All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What made you buy your Crossfire

Old 10-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What made you buy your Crossfire

My wife and I always loved the styling. I was traveling on business, when I learned a friend had died. Our aniversary was coming up and I wondered what I was waiting for! Now I wonder why I waited so long.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 PM

All i can say is the ( LOOKS ) I dont even care if it doesent perform as well as others. We still have a car that has LOOKS that no other can match

Old 10-25-2010, 01:17 PM

I bought mine because of the looks and because of the looks and because of the looks. Then I took it for a test drive and I bought it for the looks and the drive ..I bought it for the looks and the drive!

Saw it when it first came out and said to my wife and the salesman...one day I will own one of these. When the time came that we could afford to treat ourselves to a sports car, we did not look at anything else....we looked up Crossfires and bought ours....and I 'm still as happy today as the day I picked it up!

Old 10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rare beauties and.....ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 AM

I bought my Crossfire because it was easily the best performance bang for the buck at the time. Oh, and I fell in love with the pop-up spoiler!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Received 517 Likes on 356 Posts

I bought my crossie for the same reason I married my wife.

Once I met her, I could think of nothing else.
Same with the Crossie.

Years later, after good times and bad, in both cases, we are still best friends

roadster with a stick

BTW, I prefer both of them with the top down.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 11-04-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:46 PM

Gorgeous car, bang for the buck.

I both wanted and could afford to spend a bit (but not too much!) on a well-performing, solid car, and the Crossfire seemed to fit the bill, and looks amazing to boot.

Around here, for what I paid for my 53,000 mile Crossfire I could have had a WRX with 90,000 miles and a nearly-blown turbo, a boring Honda, or an older money-pit Audi... the choice was pretty easy

Old 11-04-2010, 03:17 AM

yea it ias quite a bit of shifting but nonetheless fun on the open road but a headache in traffic because the crossfire has quick takeoff and the car in front of you is rather slow most of the time i wanted an auto but i bargained for a stick

Originally Posted by jimbo257
Crysler Hype, I got a brochure from Chrysler last year and really liked the design. "Ordered," told the Dealer I wanted one in Aug 02 - Dealer said OK, price was MSRP. I got the first one my Dealer received, an SSB 6 Speed. I had Wanted automatic, but took what came in as I looked at one in Jacksonville the week before $7000.00 over MSRP. The Dealer was only scheduled for 2 and didn't have a clue on what the next one would be. I wasn't disapointed, but after driving it for a week decided I needed an automatic. Too much shifting for an old man. Had my "Thrills" many times in the past so I don't need to burn the tires anymore. No curves here in Florida either. So the automatic is the right car for me. Found a Deealer with two automatics who was willing to trade for my car and the list difference so I traded. Cost me $1100, + $500.00 to ship my car to the Dealer in Naples, Fl. When the SSB/6 Speed (#1600) came in the Dealer called me before it was off the Truck. He didn't even put it on the showroom floor. Came off the truck wednesday, they checked it out, cleaned it up and I picked it up on thursday morning. They would't let anyone near the car excpet the mechanic, detailer, and Salesman that delivered it to me. A few days latter I took my PT Crusier in for an oil change and drove the Crossfire to the Dealer when I picked the PT up, they still hadn't received another one so It got a lot of attention .

Have 2000 miles on my Alasbaster Automatic and stilll having fun and turning heads. I've seen a couple here in town (tourist), but haven't seen on "on the Road." Made two trips to Jacksonville and one to Orlando, the car gets a lot of attention.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Forum Regular

