All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Parking Lots / Parking Spaces

Old 12-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 477 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Parking Lots / Parking Spaces

Originally Posted by VALK
Why is it that no matter where I pick to park my Crossfire someone has to park closely right next to it even when every other space is open? This really pisses me off and it seems to happen often!! Today I stopped at a bakery for a cake and some dumb *** woman parked her mini van right next to my car so close that her passenger rear tire was over the line in my space. Let me mention that there were 8 other spaces to the left she could have chosen. Then she proceeded to get out and come around to get her little kid out and didn't have enough room to walk between her van and my car. So she gets back in her mini van and backs up and moves it over about a foot and pulls back into the exact same space again and gets out and gets the kid out and comes into the bakery where I am standing and have been watching her every move out in the parking lot. I wanted to ask her what her problem was but my wife didn't want me to cause a seen as she new I was ready to ream her a new A**hole by now. I always try to park away from other cars but it never fails some A**hole parks right next to me. I am proud of the no ding condition of my Crossfire and would like to keep it this way. Anybody else feel my frustration ??
I would love to hear from others here in the forum.
I posted the above quote here in August 2007 when I created this old thread
Today when I came out from Portillos after having lunch I found this Jeep parked right up next to me.
Of course I had parked in the furthest corner of the parking lot where nobody else would likely park right
Well this guy must have thought ....what the hell I might as well park next to this guy
I'm sure several of you can relate and share similar stories here

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_4215....jpg (200.6 KB, 227 views)
Old 12-20-2015, 09:03 AM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Gary
I have one, actually two that will top your story about close parking. It has happened twice at our local Cars & Coffee events.

The first time the victim was a Ferrari, door dinged by a one time Corvette owner. The second time, the victim was a new supercharged Jaguar, dinged by a BMW. Both owners that did the damage, just blew it off to the victims by saying "sorry".

BTW, neither of the perpetrators returned to the C&C event, after their misdeeds.

There are idiots in this world, whether car geeks or soccer moms!

Dennis
DTMenace

Old 12-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

A month or so ago I parked my car as far away from the mall entrance as I could, I had dropped the wife of at the doors. The area was quite empty except for a nice BMW with a couple getting out of it. I parked right beside them, they looked at me a bit strange, as I got out I told them that my car would protect one side of their car and they would protect one side of mine, they thought about it, laughed and said thanks. So if someone parks next to you in the waste lands of the car park remember that and not scrape their car side with your key.

When I got back to the wife waiting at the door she complained that I had been a long time, I told her I parked so far away I had to wait for a taxi.

She always laughs when I park far away from the crowded areas, so I tell her to look at her 18 month old car with its dings and scrapes before she says anything. I am none to sure which ones she has put in and which ones others did. I know that she did the curb rash on one of the wheels, she admitted that. She was really ticked when I told her that as soon as you hear the scrape, stop and reverse off the curb and not continue to drive on like she obviously did, resulting in a 360 degree scuff and before you say it, it will not buff out.

Old 12-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife,as yours,has saved many a man an woman a very contemptuous, sarcastic, condescending, verbal assault, as to this point! (She says she saves me from getting my A** kicked?) Women huh ?

Old 12-21-2015, 06:34 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Several years back, wife & I spent a weekend at Chateau Elan in Braselton, GA (north of Atlanta). During this visit, I parked the XFire myself rather than have valet service take care of it. On FRI evening, I parked up in the overnight lot nearest the lodge on the end of the back row. So the XFire was protected on the PS (I backed in) and the rear. SAT morning the landscape cpntractor was mowing grass on the site. In the attempt to get the grass cut right up to the edge of curbing, the guy scraped the rear of the XFire with the mower! Put several scratches along the rear bumper & cracked the DS taillight assembly. I was PISSED!

Old 12-21-2015, 06:41 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

I posted the above quote here in August 2007 when I created this old thread
Today when I came out from Portillos after having lunch I found this Jeep parked right up next to me.
Of course I had parked in the furthest corner of the parking lot where nobody else would likely park right
Well this guy must have thought ....what the hell I might as well park next to this guy
I'm sure several of you can relate and share similar stories here

Something like this happens more frequent than we'd like to think. I typically park any & all of my vehicles similar to VALK's in the above photo. And I can usually bet on finding someone who parks right next to me jus to get me wound up. I always check the side of my vehicle for any new damage and so far, I've been lucky that nothing significant has ever been found. Not sure what I would do if a major door ding was discovered. I gave up 'keying' a car way back - I switched to 'knifing' the tire sidewall instead.

Later,

Old 12-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Something like this happens more frequent than we'd like to think. I typically park any & all of my vehicles similar to VALK's in the above photo. And I can usually bet on finding someone who parks right next to me jus to get me wound up. I always check the side of my vehicle for any new damage and so far, I've been lucky that nothing significant has ever been found. Not sure what I would do if a major door ding was discovered. I gave up 'keying' a car way back - I switched to 'knifing' the tire sidewall instead.

Later,
I hope that is all BS as that is the way it reads. With security cameras all over and dash cams you could get into big trouble pretty quick.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is it that no matter where I pick to park my Crossfire someone has to park closely right next to it even when every other space is open? This really pisses me off and it seems to happen often!! Today I stopped at a bakery for a cake and some dumb *** woman parked her mini van right next to my car so close that her passenger rear tire was over the line in my space. Let me mention that there were 8 other spaces to the left she could have chosen. Then she proceeded to get out and come around to get her little kid out and didn't have enough room to walk between her van and my car. So she gets back in her mini van and backs up and moves it over about a foot and pulls back into the exact same space again and gets out and gets the kid out and comes into the bakery where I am standing and have been watching her every move out in the parking lot. I wanted to ask her what her problem was but my wife didn't want me to cause a seen as she new I was ready to ream her a new A**hole by now. I always try to park away from other cars but it never fails some A**hole parks right next to me. I am proud of the no ding condition of my Crossfire and would like to keep it this way. Anybody else feel my frustration ??
I would love to hear from others here in the forum.
I DO hear your frustration Gary. Unfortunately I have a pretty bad nerve problem in my side and hip area and have a Handicap Placard. Those spaces are much larger, although I have had some of those folks get close to the car. I don't usually use the HP except with our bigger car, but do if I am using the XF and parking somewhere. OH, and I do have a cane I can beat them with should they get too close. LOL

Old 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yesterday I parked in the final most spot before the traffic lane, edged just on the line away from the only side parking was allowed. Anyone legally parked would have to make a serious effort to reach my door. When I returned a beat up van had parked illegally right in the traffic lane within inches of me.

The other day, in my Jaguar, I parallel parked out on the far edge of a lot to prevent any possibility of car dings only to discover my back bumper rubbed by whoever parked behind me when I returned.

Its hard to keep 'em nice in a world where people don't care and drive massive vehicles not made for city streets and parking lots.

Old 04-20-2020, 10:19 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

i know this has been dormant for 3 years but i just found it by chance.
once parked at the only space left, at the right side next to the ridge. nose in. there was enough room between mine and the next. didnt think much of it when i went to the pharmacy to get a prescription that had to be prepared, so i had to wait.
when i went back to my car, the car next left and another fellow with a jeep parked so close that i couldnt even open the door. the only way was to sneak through the right side over the console.
now when i find just a spot next to the ridge i do it in reverse so if the car next leaves and another parks too close i still have enough room to enter and am not in the same situation.
this can happen even with any other car, but the strategy still works.
but i agree that something strange happens when you own a car like this. others behave weird.