All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Hi Tracy, The link I provided will get you all genuine Mercedes parts. I would not put any aftermarket parts in the transmission. You don't want to be going back in there again. As for the ATF I would use the original Mercedes / Mopar transmission fluid. When you drop the pan to do a transmission fluid change, not all of the fluid is drained (there are several quarts that remain in the torque converter) so I would not recommend "mixing" the fluid types. Just stick with the original Mercedes fluid (or Mopar labeled fluid). It's not cheap but worth the peace of mind. Buy about 6 quarts so you'll have plenty. Please let us know how you end up.
Red Dog.... I have "good news" I think. Today we FINALLY noticed a fluid spot in the driveway!! I scoured the yard for a spot with the right angle that I could get a good look under there. And thank goodness I found red fluid!! Woot woot. I am excited about this because I hope I can just do the O-ring sensor repair as opposed to the conductor plate! Now I just have to cross my fingers!

Last edited by SRT6GRL; 10-26-2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: oops
Old 10-26-2014, 10:15 PM

I had such an exciting and productive day! I got all of my new SRT6 decals installed! And it looks SO MUCH better. My hubby hardwired in my radar detector. We put In the bass blockers in the door and OMG, I have to agree with everyone. ...a whole new stereo!!! I also POSSIBLY diagnosed my tranny issue finally. So it just feels like I got so much done today! Thanks so much to OP of all the helpful info I used today!!!

Old 10-27-2014, 03:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by amx1397
wished you had called me before you built it , it does look good, but you will need to install some 3" pipe inside the blue hose on each side of the rad support it can go inside /not seen or sticking out of the hose. ,at wot after about 50 yards ir will collapse on you
or you could get the HD black hose from Needswings it works. jim
Ya. I was aware of that. I've got some custom devil horns being fabbed that will take care of that.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everybody is working so hard, I'm feeling lazy since all I did was drive mine. 82 degrees (I figure the last till probably late May), partly sunny so I added another 65 or 70 miles to those I racked up with the local guys Saturday. Went over the 41,000 mile mark with today's drive and that puts me about 600 shy of 5000 since I bought her in Feb 2012. I did spend an hour or so after the drive cleaning the car inside and out.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT6GRL
I had such an exciting and productive day! I got all of my new SRT6 decals installed! And it looks SO MUCH better. My hubby hardwired in my radar detector. We put In the bass blockers in the door and OMG, I have to agree with everyone. ...a whole new stereo!!! I also POSSIBLY diagnosed my tranny issue finally. So it just feels like I got so much done today! Thanks so much to OP of all the helpful info I used today!!!
What are bass blockers and what do they do exactly?

I didn't do anything today except for admitting that the car needs to be washed and vacuumed but due to the no-time issue it will have to wait till tomorrow late afternoon!!

Old 10-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I hopped along on my crutches and starred at the car for an hour remembering all those great curves we drove together at the Dragon this fall...does this count?

Last edited by Big Daddy; 10-27-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got my Piloti Driving shoes have had my Crossfire 6 speed and have worn out a pair of my tennis as I only drive a short distance but a lot of stop and go.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

take care of those shoes, they aren't made anymore....just sayin'..... I have a spare pair of high tops if you need them.....

Old 10-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
take care of those shoes, they aren't made anymore....just sayin'..... I have a spare pair of high tops if you need them.....
A tire company in Canada and they are back in production the main distributor is Piloti USA and is located in Washington State no shipping charge had them in 4 days better than ever.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Started my winters projects by removing the valve covers and manifolds and stripped and cleaned V covers. ready to paint tomorrow. Also, I worked on the grill that I'm fabricating, finalized the design of the cannards I am making, it will look completely different next year.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by nickwe21
What are bass blockers and what do they do exactly?

