All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What made you buy your Crossfire

Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What made you buy your Crossfire

I have liked the look of the crossfire since it was introdued and even today the car has a timeless appearance except for the hazy headlamps but that's another story. I have rubbed and rubbed on those headlamps since I've gotten the car and i'm starting to think the problems is on the inside. At the time there was no way to get rid of our family van and get a two seater with kids. The kids are grown and on their own now so we decided it was time. We ended up purchasing a 2006 Crossfire Coupe Limited in white and we love it!!!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 08:17 PM

I just read an article 'bout crossfires here:2008 Chrysler Crossfire this is where I had ideas on my '08 model

Old 09-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I retired in 2003, I bought a GMC Sonoma. I worked around the house redoing everything inside and out. I finally said "damn, I am supposed to be retired". I have always wanted a roadster, something with pep and fun to drive. I didn't know how to approach the wife with this idea. One day while visiting friends they said their neighbor has a Miata for sale. We looked at it,(if I had it I would want to get rid of it too). I thought this is my chance so I looked around town for a newer Miata and we went to look at them. The third one was sitting right beside a Blaze red Crossfire, I said wow, she said wow. They wanted too much for it and it had too much mileage. We found another one (blue w/ white, gray interior) we could not deal with them. I searched the Internet and found just what we wanted, went to see it and traded my GMC. AN Aero Blue Pearlcoat w/ white, gray interior. We are both happy with it, and I have retired again. I look for places to go, and on weekends we just ride. The only bad thing is she wants to drive.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ewaynec
I retired in 2003, I bought a GMC Sonoma. I worked around the house redoing everything inside and out. I finally said "damn, I am supposed to be retired". I have always wanted a roadster, something with pep and fun to drive. I didn't know how to approach the wife with this idea. One day while visiting friends they said their neighbor has a Miata for sale. We looked at it,(if I had it I would want to get rid of it too). I thought this is my chance so I looked around town for a newer Miata and we went to look at them. The third one was sitting right beside a Blaze red Crossfire, I said wow, she said wow. They wanted too much for it and it had too much mileage. We found another one (blue w/ white, gray interior) we could not deal with them. I searched the Internet and found just what we wanted, went to see it and traded my GMC. AN Aero Blue Pearlcoat w/ white, gray interior. We are both happy with it, and I have retired again. I look for places to go, and on weekends we just ride. The only bad thing is she wants to drive.
If one of the places you decide to visit is Cheaha Mountain, drop by and see Susan and I.
I am only 14 miles down the road from there .....

Some of us will also be at the Verizon Ampitheater in Pelham Sep 16 for the autocross and SRT visit.
I don't compete, but cjw and blacksrt-6 do.
maxcichon from Auburn may also attend.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 09-02-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 AM

I like the look of the brand.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:31 AM

It is one of my dreams and I like the appearance.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 PM

This love story started from Latvia when I was on tour with my team from Finland. I saw black Crossfire on the side of a street and got impressed of it looks at the very first moment. Then I decided that one day I should buy one. Well ofcourse here in Finland nice cars costs way too much and I had to wait manymany years to have enough money to buy one.

Now I have had my very own black one over one year and I haven't regretted of buying it for a moment.

Only problem I have had was after this winter, when my alarm started to go off on it's own. Luckily I wasn't the only one with this problem and I found answer to my problem from here.

If anyone founds them selves from Finland. Come and meet me here at Helsinki.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular

I decided I wanted a coupe or a rag top for my retirement present to myself. I wanted an American mark, so it came down to the XF, or a T bird. It was a tough choice. But when I found my black roadster, that was it. But I still love the looks of the 2000's T birds too. Especially from the rear.

Last edited by Abaton6; 05-10-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 AM

They are just a great looking vehicle love Chrysler, as a brand. so i got my self a 2007 3.2 v6 just done fraction over 29.000miles.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dhenz
I just read an article 'bout crossfires here:2008 Chrysler Crossfire this is where I had ideas on my '08 model
I'm surprised you still bought one after reading THAT article. Pretty bad review.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Da devil made me do it!

Old 07-18-2013, 05:54 AM

I love that brand and its great look.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted a toy that didn't cost a lot to purchase or own. Something fun to drive, since I have a 150k return trip to work through the National Park. Gas will NEVER go down, so it needed to be less than 8 cylinders. Looked at a ton of different cars, from sport to performance sedan, and early on dismissed the Crossfire based upon all the reviews i'd seen. Ended up looking at one while in the City checking other cars out. I was cautiously optimistic when I saw it in the garage (barely self contained WOW factor). Got in the car and my oldest son and I looked at each other and went "wow nice car". When i shifted from 2nd to 3rd I said to him SOLD! Both my Sons told me later, that when they saw the car in the garage they thought we HAVE to buy this. Reviews are strictly a guideline i'm thinkin

2004 SSB 6spd Coupe. Annnnd.......my 2 Sons and Daughter are waiting for me to die

Old 08-18-2013, 05:57 PM

What's not to love about the Crossfire? It's a beautiful car, fun to drive and it doesn't look like any other car on the road. I like that unique factor. Other cars look like cookie cutters, all the same boring style. It was love at first sight for me!

Old 08-20-2013, 02:55 AM

I love its uniqueness. It’s a beautiful car.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:13 PM

I was driving a 1999 Mercury Cougar with 200,000 miles on it. I loved that car or so I thought. My husband was looking for a cheap car to use at his WV house. We looked at some real pieces of junk and as we were leaving the dealer's lot, we saw a Crossfire. It was love at first sight. I left, knowing I didn't need to buy a car. I went back the next day and they had sold it. They wanted me to buy a car, so they showed me other convertibles. I left. I went on line and found another one and bought it. FUNNY, the first car dealer called me the next day to say that the financing had fallen through and they had the car back. HA HA. That one was black and mine is white. I didn't even look at the payments because I didn't care what it was going to cost me (at least until the first payment was due).