Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Need new M-B Oem Bolt kit for alignment??? Need inputs from you guys

Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new M-B Oem Bolt kit for alignment??? Need inputs from you guys

Today I went to get an alignment on my 04 coupe and was told that my left wheel camber is off so my car pulls to the right. They told me in order for them to perform an alignment I need to buy and replace M-B oem bolt kit so they can do "Camber/ Caster adjustment." He said that the stock one cannot be adjusted. They said they dont replace these, and that I need to find a mechanic who will replace these for me and than come back for an alignment. Is this a big job? Why cant they just adjust the stock one? Can dealership adjust the stock one? Im not really familiar with car alignments so I need inputs from everyone.

Thank you

Old 04-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Default Re: Need new M-B Oem Bolt kit for alignment??? Need inputs from you guys

anybody???

Old 04-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need new M-B Oem Bolt kit for alignment??? Need inputs from you guys

I went thru this process last August , it took almost a month to get the correct bolts, then the dealership had to farm it out to an alignment shop as they couldn't do the work at their facility. I asked for info on what was the camber readings before and after the repair,but am still waiting for that info (as well as the bill)Good Luck with your dealership

Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 PM

i called the dealership and they have the bolts for 14.95 pair. Now are these the correct bolts I dont know.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:33 PM

This sounds bogus to me. I just had (yesterday) my front aligned at the Long Beach Chry. dealer and it was completed and serviced in three hours. I was getting wear on the inside right tire. Nothing was said about bolts.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by banej
Today I went to get an alignment on my 04 coupe and was told that my left wheel camber is off so my car pulls to the right. They told me in order for them to perform an alignment I need to buy and replace M-B oem bolt kit so they can do "Camber/ Caster adjustment." He said that the stock one cannot be adjusted. They said they dont replace these, and that I need to find a mechanic who will replace these for me and than come back for an alignment. Is this a big job? Why cant they just adjust the stock one? Can dealership adjust the stock one? Im not really familiar with car alignments so I need inputs from everyone.

Thank you
How far off? I would want to know what the camber was on each side before getting the replacement bolt installed. I have the bolts in the front of my car (to maximize the amount of negative camber I can get for autocross)...the bolts are good for 0.4-0.5 degrees. I was fortunate that my alignment guy agreed to put the bolts in while my car was on the rack. (it was a pain in the butt though...took him a while).

It is true that camber is not adjustable stock. Toe is the only adjustment available on both ends of the car.

If you have the bolt in, you'll probably want to re-align after a couple months. The replacement bolt is notched and kinda settles into place after time, which gives a little bit more camber (not a big deal and actually what I wanted), but also causes some toe-out (quite a bit), which is probably not what you want.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by banej
i called the dealership and they have the bolts for 14.95 pair. Now are these the correct bolts I dont know.
sounds right...they're not expensive parts

Old 04-10-2008, 06:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Doug Magill
This sounds bogus to me. I just had (yesterday) my front aligned at the Long Beach Chry. dealer and it was completed and serviced in three hours. I was getting wear on the inside right tire. Nothing was said about bolts.
could have been a toe issue as much/more than camber...toe is harder on tires than camber

Old 04-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The crossfire doesn't have an adjustable camber or casted from the factory. We can only adjust toe. If you get the bolt kit, then you can make the adjustment. For the dealers that don't do it, they are just lazy. For the guy who waited 3 hours for the alignment, I'm sorry, it took me 20 min to do mine, and alignments are'nt my thing.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah ,now I have found another reason to move to Florida , a Tech that knows the Crossfire and my Brother in law that is working with sub prime forclosures(Gainsville)