Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 01:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by PNA
Is everything still on for tomorrow? I have 50 flyers printed that I'm bringing. Also, I'm happy to present for COM on what our event will be. I do have one question for our team though. Even though it's not a "Show", we could still pick up a few "basic awards" that the club could issue to our selection of cars that attend the cruise-in. We could do 2, 3, or even more if we want........Example: Best Classic - Pre-80s; Best Imported; Most Unique, Best Modern; etc? I'm thinking just something else that people would like, make them consider attending, staying longer etc. We can chat Saturday, unless others want to chime in. I'm thinking 8 to 15 dollars each type awards. COM logo, Simple plaque, etc.

BTW - No registering..........this is just us walking around looking at cars and us picking a few. We can announce them by Car, Color, etc. Only

See you guys on Saturday Morning.
This changes the entire set up back to a "show". who judges while the other people park cars and hype the raffle tickts? we have to count ballots, are we parking cars in groups that they want to enter into? i thought the idea of a show with awards, voting and alot of structure was struck down because of all the amount of work on the small group we have? if we do awards we need to do an entry fee, and so people at the "gate" taking money. we were not able to find awards in the price range you are talking about. we need to have this figured out before saturday since we are going to be describing the event.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chisler29
This changes the entire set up back to a "show". who judges while the other people park cars and hype the raffle tickts? we have to count ballots, are we parking cars in groups that they want to enter into? i thought the idea of a show with awards, voting and alot of structure was struck down because of all the amount of work on the small group we have? if we do awards we need to do an entry fee, and so people at the "gate" taking money. we were not able to find awards in the price range you are talking about. we need to have this figured out before saturday since we are going to be describing the event.
I have to agree with Jason too late in the game to be changing what we are doing
Paul unless you can guarantee at the very lest 12 more people to help not including our regulars, I vote we stay the course.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:03 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NO, it does not. It's just us. No one else. Sayiig to each other, hey, I liked the Ferrari and the 65 goat etc. NO registattion. NO ballots. No numbers. End of the day we call people over and just say, our club liked these cars. That's it. It has not more structure than than. No one enters anything. No one takes money for anything other than the raffle. Show up, listen to music, by food wine beer. If you want a shot at the 50 / 50 buy some tickets. It's not that damn complicated. We also don't have to even mention it we don't want to. If we want to, it would be described as such. It's only COM voting. It isn't that hard.

BTW - in one minute I googled and found trophies for less than $5 dollars each. Free text on the awards as well. I'm sure we could get 4 for under $40. Simple, low cost, but still something for people to take home for the cars we like.

We could also do mugs or something like that. Just ideas guys. Simple, very low cost ideas, to draw people and make it fun and personal.

Last edited by PNA; 02-27-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
NO, it does not. It's just us. No one else. Sayiig to each other, hey, I liked the Ferrari and the 65 goat etc. NO registattion. NO ballots. No numbers. End of the day we call people over and just say, our club liked these cars. That's it. It has not more structure than than. No one enters anything. No one takes money for anything other than the raffle. Show up, listen to music, by food wine beer. If you want a shot at the 50 / 50 buy some tickets. It's not that damn complicated. We also don't have to even mention it we don't want to. If we want to, it would be described as such. It's only COM voting. It isn't that hard.

BTW - in one minute I googled and found trophies for less than $5 dollars each. Free text on the awards as well. I'm sure we could get 4 for under $40. Simple, low cost, but still something for people to take home for the cars we like.

You posted and asked what I thought and I gave you my opinion, if your asking for a vote I say no. You are the VP and If you get buy-in from other members go for it. just bring me a receipt.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:25 PM

My opinion is if we scrapped the "show" concept for the GTG/Cruise then we scrapped the entire show atmosphere (i.e. no rules, no fess, no trophies, no worries). Although I think Paul's idea is admirable, it's too much too late in the game. We all knew there were only five or six of us responsible for making a show happen so that's not the problem. The problem is for a show, and all its duties, you have to have committed people early on and a "defined" direction for activities. It took a lot for the voting body to cancel the show atmosphere in favor of a cruise so I suggest we stick to the cruise concept and EVERYONE can have a leisurely day.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:29 PM
PNA

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
You posted and asked what I thought and I gave you my opinion, if your asking for a vote I say no. You are the VP and If you get buy-in from other members go for it. just bring me a receipt.
I guess I'm somewhat blown away by how this simple, 20 to 30 dollar expenditure is viewed as changing anything. It changes nothing other than adds 20 to 30 dollars. But, that being said, fine. I'm not taking any votes. I do need to understand though, based on what we are planning, is the final decision on the approach/es for the food / music. DJ or no DJ. If no DJ, I'll like to investigate bringing some kind of music system. If I have to bring my own, I will. I'd prefer to not have to thoughMy thought on Food was to still have the same (or new) vendor come. Let them know what we are doing. Anything they take in is all theirs.Beyond that, it's just the raffle. That's on us to sell the tickets. There are no other responsibilities as far as I'm concerned. We can get parking started in the proper way and then let the flow follow.I'll likely still get water from wegmans but I'll just give it away this time.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Forum Regular

Just a reminder we have a COM meeting a little over a week away!!!!!

Saturday 3/28/15 11AM - 3 PM
If meeting is finished early we can go for a cruise, on the back roads of Harford County.
Meet 10:45 AM at WaWa
3530 Conowingo Rd.
Street, MD 21154

Looking for a head count, you all know the drill, I could guess but where is the fun in that.
See you all next weekend

Old 03-20-2015, 09:20 AM
PNA

If meeting is finished early we can go for a cruise, on the back roads of Harford County.
3530 Conowingo Rd.
Street, MD 21154

Looking for a head count, you all know the drill, I could guess but where is the fun in that.
See you all next weekend
I'll be there. I will let you know if Kathy is coming. I depends on Alyssa's lacrosse schedule. Also, please let us know what we can bring.

