View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM
RL67037
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: New SRT owner with a CEL

Originally Posted by Parallel Ice
They called to give me another teaser; apparently there is a leak coming from an electrical component that relates to the transmission.

But the great thing here is y'all have given me terrific starting places to QA and double check when I do my bi-weekly car checklist ^_^
I wonder if the leak could be from this common problem transmission connector?

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-ta-daaaa.html

Also, I would check the battery connections like Franc suggested and if you still have the white Varta battery, get a new one before you get stranded. But I feel the tranny "slip" that you are feeling is the S/C kicking in and out which would be the I/C pump needing replaced. I felt the same thing when I drove my new (to me) SRT back from OK City to Wichita (3 hour drive, approx). About every 20 or 30 minutes, the car would feel like it would "surge" forward (S/C kicking off). I never felt it when it would kick back in, but I definitely felt it when it shut off. Had no idea what it was until I found this forum.

As far as the error codes and what caused them, I am in the dark on that. I like Alaxfire's advice and have them cleared to see if they come up again (after the battery has been checked/tightened/replaced if needed).

I think you have multiple conditions here by coincidence.

RL

Last edited by RL67037; 01-24-2013 at 06:36 PM.