Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Northern Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Northern Virginia

Still have yet to see basically any Crossfires driving around the area -__-

Old 06-19-2014, 07:31 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
Still have yet to see basically any Crossfires driving around the area -__-
Yeah, I see one about every 4 months or so, at least ones with people driving them that I don't know. Otherwise, I see them when I'm with our club members. You should try to hitch up with us during one of our GTG's or when we go to shows together. Of course, you should definitely come to our show in August. If you want to see and meet some other enthusiastic owners, stop by. Also, we have our CICCI meeting up at the Carlisle show the second weekend in July. Join us their as well.

I think I sent you the flyer (or posted it earlier) but if not, here's a link to our facebook page flyer.
https://www.facebook.com/crossfires....type=1&theater

Old 07-08-2014, 08:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out that my local shop (Curry's) got bought by Monro Muffler Brake last yr. Not sure I want to bring the SRT6s to a national chain store.

Anyone have a mechanic or local shop they'd recommended? Preferably, near Gainesville VA.

TIA

Old 07-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Djo

Originally Posted by TomSRT
I just found out that my local shop (Curry's) got bought by Monro Muffler Brake last yr. Not sure I want to bring the SRT6s to a national chain store.

Anyone have a mechanic or local shop they'd recommended? Preferably, near Gainesville VA.

TIA
Yeah losing a good mechanic is tough like losing a good doctor well maybe that's a toss up! I live in Lakeridge on the Eastside County but I'll keep an eye out. Just had a Mercedes mechanic move in a couple doors down I'll ask see if he knows anyone

Old 07-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Forum Regular

TIA
My garage.

My roomate is a technician for Mercedes-Benz Chantilly so working on our cars is a breeze for him. We have jacks, jackstands and a giant Snap-On tool-box with just about every tool we'd ever need. Just throw a little bit of money his way and maybe a six-pack of Angry Orchard (or comparable Hard Cider) and he'll take care of you.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Forum Regular

The dreaded headliner droop has finally arrived At first, I though my hair was sticking up. hahaha

Does anyone have a shop in the DC metro area that they recommend? and how much did you pay?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the offer Josh, I may take you up on it if Curry's makes me unhappy after my next oil change. They're offering to continue their previous deal on oil changes (bring the oil and filter and they change it for $20)

Old 08-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone have a shop in the DC metro area that they recommend? and how much did you pay?
These guys come to you....
  • Lowest price, guaranteed
  • 20 Years of experience
  • 1 Year guarantee on all new replacements
  • Color matched materials
Headliner Replacements Washington, DC - DC Auto Headliner

Old 08-16-2014, 04:44 AM
Forum Regular

Syfi, Tks for the referral. Dave came out and did a good job for $130.

He said he hasn't worked on an xfire in a couple yrs. just wondering, how did u hear of him?

Old 08-16-2014, 07:56 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello fellow NVA Crossfire Owners. I have a 2005 Aero Blue 6-speed Limited Roadster. Not many XF to be seen by me. I bought it about a month ago from a guy in Fairfax. I live in Burke. No repairs done on this car yet but I recommend Fairfax Auto Repair. My neighbors owns the shop and does honest good work. Fairfax Auto Repair- Award Winning Car Repair Shop in Fairfax, VA

Old 08-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

He said he hasn't worked on an xfire in a couple yrs. just wondering, how did u hear of him?
To be honest with you, I simply did a Google search of headliner installers in the DC area. Dave had the highest rating from customer's reviews. I believe it was on the Yellow Pages site.

Mike S

Old 10-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular

The dreaded headliner droop has finally arrived At first, I though my hair was sticking up. hahaha

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the offer Josh, I may take you up on it if Curry's makes me unhappy after my next oil change. They're offering to continue their previous deal on oil changes (bring the oil and filter and they change it for $20)
My friends own a shop and they recently did a black suede headliner in one of their shop cars. They ended up having some leftover suede so when my headliner started drooping they offered to do mine in suede for me for free

Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Forum Regular

TIA
Hey Tom,

I just wanted to let you know that I recently went to Curry's for the first time and I had an outstanding experience. I went there to get my car inspected after my car initially got turned away by the service station in Atlas Walk (the Shell gas station that has the cigar shop attached to it) for being too low. The mechanics/technicians at that service center referred me to Curry's which is actually quite funny being as I literally drove by Curry's to get there in the first place. Anywho Curry's didn't give me any gripes for my car being low and the mechanic that handled my inspection actually talked to me for a while about my car after he pulled it around. He also mentioned that he has worked on another SRT-6 that comes in occasionally and mentioned the owner autocrosses it - I am presuming that is you? He said that our cars were setup very differently but thought it was cool to see people still doing things with Crossfires.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 PM
Forum Regular

Josh,

Yup, that would probably be me. They have done the routine maintenance and inspections on both my 6s.