Here's a quick agenda

Welcome and Grab a Drink - We can start our "meeting" when ever we want.
Welcome to "newbies" -- Ha, Ha
For the Meeting
Overview from our Breakfast Meeting and Interests for COM in 2015
Update on Planning for our Cruise-In in August
Next steps for our Cruise-In Planning
Coordination of COM Attendance at CAR Shows (always optional) and Plans for Fun Cruise Events
Update from our Treasurer - And confirmation of plans for Use of Funds for Club / Club Members
Open Discussion about "COM"
Overview of Recent Modifications by club members or plans for mods
Close Meeting and Fun Drive or Depature

Any other ideas of thoughts?

Old 03-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PNA
I'll be there. I will let you know if Kathy is coming. I depends on Alyssa's lacrosse schedule. Also, please let us know what we can bring.

Here's a quick agenda

Welcome and Grab a Drink - We can start our "meeting" when ever we want.
Welcome to "newbies" -- Ha, Ha
For the Meeting
Overview from our Breakfast Meeting and Interests for COM in 2015
Update on Planning for our Cruise-In in August
Next steps for our Cruise-In Planning
Coordination of COM Attendance at CAR Shows (always optional) and Plans for Fun Cruise Events
Update from our Treasurer - And confirmation of plans for Use of Funds for Club / Club Members
Open Discussion about "COM"
Overview of Recent Modifications by club members or plans for mods
Close Meeting and Fun Drive or Depature

Any other ideas of thoughts?
Agenda sounds fine VP
No Need to bring anything, you guys are already making the drive up to the (North Pole)

Old 03-20-2015, 03:29 PM
Forum Regular

3530 Conowingo Rd.
Street, MD 21154

See you all next weekend

Jason +1

Old 03-22-2015, 03:11 PM

Alesha and I will be there...

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Forum Regular

3530 Conowingo Rd.
Street, MD 21154

See you all next weekend

MEETING has been Rescheduled !!!!
NEW DATE 4/18/15 Same time Same Place

Old 03-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Forum Regular

First Car show of the Year 4/11/15, If anyone is interested.
Here is a link to their Home Page Romancing the Chrome Car Show
The show will benefit The Harford County Library, I'm already registered, over the last 2 years they averaged about 200 - 300 cars, plenty of food and Drink.

Date: Saturday, April 11, 2015
Rain Date: Saturday, April 18, 2015
Jarrett’s Field – 3719 Norrisville Road, Jarrettsville, MD 21084 (Across from Jarrettsville Library)
Pre-Registration: $15, Now – April 3, 2015

Hope to see you there.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular

The show will benefit The Harford County Library, I'm already registered, over the last 2 years they averaged about 200 - 300 cars, plenty of food and Drink.

Jarrett’s Field – 3719 Norrisville Road, Jarrettsville, MD 21084 (Across from Jarrettsville Library)

Hope to see you there.

the chances are pretty high that i'll be there. Might be the first show for the fish.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:52 PM
Forum Regular

the chances are pretty high that i'll be there. Might be the first show for the fish.
Will you be trolling for a Trophy????

Old 03-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Forum Regular

Will you be trolling for a Trophy????

hahaha no ill just be happy if it swims all the way up there and back. its not ready to go trolling for trophies..............Carlisle though, that might be a different story.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:12 PM
PNA

Hope to see you there.
I'll be at the beach. Good Luck

Old 04-01-2015, 09:51 PM

Saturday is the 3rd annual Hunt Valley Car Gathering at the Avenus parking lot. its 8-10 and I dont see rain in the forecast so thought I would go - anyone else feel like joining me for some coffee, cars, coffee,?

Second subject - I am registered for Carlisle - went to CICCI site to sign on the list - no list. Not even a mention of Carlisle in 2015 I can find. Whats up with that? Have all the elders moved on? I even checked the calendar as the reminders say to do, and nada, not even listed. ????

Old 04-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stelmos
Saturday is the 3rd annual Hunt Valley Car Gathering at the Avenus parking lot. its 8-10 and I dont see rain in the forecast so thought I would go - anyone else feel like joining me for some coffee, cars, coffee,?

Second subject - I am registered for Carlisle - went to CICCI site to sign on the list - no list. Not even a mention of Carlisle in 2015 I can find. Whats up with that? Have all the elders moved on? I even checked the calendar as the reminders say to do, and nada, not even listed. ????

Cars and coffee.....Crossfire still has white paint, cuda needs the alternator installed and the Fury is ready to go, but is willing to stay home so i can work on the cuda, so I'm going to pass. I was wanting to go to this, but things happen. although i may be going to Burtonsville this sunday IF the cuda is ready should anyone be interested.

Carlisle.........Im no longer a member of CICCI so i dont know what's going on with that forum, but here is the thread to carlisle on this forum started by Tony and in the usual format.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...12-2015-a.html

Last edited by chisler29; 04-01-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:05 AM
PNA

I'll be at Myrtle Beach so no can do.

Your car looks great!

I haven't been able to get on CICCI - some maintenance server message from CICCI. Maybe they are done now. Good point though if there isn't a thread on there.

As Jason directed, there is one on the forum though. Add your info. Tony will be happy to have one added. He's been bumping it to no avail over the last month or two.

I'll see you guys on the 18th.

Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)