Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Need source for Auto Shutdown relay

Old 11-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need source for Auto Shutdown relay

tighed1 is going to fix my RCM so I better get it out and on its way to him before he gets that TURBO Monster back ! The Key Fix was the 1st thing I did myself on my Crossfire. Thank goodness for YouTube !

Old 11-23-2016, 09:50 AM

Does anyone here have an e-mail , contact name and number for someone @ Eurocharged that I could get from them ? I would like someone who knows Crossfire "Stuff". Cant seem to get in touch with them. Maybe closed for Holiday......... Thanks ! Happy Turkey Day !

Old 11-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Rob at NeedsWings "knows Crossfire stuff".

His forum name is needswings
send him an IM.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:33 AM

Sorry I was not clear, I trust you all here on "Crossfire Stuff" but I am looking to send my computer to get it "Flashed" of "Tuned" with the Latest and Greatest tune and I cant get it touch with them.... Thanks for the quick reply ala_xfire !

Old 11-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

You do not send your PTCM module to them, your tune is done via their app on your laptop via OBDC.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:58 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by one mile
Does anyone here have an e-mail , contact name and number for someone @ Eurocharged that I could get from them ? I would like someone who knows Crossfire "Stuff". Cant seem to get in touch with them. Maybe closed for Holiday......... Thanks ! Happy Turkey Day !
If you look at the past history of EC you will find many people who have complained of bad customer follow up. They are not the only people who do this tuneup, lnMotion is another company. EC gets all of the attention despite their reputation for not replying to many emails in a timely fashion.
I cannot decide if this is because they are too busy, have a lack of business acumen or simply do not care.

I shall no doubt here from their blinkered fans who support them regardless of the facts.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the heads up onehundred80 . I was hoping to be able to send it to them because I thought you had to buy a special patch cable. I guess I will have to read a little more to see if I have the guts to try on my own. Old dog new tricks keep biting me in the a** ! LOL !

Old 11-23-2016, 09:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 11-24-2016, 11:03 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the heads up onehundred80 . I was hoping to be able to send it to them because I thought you had to buy a special patch cable. I guess I will have to read a little more to see if I have the guts to try on my own. Old dog new tricks keep biting me in the a** ! LOL !
Very few tuners and not their only business. So it is what it is. They will contact you. It isn't hard to hook a cable, a computer, and they will talk you thru it. I'm an old dog, and these cars are totally different than any Camaro/Corvette I ever worked on. It has been a learning process. But, I can run with $100k cars all day long. So, to me the car is worth it. They have their little quirks, RCM, stick keys, bad alarms, but nothing that can't be over come. Now you talk about building old cars. How 'bout building a new car. I had to add posi-traction, gearing, all the add on engines mods. And guess what? Not one of them is an after market industry standard like for a Camaro, a Mustang, etc. So, building one of these isn't something for faint of heart.

Old 11-24-2016, 11:06 AM

Thanks mrmiata great post ! The big problem is I can't talk to anyone ! Ha ha ! I am old school to where I expect to verbally communicate with someone to get warm and fuzzy about what I am buying. But I am giving them the benefit of the doubt with it being the holidays. My daughter is home from college and I can focus on her ( as I should ) and start calling again next week. I love this forum , I wish I had all this access to information " back in the day" when I was heavy into the street. Sure would have saved a BUNCH of money ! Yes oledoc2u I am slowly getting my feet wet . Thanks for all the help ! Tim

Old 11-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Check out INMotion (CLICK)
They have a very similar product and some members here have their tune. Better or not I do not know. Compare prices, compare service, they say they have lifetime updates.
They do have an excellent site to look at though.

Old 11-24-2016, 06:49 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Thanks mrmiata great post ! The big problem is I can't talk to anyone ! Ha ha ! I am old school to where I expect to verbally communicate with someone to get warm and fuzzy about what I am buying. But I am giving them the benefit of the doubt with it being the holidays. My daughter is home from college and I can focus on her ( as I should ) and start calling again next week. I love this forum , I wish I had all this access to information " back in the day" when I was heavy into the street. Sure would have saved a BUNCH of money ! Yes oledoc2u I am slowly getting my feet wet . Thanks for all the help ! Tim

One hint (haven't read all your posts), have you downloaded the parts/service manuals (and a few of the member tutorials that help fix all kinds of problems) yet? 180 has a wealth of listings, not sure if there are more elsewhere. It has been a long time since I downloaded a HD full of help tutorials for my XF. Have fun!

Old 11-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Talking Re: Need source for Auto Shutdown relay

Good news, I got an e-mail from Philip @ Eurocharged and after diligent search of posts I am going to go with their setup. They are closed today ( duh ) but they are having a Black Friday sale so why not ! I feel like a kid buying his first camshaft ha ha ! Alot of Reserch and all it takes is one phone call. Can't wait to get it ordered tomorrow. Wish me luck ! Tim

Old 12-27-2016, 05:24 PM

Bought a "Tune" for myself for christmas, just finished downloading it with help from my daughter. Man this is how it should have run from the factory ! Runs alot better and now I am looking into more worthwhile mods on this engine. Woke it up just enough to get me interested in playing with it again. Thanks for everyone's input !
keeping my eyes open for a deal on an SRT........