All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What made you buy your Crossfire

Old 12-09-2003, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started off buying this car with my head. Looked at several cars and did my research; 350Z, RX-8, G35 Coupe, and a TT. Then my wife and I went out test driving, and when I drove this one my heart took over. The Crossfire had the best balance of luxury, performance, and sex. The looks I get are just icing on the cake as well. When I took my leased Mustang GT conv back to the dealer to turn it in, of course they wanted to sell me another Stang. When I told the dealer I'd purchased the Crossfire, his only question was if he'd get a chance to see it. This weekend we took an overnight trip into Seattle, where you see a lot of very nice cars. The valet at the hotel guessed I must have spent $60 or $70K for it. The best part was to see the looks from all the Mercedes drivers, including one guy in an SL55, and an SLK320 who followed me into the parking garage to ask about the car. No one I've talked to has ever seen one up close before. It's just plain fun all the way around.

SSB Auto-Stick, Cedar Interior, #1023

Old 12-09-2003, 07:57 PM

kusheen, that's too funny...but i've gotta try that. i still have yet to see another on the road other than mine and i really want to see what it is others are seeing as we're all drive around in ours!

daily, i'm between washington dc & kent island md, and often treking back home to pennsylvania as much as possible...and still i have not seen another. perhaps when i'm shopping in annapolis, or driving down west, i'll catch a glimpse of yours!

it must look great moving though, i keep getting the thumbs up from kids on school busses (future chrysler consumers!) and tourists in DC taking pictures all the time (which i find very strange, but flattering). take care.

bonsterbum
albaster autostick

Old 12-09-2003, 09:33 PM
kusheen
Default bonsterbum

bonster...

Do you live on KI? I was raised on the Eastern Shore, and we moved over here about 9 years ago, we had a house on the Bay in Grasonville, on Chester River Drive, just off Kent Island.

I've seen 3 on the road, possibly only two, other than mine. A Graphite over on the DC Beltway on a Sunday a couple months ago. I was in my pickup. The car came onto the beltway from a ramp so I watched it accelerate and the wing deploy. Cool.

I've seen two SSB's in the Baltimore area, one downtown, and another near my home in Catonsville. Could have been the same car.

My car is pretty much a garage queen right now. If it rains hard tomorrow as predicted, doing a good job of washing away the remaining snow and the road salt, and things dry out by the weekend I might put some miles on it. It hasn't been out of the driveway in almost 3 weeks. It needs a wash.

Let's stay in touch. Come Spring, maybe we can get Rob Wright to drive over from Northern Va, and we can meet for crabs at Fisherman's Crab Deck just off Kent Island.

Todd

Old 12-17-2003, 10:16 PM

I fell in love and couldn't eat, sleep or work until I had one of my own to ga ga over. What a piece of art!

Old 12-23-2003, 02:23 AM

I never thought I'd buy a car over $25K (unless it was a Lamborghini)...I'm just too practical...drove an Accord most of my life, and had cheap, used Miatas for a little fun going topless. Then I saw an ad for the Crossfire on a Thursday morning in September and couldn't believe it was a Chrysler. After visiting the web, I couldn't believe it was less than $50K...still, it was far too impractical to consider.

But then I had a lousy day, and as I drove home 40 miles from work at 9pm that night, I figured I deserved to at least check out that gorgeous Crossfire, and drove right to the dealership. It was love at first sight. I refused to test drive it that night because I was afraid I'd buy it on the spot...and I wanted to see a red one. I went home and read a couple of reviews on the web (that really made no difference...I was totally in love with the looks...the performance was just icing on the cake). On Friday, I got a call that a red one would be at the dealership on Saturday morning. First thing Saturday, I was signing paperwork (preferred the SSB).

I still remember the finance guy asking me if I'd be keeping the car a long time and I laughed, thinking the two-seater was so impractical (had to trade in my Accord) that I doubted I'd keep the Crossfire more than nine months. But now that I've driven it for three months and almost ten thousand miles, I can't imagine ever letting it go. What perfect fun!

Old 12-23-2003, 12:44 PM
Default Aesthetics and Being Different from my Demographics

First time I saw this car at the LA AUTO SHOW i was floored. A bit changed to the car but not drastically as do some prototypes filtered down through the production line. That in itself impressed me to where I knew they were confident of the "lines" in the car. I am 26 years young and believe me I received all sorts of advice of not getting the car because it was different from the Z,G35,and all the other cars on the same platform. My reaction...screw you guys this car is awesome. The conclusion after I just picked it up two weeks ago with a 3month wait, everyone is lined up for a ride and they are really impressed.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Honorary -C-I-C-C-I Member

I'm 28, and out here in California there aren't too many guys my age who have ever even set foot on a Chrysler dealer showroom. It's funny how people say they buy their sports cars to stand out from the crowd... and then they all buy the same cars! 350Z's and G35's are a dime a dozen in California. It's great to have a car that's still rare and gets the looks even after 6 months in production. Their loss!

This car has the right combination of classic RWD proportions, sexy surfaces, and precision. It has historical vaue because it's the first true DCX product. I hope that in 30 years this car will look as good at the Pebble Beach Concours as it does today.

Old 12-28-2003, 06:48 PM

kush...check email, replied via email as opposed to posting to forum.

yes, i am living on kent island and commuting into dc (and juggling weekends between venturing to permanent home in PA and friends in rehoboth). if you and others are in the area as some point, the fisherman's deck would be a great spot to meet.

bonster

Old 12-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Default Act of Spontaneity

When I first saw the prototypes for the Crossfire, I wanted one. It looked fierce and I read that it would have close to 300hp. I saw an episode on The Late Night Show that Jay Leno ordered one so I figured that if he could fit in one then I could fit in one also. However, when I went down to the dealership, I got in one and couldn't fit in the driver's seat. I was disappointed.

