View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 07:57 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: newbee also

Originally Posted by APW
I a newbee as well so bear with me.
I recently purchased a 2005 Limited CF with 28000 miles. The vehicle is in great condition but not without a couple of issues. It has a soft top and the rear glass had some sort of a (better lack of words) a make shift sealer around it. After running the top up and down a few times the window is seprating from the top. I spoke to a top rated Upholstrey man, he is very familiar with the CF soft tops and Windows. He was speaking of some plastic clips ? That maybe needed to fix the issue?
I have few questions.
1) does anyone know of or where to get these clips for the soft top/rear window?
2) would it be easier just to replace with a new soft top with window?
3) where can I get a complete new radio antenna assembly?
4) the cup holder clip does not hold the lid closed, any suggestions on this?
I bought the car for a gift to my wife we have always loved these cars, the styling is timeless, We plan on keeping it for a long time.
I want to fix these issues long term and not just put a band aid on it.
1) I think he means these:

They are used to hold the window in while the glue sets. There are no "clips" other than these.

2) Way easier and very expensive. The new tops (aftermarket that is) have a sewed-in AND glued window. $1200 installed is the lowest price I've seen. Some of us have bought $700 tops on eBay and done it ourselves.

4) Replace the cupholder with the storage bin. If you want a cupholder, to go WalMart and find some aftermarket thing that either hangs on the back wall or sticks between the seat and console.

Go here and read, mostly post 4 but the whole thread:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...em-solved.html

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-02-2017 at 08:02 PM.