Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Wheels - Tires & Suspension Blues

Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Wheels - Tires & Suspension Blues

I guess I'm just venting, but it seems like all the mod's I do on my SRT6 something just ain't right.

1 - Eibach springs, lowered the front too much and didn't lower the back enough. When test fitting my new wheels I found I have some tire rubbing issues with the OEM's, so I'm going to have to raise the front back up some.
2 - Ordered new 285/35/19's, ($860) for the back to get a wider look & fill up the difference of the front & rear fender well gap and they really don't look any wider than the 255's did on the car, but I do get better traction.
3 - Ordered new chrome wheels, 18's for the front & 19's for the back planning on using the front 225/40/18 OEM tire's. From checking tire site's a 225/40 would work fine on an 8.5 wheel, but I had a friend that just put his 225/40's on his new 8.5 wheels and they look like crap. So now I'm trying to get a pair of 245/35/18's for the front, ($652) and told up to 3 weeks to get them.
4 - The new wheels came in last week and one of them was damaged during shipping, so I'm still waiting on the wheel place to get that straightened out.
5 - When test fitting the new wheels on front, I found I was going to have to get a pair of 10mm spacers to get the center cap to go on the wheels. So I ordered all my lug bolts and spacers from Ezaccessories.com. they arrived yesterday. When I opened the box it had two boxes inside, one with lug bolts & one with spacers and no packing at all. Both boxes were busted open, the bolts are all scuffed up and some scratches and so were the spacers.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010793.JPG (644.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wheels - Tires & Suspension Blues

Bummer on the wheel rash...what wheel is it?

Seems to me like it is a run of bad luck more so than the car's fault.

Once it is all done, it will be well worth it!

SQ

Old 08-16-2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by ShawnQ
Bummer on the wheel rash...what wheel is it?

Seems to me like it is a run of bad luck more so than the car's fault.

Once it is all done, it will be well worth it!

SQ
They are Stern ST-8 Hyper Mesh II, I'll try to load a picture. And look at the rear of the '04 coupe I'm posting, that's what a 285 should look like. HUMMM, wheel pic won't enlarge, there's a pic that will in one of my other post, "After market wheel info."

Attached Images
wheel1[1].jpg (2.4 KB, 263 views)
P1000371.JPG (719.4 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 08-16-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve:

Do you have any photos of your car before and after the Eibachs (without changing the wheels)? I'm still trying to figure out if I want to do the Eibachs, and I'm interested to see how the car looks pre and post Eibachs without cutting them down.

Thanks.

Last edited by eganders; 08-21-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by eganders
Hi Steve:

Do you have any photos of your car before and after the Eibachs (without changing the wheels)? I'm still trying to figure out if I want to do the Eibachs, and I'm interested to see how the car looks pre and post Eibachs without cutting them down.

Thanks
Here's a few pic's, only one is with out the Eibach's. Well the pic's wouldn't load, it said because I have already loaded them. They are in a post named "New Springs On Their Way".

Old 08-23-2007, 05:46 PM

Well I should have my replacement wheel for the one that was damaged in shipping sitting at home when I get there. I called the tire shop and my new 245/35/18 PS2's are in, so if the new wheel has not been damaged during shipping I'll be taking a butt load of wheels and tire's over in the back of my truck tomorrow to the tire shop to spend some more money.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:56 PM

Looking forward to seeing it...those wheels should look great!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
Here's a few pic's, only one is with out the Eibach's. Well the pic's wouldn't load, it said because I have already loaded them. They are in a post named "New Springs On Their Way".
Hi Steve:

In those photo you mention that it has both the Eibachs and the new tires installed. What I'd like to see is photos with the Eibachs, but with the stock tires, since it drops slightly differently front and rear.

If the look is not too bad, I'll probably go with just the springs. If it looks bad, I'll have to figure out something else.

Thanks.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by eganders
Hi Steve:

In those photo you mention that it has both the Eibachs and the new tires installed. What I'd like to see is photos with the Eibachs, but with the stock tires, since it drops slightly differently front and rear.

If the look is not too bad, I'll probably go with just the springs. If it looks bad, I'll have to figure out something else.

Thanks.
I didn't take any picture's between the installing the Eibach's and putting on the bigger tire's. If when you receive the springs and the new rear springs are about an inch taller like mine were, I'd cut a little off. As for the front I spent about 4 hours yesterday with a spring compressor compressing the front springs to install a 1/4" homemade spacer above the spring cup, man that was a PITA. I done it without unbolting anything, if I would have had the right spring compressor it might not have been so bad. I got my new front tire's and replacement wheel this past Thursday so I went and had the OEM 255's put back on the OEM rear wheels. Then had the 285/35's put on the new rear wheels and the new 245/35's put on front, they look pretty good on the car. But I got to take my spacers for the front into work and use a metal lathe to shave off 3/4 mm from the inside of it to get the hub centrical spacer to fit over the spindle dust cover. I had to use a 10mm spacer to get the center caps to go on the wheel, I just ordered some spacers and longer lug bolt's for the rear about an hour ago. I wanted the tire's to stick out the same distance on the front and rear. If just keep throwing money at it, I'm bound to get it right one of these day's. It will probably be close to the end of the week before I get the part's I just ordered, when I get them on I'll post up some pic's.

Last edited by Steve Hellums; 08-27-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:14 PM

I'm trying to load some picture's of my new wheels and I keep getting a data base error. Anybody else having problems loading pic's today?

This is what I keep getting.
There seems to have been a problem with the CrossfireForum.org database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
RPM

I run into those problems w/pics on here too. I got tired of it and set up a flickr.com page.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
I run into those problems w/pics on here too. I got tired of it and set up a flickr.com page.
I've really not had many problems loading pic's, I've check and the jpeg's are less than the max 1.91 MB. Well I did finally get 1 of the 6 to load.

Attached Images
P1010830.JPG (631.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 08-31-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
I had a second browser loaded up with a new thread, I resized the pic's and they loaded.