In spring 2005 I was looking for a second car and saw a black '04 sitting off to the side at a Chrysler used car lot. Immediately I recognized it's European styling, and loved the hood strakes as I first saw it from the front. Asked the salesman WHAT it was, and he said, "Ah, it's our biggest mistake that you probably don't want and probably can't afford".
I had NO more knowledge of it than that. Pulled out my wallet and paid cashfor it on the spot,(blew the salesman's mind). Got the full warranty coverage. An awesome car.
Sadly, after being T-boned by a jerk in our other car, my wife's injuries prohibited her from getting in/out of my little car. Had to trade her in (the car)for a 300 Ltd. within a year.
Here in E. TN., five years later, I saw another XF in my neighborhood when I was out walking my dog. My wife saw how I looked at it as we walked by each day. She asked if I missed my XF. She surprised me with my present '05 Graphite Metallic Ltd. last April. I thought it was an April Fool's joke! My wife had gotten over her injuries year earlier so now she can ride along with me again.
Oh, and just like Franc, I loved both my wife and my Crossfire at first sight. They are both keepers.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacemaker
She asked if I missed my XF. She surprised me with my present '05 Graphite Metallic Ltd. last April. I thought it was an April Fool's joke! My wife had gotten over her injuries year earlier so now she can ride along with me again. I loved both my wife and my Crossfire at first sight. They are both keepers.
What a great ending to the story here
I'm happy that she fully recovered from her injuries and together you can both enjoy a Crossfire again
Hope to see ya in the Spring in NC !!!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks VALK. We're already signed up; got a room for the Spring Dragon. We shall see you there, God willing!

Old 04-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Forum Regular

SSB SRT6 bought April 2011 w/17,500 miles.
  1. Looks
  2. Engine
  3. Automatic Transmission
  4. Price/Value
  5. Build Quality
  6. Fun to drive
  7. Historic Value
  8. Rarity/Exclusivity
  9. Stealth - nobody knows what they are
  10. Features

Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 AM

how much did you pay for it?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jacques Levesque
how much did you pay for it?
Private sale ,$15,800 US in the northeast (Connecticut).

Old 04-22-2011, 03:11 AM
Default Re: Why did you choose the Crossfire?

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
I have to agree with BltByKrmn with this one. I had a Z51 Corvette convertible for 7 days just 2 weeks ago and put 1,020 miles on it. It was the most powerful and stable car I have ever driven. I have driven Vipers and even Ferrari's but found this Corvette to be the best american muscle car ever made. When the pics come back on the forum go to my gallery and have a look. Sure there are Corvettes all over the place but they are excellent cars
I'm totally agree with you !

Old 04-22-2011, 03:45 AM
Forum Regular

My car found me

9 months earlier I tried an Aero Blue car from Tom Ahl Family of Dealerships | New and Used Hyundai, Chrysler, RAM, Dodge, Buick, Jeep and GMC dealership in Lima

Previous owner was the secretary at an area Chrysler dealer. Her sonny boy was a salesman there.

But it had almost 40K miles and the IC pump was likely out ... it didn't move so quick ... y la mujer's Jaguar es necessita los repuestos

OTOH, waiting's good, or what...

Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 AM

Here is my story... I'm actually a bonified GM or Ford fan bigtime but..... I test drove a Saturn Sky and a Pontiac Soltice and was NOT impressed with either. My friend said come drive my Crossfire.... well one launch 0 to 60 in about 6 seconds sold me, with the ride and loks to boot I now own my 05 limited roadster and love it very much... One happy Chrysler owner..

Old 07-16-2011, 07:14 AM

I was looking at older Mercedes convertibles, but found the cost of maintenance ( and repairs ) to be a scary proposition. I then started looking at RX8s and was on my way to test drive one when I saw the Crossfire at the same dealership. Once I drove it I was hooked. It also helped that the 6 speed manual in my car at least seems to be MUCH faster than the ( automatic trans ) RX8s I drove. I was a bit nervous that the mechanicals are primarily Mercedes, but the engine sound is sweet and the performance is pretty good too.

... and my girlfriend loves the car. That certainly helped.

Last edited by backnblack; 07-16-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:47 PM

I bought my car solely based on style. I hate having a car like everyone else on the road, you see very few of these around.(my other car is a Delorean purchased for the same reason) I originally wanted an SRT6 but after months of searching I gave up and settled for a Limited coupe. No regrets.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dnivek
I bought my car solely based on style. I hate having a car like everyone else on the road, you see very few of these around.(my other car is a Delorean purchased for the same reason) I originally wanted an SRT6 but after months of searching I gave up and settled for a Limited coupe. No regrets.
Yup, I think I have the only roadster in Vermont. LOL. I have yet to see another CF on the road this summer around these parts. I love it!!!

Quick Reply: What made you buy your Crossfire