Later, I went to trade in my C70 for a G35 coupe, black with nav and chrome wheels but the dealership wanted way too much for it. They said that if I didn't take it, then somebody else would. So I left and was on my way to a basketball game with my wife when we passed by the Chrysler dealership. She wanted to see the Crossfire. She test drove one and started smiling from ear to ear. I drove it as well and was ok with it. I still liked the power of the G35 Coupe. She was driving an 03 Escalade so I bought the Crossfire for her and took her Escalade.

Old 03-21-2004, 08:35 PM

Took my 02 Sebring in for an oil change the middle of last week. As I did with the last couple visits, when I was at the dealership, I went into the showroom and sat in the only Crossfire at the dealership. My Salesman that sold me my last two cars walks up and asks if I want to take it for a spin. I said it was a little too expensive for me; he gave me numbers on a 20k 39mo lease my wife and I was willing to pay (She gave me permission ). I took it for a test drive. Sold.

I drove in for an oil change for my Sebring, drove out with a 04 SSB Crossfire . Beautiful car with all the power I need . But a h*** of an expensive oil change :wink:

Old 03-21-2004, 08:44 PM

Congrats, Psynosis I know you will like the car.

Enjoy!!!

Old 03-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't need the car...BUT I WANT IT!

I was looking for an H2, 350z convertible or another Porsche in Houston after being discouraged from the dealership where I negotiated with a Crossfire here in my area. We we're having a tennis tournament there and was staying at Marriott Hotel near the Galleria area. I saw an ad in the newspaper that matches the price I want for the Crossfire $32 k ( not a firm believer of paying MSRP for any car ) so, I drove 40 miles to buy it. It was a blaze red Crossfire and my first drive with my new CF in the freeway was amazing and zooming as I was trying to run away from the incoming storm behind me!
When I arrived at the hotel..everybody's eyes were on my CF and I ask the valet boys if it's safe to have my new CF parked in their valet parking overnight. One of them says " I wouldn't do it, but we can park your car here in front of the hotel just across our desk." Next thing I know my red blaze Crossfire was parked right in front of the hotel entrance with orange safety cones around it! I've never been treated so special that way with my Porsche 911 and I really felt like I'm Andre Agassi !

Old 03-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool... the same "orange" cone thing happened to us in our last car in the Disneyland lot several years back. They were parking cars by rows but we got waved back to the very end gore zone of the the next row. That night when we came back there it was... cordened off by the cones. We really felt like celebrities that night!!! 8) 8) 8)

Old 03-24-2004, 03:30 PM

Hmmm...I didn't need the car either...I went out looking for luggage and it came with a car

Old 03-25-2004, 06:15 AM

When the concept appeared it was LOVE. I loved the deco-inspired Rocketeer-esque styling.

Then the preprodution showed up and I was intitially disappointed with the styling changes until I saw it at the autoshow. Love again.

Then I saw the first production car at the dealership and stopped for a look. I was impressed by the solidity of the doors and most of the interior. But it was the styling that had me. I said right then that it was my next car.

I was in the process of buying a new home with my partner and buying a new car wasn't possible. So I waited until the end of Feb when the rebates were great and I got it! AND a Honda Element the same weekend.

'Course only three weeks later I'm trying to figure out a way to keep my home and the Crossfire with just my income. ****.....Right?

So the short answer? Styling. Styling not let down by the rest of the car.

Dallas

Old 03-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I drooled over SLKs for a long time just wanting one so bad but couldn't really afford one. Even a used 01 SLK 320 was hitting around 35k at the time and that is what I planned on getting. Well one day I was driving my work truck and saw a Crossfire parked at the local lot by the main street. I really looked and stared. Then after finding this forum and finally test driving one I was hooked.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Question Why did you choose the Crossfire?

Just curious as to what made everyone else decide to buy the crossfire over the other cars in its category? Why not the 350Z, Mustang GT, S2000, TT, G35... all those...even though in my opinion the crossfire stands alone... but that's because I'm bias.

I got mine because i test drove the car (along with the 04' TT and 05' G35 in the same day) and the crossfire just captivated me. It looks like nothing else, it's priced just right, the power is enough for me, and it has the reliability of MB... what's not to love?!

I have driven the GT, G35, and TT, none of them could compare to the crossfire. However, if i wanted to spend more than 20K on a car, i would've gotten a 2007 TT. Maybe in 2 years... once the depreciation hits hard!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Default Re: Why did you choose the Crossfire?

Exclusivity, style, fun and comfort. All for Hyundai money. Why not?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know personally I never really saw cars like g35, honda s2000, mustang, nissan z in the same category as my car, but that is maybe cause I have the srt-6... or cause I would have still bought the same car if it was still at it's sticker price.

The cars I saw in my category are more like Cayman, boxster, low end 911, SLK, Z4 M, and similar cars of this range...

3 reasons for me.
Exclusivity as this car is way less common than others I or you mentioned...
Styling it is just too good to pass up... an artwork...
AMG I am a long lover of benz and if it is AMG I am just so much for it...

Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Received 351 Likes on 310 Posts

With me, I loved it from the time it was a concept. It seemed timeless and totally unique. The quality, style and performance were just bonus. I guess I must have something wrong with me because I am unable to find anything I don't like. Good acceleration, great cornering, lots of attention and I don't even hate the cup holder. I don't love it but I don't hate it.

Quick Reply: What made you buy your Crossfire