Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Lowering my Xfire concerns?

Old 05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering my Xfire concerns?

Ok. I've had my crossfire for about four months now and i've put on a magnaflow kit and mandrus milleniums. Now i want it to sit snug over the wheels but i'm a little concerned about lowering it. I put a pro kit on my old civic si and had to buy adjustable rear upper control arms and camber bolts for the front to get it to align right. That was an unexpected nearly two hundred dollar expense. Has anybody had any problems aligning a crossfire after an eibach kit? If so is there anything you can buy to adjust rear camber? Also does the eibach kit lower evenly? My civic sat way lower in the rear which annoyed me to the point that i sold it. And is it super hard to install a pro kit? I did it on my civic. I have a lift. Is it do-able?

Old 05-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lowering my Xfire concerns?

The install is easy for the backs. The front is a little tricky since you'll have to do everything in order to get it all to come apart right.

My car sits even and looks fantastic. I could have used maybe 3-5mm more of a drop in the back, but whatever. You can solve that issue by getting different sized spring cup thingers.

The camber kit for this car runs, what, $300+? A lot of members have noted that the camber is not too far off from factory spec, so you shouldn't see all that much of uneven tread wear.

I'll tell you right now. Do not over-tighten the shocks when you put them back in. This is common knowledge, but I wasn't supervising my buddy all that well and I'm left with a messed up shock because of it (haha).

But yea, it's really not that hard. Backs take all of 20 minutes. You'll remove the trunk liners and you'll see two bolts sticking up for the shocks -- take 'em off at the top there (you'll need to open the shock's dust cover and remove the rubber stopper and cut some of it off and reinstall it). Take the bolt out of the bottom of the control arm and the spring will basically just fall out. Cake.)

Front's require removing the long bolt in the engine bay to get the control arm to drop. You'll have to remove some stuff in the way on the passanger side to get to it, or you'll need to find a very stong person with very small hands. Hah. Will also need to take the spring out at the top (do the same trimming of the bump stop), take off the caliper, the caliper wire mount, and the sway bar. spring takes a good amount of force to get out -- recruit a friend and have multiple jacks.

Best of luck!

Last edited by khanable; 05-11-2008 at 05:17 PM.