All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What made you buy your Crossfire

Old 12-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What made you buy your Crossfire

:?: Hello I am New here I drove this Car at the PT Block Party in Pomona Ca. This care Rocks Tammy Kenndle was right this This Is VERY Neatral Body Roll. My ? is What Made You Purchase This Car: Looks, Performance are both. I have Not Purchased Yet Probley not intell Spring Time. 8)

Old 12-05-2003, 01:59 AM

in my dads case, he saw a pop-up add for the crossfire on msn.com. he fell in love with the car the minute he saw it. my mom said we coulnt afford the car since we were fixing our boat at the time. not even 2 weeks later, my dad bought the car :lol:

Old 12-05-2003, 06:41 AM

I saw the report and test drive on speed channel and when they said the price I was sold. I told my wife we were going to the Chrysler dealer and if the price stated on that show was correct we would buy it. It was and I'm a super happy Camper!!! Where else could you get a brand new Mercedes SLK for under 36K?

Old 12-05-2003, 07:23 AM
kusheen
Default even better....

heck, here in Baltimore you can get a new one for under $30K...

Old 12-05-2003, 07:34 AM

Not here in Virginia Beach!!! The only mercedes you can get here for under 30K is either a couple of years old or a C Class with a 4 cylinder engine.

I just did some homework and MSRP for a 2004 SLK is 40 - 52K. If you can get them in Baltimopre for that cheap maybe I should come and buy them there and bring them back to Va. Beach for resale!!!

Old 12-05-2003, 08:25 AM

Crysler Hype, I got a brochure from Chrysler last year and really liked the design. "Ordered," told the Dealer I wanted one in Aug 02 - Dealer said OK, price was MSRP. I got the first one my Dealer received, an SSB 6 Speed. I had Wanted automatic, but took what came in as I looked at one in Jacksonville the week before $7000.00 over MSRP. The Dealer was only scheduled for 2 and didn't have a clue on what the next one would be. I wasn't disapointed, but after driving it for a week decided I needed an automatic. Too much shifting for an old man. Had my "Thrills" many times in the past so I don't need to burn the tires anymore. No curves here in Florida either. So the automatic is the right car for me. Found a Deealer with two automatics who was willing to trade for my car and the list difference so I traded. Cost me $1100, + $500.00 to ship my car to the Dealer in Naples, Fl. When the SSB/6 Speed (#1600) came in the Dealer called me before it was off the Truck. He didn't even put it on the showroom floor. Came off the truck wednesday, they checked it out, cleaned it up and I picked it up on thursday morning. They would't let anyone near the car excpet the mechanic, detailer, and Salesman that delivered it to me. A few days latter I took my PT Crusier in for an oil change and drove the Crossfire to the Dealer when I picked the PT up, they still hadn't received another one so It got a lot of attention .

Have 2000 miles on my Alasbaster Automatic and stilll having fun and turning heads. I've seen a couple here in town (tourist), but haven't seen on "on the Road." Made two trips to Jacksonville and one to Orlando, the car gets a lot of attention.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:27 AM

I have to admit it was looks that captured me! My other choices were a Mazda RX-8 (I'm an old RX-7 guy) and the Infiniti G35 coupe, both beautiful cars but the Crossfire has them beat hands down. Mercedes engine and underpinings and those wheels are just icing on the cake. Car & Drivers report also helped me decide, they refered to its structure as being as strong as an Abrams tank with handling better than the SLK. If they had a problem it was with available power, mentioned it could use a few more horses, but it's plenty quick enough for me. If I wanted a pocket rocket a Honda 2000 would have been my choice.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:30 AM

Looks was definitely a big factor but after a test drive I was hooked. Great handling and good performance. Always wanted a Mercedes so I finally got one

Old 12-05-2003, 08:36 AM

Hey Willie & WMichaels maybe we need to start a Alabaster Crossfire Club!

Old 12-05-2003, 08:46 AM

Cool!!! Do you think anyone would call us racists.... :lol:

Alabaster cars only!!!

