All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Installed the front Koni's on the 6 , super simple easy install Front half of the car rides great and the rear still rides Horrible , I could tell the OEM'S where worn completely out . maybe I'll get the rears installed soon ... WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR'S TODAY

hOWARD

Old 12-13-2011, 09:56 AM

Took her to my friends body shop, washed (underbody and all) and detailed her in a nice heated bay

Wish the garage at home were heated (maybe next year)

Old 12-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Took her to my friends body shop, washed (underbody and all) and detailed her in a nice heated bay

Wish the garage at home were heated (maybe next year)
Man, I wish.

To the rest of the guys here -- you haven't lived until you have washed a car in an indoor wash-bay, inside a heated garage, using heated water and compressed air to dry it.

One of my entry-level jobs at Nissan was in the executive garage, cleaning and servicing the VIP cars all day.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Recently I repaired the leaking spoiler and modified my intake to allow my engine cover to fit.

2011-12-12_19-18-36_737.jpg

2011-12-12_19-57-20_308.jpg

2011-12-12_19-19-24_661.jpg

2011-12-12_19-57-31_584.jpg

2011-12-12_21-31-39_546.jpg

Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Received 563 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by grip grip
Recently I repaired the leaking spoiler and modified my intake to allow my engine cover to fit.

That is my current project, your seal was much worse than mine though.
If I may suggest although it is too late maybe, your seal does not cover enough area. If you have the top seal where yours is water can sit in the pocket you have created and was there in the original gasket when it was installed. Water and dist and grime will accumulate and over time create a rust trap which will be fed every time it gets wet.
The bottom flat area also has to be kept dry to prevent water sitting on the shelf as it does not drain.
My original gasket had the better arrangement but it just moved away from the ideal location and then allowed a little leak.

You can see in this picture how my original seal was very close to the outside face and then sloped down toward the edges allowing the water to move to the outside area where it can run down and under the lower panel.
The vertical seals are also on the higher plane and not on the bottom face like yours, again keeping the water toward the edges.
I am intending my bottom seal to be as close to the wing emblem as I can to keep water off that flat shelf area as much as I can.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That is my current project, your seal was much worse than mine though.
If I may suggest although it is too late maybe, your seal does not cover enough area. If you have the top seal where yours is water can sit in the pocket you have created and was there in the original gasket when it was installed. Water and dist and grime will accumulate and over time create a rust trap which will be fed every time it gets wet.
The bottom flat area also has to be kept dry to prevent water sitting on the shelf as it does not drain.
My original gasket had the better arrangement but it just moved away from the ideal location and then allowed a little leak.

You can see in this picture how my original seal was very close to the outside face and then sloped down toward the edges allowing the water to move to the outside area where it can run down and under the lower panel.
The vertical seals are also on the higher plane and not on the bottom face like yours, again keeping the water toward the edges.
I am intending my bottom seal to be as close to the wing emblem as I can to keep water off that flat shelf area as much as I can.

Mine is back on and the RTV is fully cured, so it's not coming off now unless I see more leaking. I left the stock gasket on, but I liberally applied a thick coat of right beside it to ensure a waterproof seal. I didn't find any leaking the past two days after driving around in the rain, so I may be out of the woods. Thanks for the advice though.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:18 AM

Started on the rear shock install last night put the car (rear) on jack stands pulled the wheels ,control arm covers and removed the shocks , both are shot no wonder it felt like my butt was bouncing on concrete ,,,, shocks will be here Monday so i'm spending some time today looking everything over and make sure all the components look sound... another thank you to Rob at NW You da man. Ill try to get some pics up later .

Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Installed my long awaited custom high performance christmas wreath today - haven't had my XF on the dyno yet, but I swear it feels like eight reindeer power increase --- HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my crossfire family!

Last edited by coolx; 04-14-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check my cars brake fluid condition with a test strip. Have about 25,000 mi on this fluid shows its ok.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Put BFG KD's on my car. I went up to 275's on the rear. Looks mean! Great sticky tires.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:58 PM

Mine is back on and the RTV is fully cured, so it's not coming off now unless I see more leaking. I left the stock gasket on, but I liberally applied a thick coat of right beside it to ensure a waterproof seal. I didn't find any leaking the past two days after driving around in the rain, so I may be out of the woods. Thanks for the advice though.
I do not think yours will leak but water will be trapped and cause rust at some time in the future. My intention is to keep water completely away from the area entirely, more so than the original. I have all winter to solve this.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Removed my broken cup holder then installed a Saturn S series console bin in it's place. Only the Saturn without electric windows and door locks got the cheap console with a console bin that's almost identical to our high dollar factory bin. Saturns bin is 1/4" longer so you have to file out our console 1/4" so it will slip in. Lenghten the slot that's closest to the coupes mirror adjustment **** and nothing underneath will be in your way. Had to razor blade a couple slight lock tap areas under the bins rolled top so it would fit flush like factory. Like new bin cost me 50cents from salvage yard. Squirrel Crusher

Old 12-20-2011, 01:38 AM

I did a couple of things this past week besides cleaning it.

1. I installed a constant 12V power source via a cigarette lighter adapter under the hood so I can easily power my air compressor while at the track. In the past I've had to open the door, turn on the ignition, and plug the compressor into the outlet on the dash. After inflating one side of the car I'd have to get back in and run the cord out the opposite door. This has been a PITA so far, but no any longer.

2011-12-20_00-33-18_61.jpg
2011-12-20_00-33-33_927.jpg

2. I repaired the leaky passenger side valve cover.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:57 PM

Almost destroyed the S/C magnet today swapping out my stock pulley for the smaller one that I had machined. I'm not very bright at times.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:03 PM

Almost destroyed the S/C magnet today swapping out my stock pulley for the smaller one that I had machined. I'm not very bright at times.
We had noticed. LOL

How was that, riveting?

Old 12-23-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
We had noticed. LOL

How was that, riveting?
LOL

No, I decided that the black magnet was supposed to come off with the pulley (since I'd not seen any diagrams I took an uneducated guess and guessed wrong) and put a pulley-puller on the magnet.

I warped it a bit, but a big-a$$ mallet and block of wood may have fixed it. I'm becoming a redneck by the second, or should I say
a bigger redneck.

What makes it funny as hell to me was the fact I was using the strongest puller available, 14K lbs. LMAO

By the way, I may have destroyed something, but I'll test it tomorrow to find out.

Last edited by grip grip; 12-23-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DROVE IT!!!

My wife had an accident with her car last night so I had to take Nina out of hibernation and drive her to work. Of course it snowed this morning ...just an inch. Sure was good to just stare at her in the parking lot at work again

Last edited by green-ghost; 12-24-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:35 AM

LOL

No, I decided that the black magnet was supposed to come off with the pulley (since I'd not seen any diagrams I took an uneducated guess and guessed wrong) and put a pulley-puller on the magnet.

I warped it a bit, but a big-a$$ mallet and block of wood may have fixed it. I'm becoming a redneck by the second, or should I say
a bigger redneck.

What makes it funny as hell to me was the fact I was using the strongest puller available, 14K lbs. LMAO

By the way, I may have destroyed something, but I'll test it tomorrow to find out.

OUCH !THAT MADE ME CRINGE Good Luck ,,hope everything is ok..

Old 12-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I am taking mine out for a drive today....last year we had snow for Christmas, this year it looks to be 45 and and dry....time to drive them both this weekend...

Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I am taking mine out for a drive today....last year we had snow for Christmas, this year it looks to be 45 and and dry
Same here !!!
Great weather here in Chi-town and the Crossfire is still my daily driver.
No snow here yet

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?