot of people praying, as the doctor was pessimistic about how a heart in a-fib for six months would respond. I was SO surprised when the nurse told me I responded on the second shock.

The new anesthetics are way better than old ones - no nausea at all. My throat is sore from the TEE, but at least they knocked me out before doing it (Doctor wanted me awake, but the anesthesiologist insisted he could "swallow for him" and that I need not be awake).

Next thing I knew I was waking up...

Old 05-12-2014, 12:06 PM

Pizza: Man, am I glad to hear the good news...just take it easy and "keep the faith"...we got to have your at the Fall meet!!!...Carl

Old 05-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Awesome to hear man! And like above, take it easy!

Old 05-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Great news Mark !!!!
Hope to see you in the fall.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Good news and bad news.
Good news about the op and bad news about the work thingy.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Forum Regular

You do realize, that we expect you at the chicago meet on the 24th. And you better be ready for some chicago style deep dish pizza.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the update Mark!

And glad it was good news..

Old 05-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Damn, I wish I could do that. I WILL be up there much of July/August to work so maybe....

Originally Posted by Adrian_X
You do realize, that we expect you at the chicago meet on the 24th. And you better be ready for some chicago style deep dish pizza.

Thanks all!

Old 05-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Forum Regular

No excuses! lol

But yeah you gotta come around these parts too, because downtown still has some beauty to offer hahaha

Old 05-13-2014, 09:45 AM

Glad to hear the good news, Pizzaguy! Please be kind to yourself re all the work related demands. It is very easy for that stuff to take over your life.

Alicia

Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Djo

Great news! Still got you in my thoughts and prayers hope you can continue to get well!

Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Well, I went back to work today like the doctor said - and got thrown outta the building for not having a doctor's release in hand.

(I'm salaried so its not an issue...)

Thanks all for the warm wishes - I've turned over a new leaf as far as work/worry/stress go. I will not let it happen again, not if it was stress related.

Quick Reply: Pizza checking in