Previously, I've taken the 05, autocrossing and to the track at Summit Point.
Didn't get a chance to this year, but might next yr.

Still got my #? Call me if you want to grab a drink @ BJs.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:46 PM

I've been dealing with Rick at Eurotech, in Stafford, for years (Eurotech, A Mercedes Benz and Volvo Sales and Service Center). I first met him about 10 years ago when I bought an MB S class that had a fan problem; local dealer wanted $300 just to look at it, and said they were going to replace the fan, etc., for about $1200; Rick told me how to check it, and the part cost me $150 - he was dead on in diagnosing it, and a good bottle of red wine was well worth his advice.
When I took the -6 there, he didn't want to touch it at first, but once he realized it was just an AMG in disguise, he had no issues with it, and has been my go to guy since.
For those close to I95, he's just off the exit for Stafford Airport - tell him I sent you.

Kevin Long

Old 05-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by klong
I've been dealing with Rick at Eurotech, in Stafford, for years (Eurotech, A Mercedes Benz and Volvo Sales and Service Center). I first met him about 10 years ago when I bought an MB S class that had a fan problem; local dealer wanted $300 just to look at it, and said they were going to replace the fan, etc., for about $1200; Rick told me how to check it, and the part cost me $150 - he was dead on in diagnosing it, and a good bottle of red wine was well worth his advice.
When I took the -6 there, he didn't want to touch it at first, but once he realized it was just an AMG in disguise, he had no issues with it, and has been my go to guy since.
For those close to I95, he's just off the exit for Stafford Airport - tell him I sent you.

Kevin Long
Good to know! There is a shop a few miles from me called Evolve Sport Automotive (Auto Repair Shop in Manassas VA - Evolve Sport Automotive) that evidently specializes in Mercedes. I've never actually been there but I think I might swing by soon to check it out.

Josh,

Yup, that would probably be me. They have done the routine maintenance and inspections on both my 6s.

Previously, I've taken the 05, autocrossing and to the track at Summit Point.
Didn't get a chance to this year, but might next yr.

Still got my #? Call me if you want to grab a drink @ BJs.
Maybe one day if I ever have my car back in my possesion......lol. This paintjob thing has been quite the ordeal. I'm hopeful that I will have the car back soon and then i'd love to meet up for drinks. And no, I have a new phone so I don't believe I still have your #.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Woodstock, VA! Second time around as a Crossfire owner. My family owns a Chrysler dealership here in town so if anyone needs anything from Mopar let me know and I will do what I can for the local folks!

Old 06-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by turboomni08
I'm in Woodstock, VA! Second time around as a Crossfire owner. My family owns a Chrysler dealership here in town so if anyone needs anything from Mopar let me know and I will do what I can for the local folks!
define "local" please

Old 06-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, this was a Northern Virginia thread so I suppose I meant VA DC MD but if there is anything I can do for you just PM me!

Old 06-12-2015, 03:30 AM

Just a Hello from the other side of the Potomac! Just reading through the threads above, there's quite a few XF's in Rockville, though not many on show up here on the Forum. However MD Chapter of CICCI is a good group and often holds "drives" and attends shows together.

In fact there is an annual show we host in August at a Winery, just north US70. I'll revise this post with the info, and I hope some of you will come by. Alternatively if any of you get together, its just a quick drive across the River to VA, so post up some meeting suggestions.

UPDATE:
Just a selection of things that are noted by the COM (Crossfires of Maryland) crew.

Quick summary of events for you calendar:
1. June 21 - Kent Island Car Show and Gathering Post Show at Annies Steakhouse on Kent Island. All the info has already been posted on this in previous emails. We have reservations but confirm our numbers 48 hours in advance so if you aren't coming, please let us know. Right now, we have 12 confirmed. Others, please let us know ASAP.

2. July 10-12 - Chrysler National at Carlisle: Here's the thread with all the details on the Forum: Chrysler Nationals Carlisle PA. July 10-12 2015 There are about 25 Owners (at this time) going from the east coast. Fun Event. For the newbies, this is fun and a great bonding event with other XFire owners from all over. I believe all COM members are going. We stay at a hotel together under CICCI and have a blast. We park at the event together and have our own tent and awards. If you come this weekend, we can give you the scoop.

3. August 1 - Newly Added: The Annapolis Car Show: TheAnnapolisCarShow.com (443) 693-SHOW Not sure how many are / can go but the details and coordination will follow later.

4. August 8- COM Cruise-In at Linganore Winery and Red Shedman Brewery. This is hosted by COM. Details our on our flyer. We moved from the show format (last 3 years) to a more casual Cruise-In format. Great venue and should be great family event. Beer, wine, food, music, raffle etc.

Last edited by Sennaspirit; 06-12-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Forum Regular

Reviving this thread. Y'all still alive out there? lol

Quick Reply: Northern Virginia