I didn't do anything today except for admitting that the car needs to be washed and vacuumed but due to the no-time issue it will have to wait till tomorrow late afternoon!!
Nick,
I am not a stereo person so this is gonna be ridiculous simple. .. lol...
they do exactly what they are called. They take the signal and filter out a certain level
of sound depending on the specific one you buy. The door speakers carry too much bass in them. If you want your subs to sound like they hit a bit harder this is your fix. What actually happens is you filter out the low tones in the door speakers so that you can turn up the bass level on the deck and the subs will sound louder and the door speakers won't sound distorted. Its a SUPER easy install.
For more info go to the electrical section of the forum. I think its a sticky and says something like Best Bang for the Buck.... there is almost TOO much info there because it sounds complicated when truly all it is, is to open the panel, cut the wire, wire in the little dohickey and then close the panel. Like a 15 minute job for both sides including clean up

Old 10-28-2014, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by jayloukakis@hotmail.com
Got my Piloti Driving shoes have had my Crossfire 6 speed and have worn out a pair of my tennis as I only drive a short distance but a lot of stop and go.
I like my Nike driving shoes...

Old 10-28-2014, 12:36 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by syfi
Finished installing my DIY DCAI a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to taking some pics while at the Daytona Beach Dream Cruise this weekend. Mike S
Nice job! Great looking SRT6 . . . I especially like that wire mesh grille!

Old 10-28-2014, 01:07 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Red Dog.... I have "good news" I think. Today we FINALLY noticed a fluid spot in the driveway!! I scoured the yard for a spot with the right angle that I could get a good look under there. And thank goodness I found red fluid!! Woot woot. I am excited about this because I hope I can just do the O-ring sensor repair as opposed to the conductor plate! Now I just have to cross my fingers!
The connection at the transmission is an entirely different animal. You should only be concerned about that if you see a transmission fluid leak (commonly the o-ring on the connector part).
Are you absolutely certain that your transmission fluid level is good?
Yep . . . your problems with the transmission have all been because the connector was leaking and the fluid level became low. Put in a new connector (less than $15.00 for the part) and top off the fluid level. You'll be good to go! Note: You can add about a cup of transmission fluid right now to stop the transmission issues until you can buy and install that new connector part.

Last edited by RED DOG; 10-28-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:34 AM

Yes thats all I did to , was drive it both Saturday & Sunday great weather here in Indiana but not for long : ( !!!

Old 10-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

little dohickey
Gotta love our Southern Girls .......
"And the Southern Girls, with the way they talk, they knock me out when I'm down there"

Old 10-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nick,
I think its a sticky and says something like Best Bang for the Buck.... there is almost TOO much info there because it sounds complicated when truly all it is, is to open the panel, cut the wire, wire in the little dohickey and then close the panel. Like a 15 minute job for both sides including clean up
Here is the link: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/audio-video-electronics/9938-biggest-stereo-bang-buck-mod.html
Post 21 is the How-To
The dohickey is a 220uF capacitor.

Stan

Last edited by Red Runner; 10-28-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Gotta love our Southern Girls .......
"And the Southern Girls, with the way they talk, they knock me out when I'm down there"
And southern girls who play with cars are the BEST, right?!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Red Runner
Here is the link: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/audio-video-electronics/9938-biggest-stereo-bang-buck-mod.html
Post 21 is the How-To
The dohickey is a 220uF capacitor.

Stan
Thank you Stan!
I knew one of you boys would lend your expertise

Old 10-28-2014, 11:34 AM

Yep . . . your problems with the transmission have all been because the connector was leaking and the fluid level became low. Put in a new connector (less than $15.00 for the part) and top off the fluid level. You'll be good to go! Note: You can add about a cup of transmission fluid right now to stop the transmission issues until you can buy and install that new connector part.
Bob,
I read enough to know that was a distinct possibility. But until I saw a spot I didn't think to find a low spot in the yard. Its like thst spot MADE me have to get under there. Then I was very excited
Definitely gonna have to get some of them ramp things. Lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?