Old 12-05-2003, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by WMichaels

Alabaster cars only!!!

only if we are going about 150 MPH :lol:

Old 12-05-2003, 12:05 PM

I took my boys to the Classic car rases in Monterey Cal. in September, saw the cars there ( they were being used as pase cars ). Fell in love
at first sight. I was ready to trade my mustang in for a new one at the
time............so one thing led to another and now the Crossfire lives
in the driveway where the Stang used to be.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:19 PM

Why did I buy the car? Good question since I didn't NEED it.

Took it for a drive a while back. Very nice. Pondered the decision to unload my 98 Cobra. Hmmm...305 HP or looks and handling? 305 HP or looks and handling? A few weeks go by Saw all the favorable posts on this forum. Took another drive. Saw the $3000 chrysler incentive.rebate/cash. Talked to the dealer about trade-in value. Thought some more. Done.

Now the Cobra sits in the snow at the dealer, and the XF is in the garage. Thanks to all the folks who contributed to this decision. I am thrilled.

Old 12-05-2003, 05:46 PM

I didn't need this car either.

Went to the Chrysler dealer looking to buy a new Seabring convertable. This dealer gave me a great price on a red Seabring, but my wife saw the X-fire sitting on the showroom floor and fell head over heels in love with it.
We went home and the next day I discussed this car with a good friend who really knows his European sports cars. He told me, I would be a fool to pass up a X-fire for a Seabring. Checked out the reviews in Car & Driver, etc and was impressed with their evaluations.

We returned to the dealer for a test ride that evening. Gave me the keys and told my wife and I the showroom was closing in 2 hours and have fun in the meantime. When we returned the car as they were closing up, I bought it.

Very happy with that decision. Very pleased with the dealer's sales staff.

Old 12-05-2003, 06:14 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Yes choosing a Sebring Convertible over the Crossfire would have been a big mistake in my opinion. The Sebring was my previous car, and I would have never bought another Chrysler if it weren't for the Crossfire. The brakes failed (completely once, and only the backs the second time, thank god for the emergency brake) twice, and an input/output sensor in my transmission failed twice also, crippling the transmission. They seem to have got their act together, and the Crossfire design and build quality its leaps and bounds ahead of my Sebring. MY reason for choosing the Crossfire? It's just such a sexy car.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by WMichaels

Alabaster cars only!!!
Are alabaster 6 speeds invited?

Old 12-05-2003, 11:39 PM

You bet!!!

Old 12-06-2003, 02:13 AM

Hello,
As I have stated before, what MADE me get this car was this. I work at the technical center and headquarters in Auburn Hills,Mi. I had been seeing this car for a while and was luke warm to it. One day however I was standing in the hallway talking to a coworker about a job and down the hall rolled this amazing white Crossfire. I was hit like the thunderbolt to Michael Corleone in the Godfather. After that point I became facinated with this car. I found that I liked the black color best though they all give me the same rise. This car has a look while in motion that is spellbinding. One of my co worker says that it looks like a cat on the road. I just love it.
Crosscrazy

Old 12-06-2003, 03:16 AM

I didn't need this car either.

A few weeks back, went into the chrysler/jeep dealer to get the rear number plate replaced on my Jeep Cherokee, which some how had fallen off (they replaced it under warrantee, apparently I'm not the only one!). As I was leaving, saw this amazing machine driving int the garage (this was the day before the UK launch). Wow, one short test drive late and my wifes crossfire (I'll let her think its hers) is being collected Sat 20th Dec, her CLK is no match.
Is the way it looks, it only had to drive OK! (which is does very well)

One expensive number plate!

By the way, we in the UK are being ripped off. The list price (no discounts yet) for auto plus paint (anything other than black) is 28900 which is almost $50000!

AND we cannot get Alabaster!

Old 12-06-2003, 06:29 AM
kusheen
Default shameles self indulgence

If any of you happen to find yourselves, with your car, in Annapolis Maryland, proceed to the corner of West Street and Route 2.

On the corner is a Provident Bank Branch. It is some kind of bizarre styling exercise for a bank, but the entire exterior, ground to roof, 360 degrees around, is mirrored glass.

Go on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday when it's closed, lest the employees think you're nuts. You can drive around it fully, and the whole time observe your car's reflection, in motion, in the mirrored glass.

Funny, everytime we're in town, I find I need to use the drive up ATM or drive through window...

Quick Reply: What made you buy your Crossfire