New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

newbee

Old 08-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbee

just wanted ta say hi , i'm paul and I just purchased an 04 coupe, white ,6 speed, with 54k on it. this thing is incredible, altho it does have a few issues (most of them I've found fixes for here). I hope to keep this car for a long time. thanks for being here paul

Old 08-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: newbee

Welcome to the forum, Paul. As your finding ,this forum is invaluable to a new, an even some of the ole hands around here. Lots of short cuts an simple answer's to a lot of ,"head scratcher "problems. Enjoy the (s)miles..

Old 08-25-2017, 07:01 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Congrats on your recent purchase & welcome to Our Forum. Sounds like you already found out about the vast amount of knowledge shared by all regarding DIY fixes on the Crossfire.

Later,

Old 08-25-2017, 08:40 AM
APW
Default Re: newbee also

I a newbee as well so bear with me.
I recently purchased a 2005 Limited CF with 28000 miles. The vehicle is in great condition but not without a couple of issues. It has a soft top and the rear glass had some sort of a (better lack of words) a make shift sealer around it. After running the top up and down a few times the window is seprating from the top. I spoke to a top rated Upholstrey man, he is very familiar with the CF soft tops and Windows. He was speaking of some plastic clips ? That maybe needed to fix the issue?
I have few questions.
1) does anyone know of or where to get these clips for the soft top/rear window?
2) would it be easier just to replace with a new soft top with window?
3) where can I get a complete new radio antenna assembly?
4) the cup holder clip does not hold the lid closed, any suggestions on this?
I bought the car for a gift to my wife we have always loved these cars, the styling is timeless, We plan on keeping it for a long time.
I want to fix these issues long term and not just put a band aid on it.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome from Wilmington, NC.

Check on Ebay ---http://www.ebay.com/itm/AM-FM-RADIO-STUBBY-ANTENNA-BASE-FOR-VW-PASSAT-BEETLE-JETTA-GOLF-GTI-MK3-MK4-/232463665336?fits=Make%3AVolkswagen%7CModel%3AJett a&hash=item361fea08b8:g:vjIAAOSw1aFZjhl8&vxp=mtr

might have to change the connector but it an exact replacement.
There are many listings, just used this one for reference;

Old 09-02-2017, 04:54 PM
APW
Default Apw

Does anyone know of a great source to get my 2005 Crossfire wheels re-chromed or a source to purchase great shape chrome wheels?
Thank you APW

Old 09-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by APW
I recently purchased a 2005 Limited CF with 28000 miles. The vehicle is in great condition but not without a couple of issues. It has a soft top and the rear glass had some sort of a (better lack of words) a make shift sealer around it. After running the top up and down a few times the window is seprating from the top. I spoke to a top rated Upholstrey man, he is very familiar with the CF soft tops and Windows. He was speaking of some plastic clips ? That maybe needed to fix the issue?
I have few questions.
1) does anyone know of or where to get these clips for the soft top/rear window?
I bought the car for a gift to my wife we have always loved these cars, the styling is timeless, We plan on keeping it for a long time.
He may be familiar with the soft tops but I have never heard of them mentioned on this forum, maybe he is thinking of another car or he is completely mistaken.

Old 09-02-2017, 07:57 PM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by APW
I have few questions.
1) I think he means these:

They are used to hold the window in while the glue sets. There are no "clips" other than these.

2) Way easier and very expensive. The new tops (aftermarket that is) have a sewed-in AND glued window. $1200 installed is the lowest price I've seen. Some of us have bought $700 tops on eBay and done it ourselves.

4) Replace the cupholder with the storage bin. If you want a cupholder, to go WalMart and find some aftermarket thing that either hangs on the back wall or sticks between the seat and console.

Go here and read, mostly post 4 but the whole thread:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...em-solved.html

Last edited by pizzaguy; 09-02-2017 at 08:02 PM.